“Great Room” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Starkville, Mississippi
“Great Room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

My stay last week at Days Inn in room 129 was very relaxing. The room was very clean. The bath room was in excellent shape and very clean. The staff was so nice and helpful. I would recommend this hotel very highly and I will always look for the Days Inn in the future when I travel.
Carolyn p.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Carolyn p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

My stay is alway great . Rooms clean and non smoking room didn't smell like smoke.
Day to day the cleaning of my room was great .
Close to all the restaurants easy in and out access .
And a friendly staff.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tony S
Meridian, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I checked into this hotel at approximately 5:20 p.m. on Monday, June 23rd, 2014. My room had been guaranteed with my spouse's credit card. I told the clerk on duty that I did not want to pay with the card that had guaranteed the reservation; I wanted to use my debit card instead. The young man tried several times to run my card, telling me that the computer was telling him that my debit card had expired, even though the date visible on the card was clearly not expired. I told the young man that I would go to my bank's branch and withdraw the money and come back. He said he would keep the room on the credit card so that I could check in. Upon going to my bank's branch and successfully withdrawing money through the ATM using my debit card, I returned to the front desk and informed the clerk that his machine was at fault, not my card. He ran my card again; lo and behold...it worked this time. I told this young man that since I had withdrawn my payment for the room from the ATM, that I would be paying cash for my room. He said no problem. I went ahead and went up to my room. When I checked out of my room at 7:15 on Tuesday, June 24th, 2014, I explained the night's events to the desk clerk on duty concerning my check in. I again stated that I wanted to pay for my room with cash and was assured that wouldn't be a problem. They asked to see my card. I showed it to them. They said this number doesn't match....They had the wrong bill! I informed them that I had JUST turned in my key for Room #208. They located the correct bill and I paid my bill, received a copy of the transaction and left. Upon my arrival home on the afternoon of Tuesday, 6/24/2014, at approximately 4 p.m., I logged into my checking account to reconcile my bank statement. The Day's Inn charge for my room was shown as pending debit from my account and, as a result, my account was being placed in overdraft. I immediately contacted the hotel and was informed by the clerk on duty that he couldn't help me because he wasn't authorized to void charges. I asked him to contact the manage with my information and was told that he would do so. I then contacted my bank's customer service and spoke to a representative. On investigation of my account, this young lady informed me that my expire date had been entered into the system incorrectly several times on Monday night. She also confirmed my cash withdrawal on the same evening. After explaining my situation concerning the double charge, I was told that the bank could not reverse the charges back to the hotel without action on the hotel's part. However, the bank representative volunteered to contact the hotel to see what she could do. She contacted the hotel. After she spoke with the desk clerk, she contacted me again. She had spoken to the same young man that I had spoken to earlier and been told the same thing. She asked them to verify contact information for me. The young man had verified my number; however, he had written it down wrong. The manager would have had the wrong information! I also tried to contact customer service at the corporate level and I was on hold for 30 minutes two times already on this evening of 6/24/2014. This, to me, is a very unprofessional way to conduct business. I will not be patronizing any establishment associated with this particular brand again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Starkville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The good news is that the beds were clean and comfortable. But the rest of the room was in poor shape. Bad paint job on walls with visible patches/repairs. Bathroom was the worst - Jacuzzi tub had brown water coming from faucet; partially functioning shower head; small, rough towels. I could go on, but you get the picture. The staff was friendly, but had no authority to help with tub issue. I was told the Manager/Owner would call me, but 2 weeks later I haven't heard a thing. This was the only room available in the area (with a 2 week advance reservation) or I would have stayed elsewhere. Definitely not worth the money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family