“awesome”

Fitz Casino and Hotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Reviewed 22 October 2007

I have been going to Tunica, MS for appx 6 years and the FITZ is the best. We recently tried to stay at another Casino (SAMS TOWN) just to see the difference and NO COMPARISON to the FITZ > I absoulutley love the renovations that the Fitz has done. There beds are out of this world comfortable. Staff friendly, comps great - For all you first timers be sure to see the Promotions booth and get your Fitz card, use the card each time you play and watch the comps come - Free Buffett, Free Steak House dinner, Free Rooms etc.... Easiest COMPS in Tunica !!!!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends
5  Thank meshall

Reviewed 18 October 2007

My husband and I just came back from celebrating our 10th anniversary at Fitz's. We had a great time. The remodeled rooms are fabulous!! We had stayed at Fitz's before and it was o.k. .But now the whole look has changed..The service was great .The buffett was good.We will defintely. return to Fitzgeralds for many more anniversarys.

5  Thank mcp_7
Reviewed 20 September 2007

I have to say that the Fitz is not only a great place to stay, it's also a very nice place to gamble! Out of all the other Casinos in Tunica, MS (which are ALL great by the way) this one would be the one for you if you don't really want to do a lot of tables (which there are roughly 13 diff tables including roulette, craps..etc) and are into slots & video poker! The Fitz has got 2 floors; the bottom is jam packed with MANY different types of slots and "video" style slots ranging from 1 cent to $5 as well as video poker. The bottom floor also houses the tables. The 2nd floor houses yet another huge selection of slots & video poker and also is the home of the restaurants which are VERY reasonably priced. The buffet, before 4 pm is only $8.95 USD per person! Also the staff is friendly and they always keep you happy with the complimentary drinks as long as you are playing. I got ZONKED! Some warnings...Bring your own smokes if you're a smoker as it's $6 USD per pack if you buy them at the machines. I'd use cash as much as possible instead of Debit/Credit as they charge between $1 and $3 per transaction at the restaurants and doesn't show on your reciept. Also don't use their ATM's as they charge a ridiculous amount...if you just want to get $100 it'll end up costing over $25 in fees...bring money ahead of time or do like me and my wife did and drive for 2 mins to the gas station and use their ATM which costs $2. Overall The Fitz is a place for the money-minded gambler because of all of it's penny and nickel machines that DO pay out just as much as the $5 & up machines anywhere else, depends on how long you're willing to sit there and play. - JM (AR)

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank J0shua
Reviewed 26 August 2007

Fitzsgerald Hotel and Casino Robinsonville, Ms
Tunica
Just stayed at the Fitz for 4 days and was very, very pleased with the hotel overall. All staff members we dealt with were very accomodating and professional. Our room was beautifully decorated, very clean and well maintained during our stay. Very quiet at night , sleep undisturbed.The breakfast buffet was great, lots of choices, staff very efficent and very friendly. Great parking, shuttle to other casinos available. Nice indoor pool and workout room. Gift shop could offer more choices. Lots of security on hand, felt very secure. Casino was very nice, cocktail waitresses were always available, cashiers and hosts very friendly and accomodating. The property was very clean at all times, cleaning staff always on top of things both in and out of the casino. Front desk and bellman were very accomodating. I will most definitely stay at this hotel on my next visit to Tunica. We visited all the other casinos in Tunica but the Fitz was the best..

Stayed: August 2007
7  Thank SKYPALO
Reviewed 9 June 2007

-My wife and I along with my brother and his wife stayed at the "Fitz" the second week in June. Wife and I had a deluxe room and my 'bro had a regular room. There is really not much difference between the two. The Deluxe room has a flat screen TV. Otherwise they are very similar.
-I found the casino table staff very friendly and accommodating. We played blackjack and the dealers were outstanding. I always wonder why people have trouble with dealers. The dealer wants you to win. It isn't their money and if you win, they win. Larger tips and it keeps the table in play. Comps are figured on how long you are at the table and what your average bet is. It behooves the dealer to keep you there. Read winning.
-I have yet to find a casino steakhouse worth the trouble. We always eat one meal at the casino's steakhouse and usually it's no better than Outback, if that. Done with casino steakhouses. The worst casino meal I ever had was at a Las Vegas casino. The cheapest thing on the Japanese restaurant menu was $85. I kid you not!
-Tunica is different in that you have to drive or take the shuttle to some of the other casinos. The Gold Strike, Horseshoe and Sheraton are close together. Sam's Town, Hollywood and Resorts are close together. The Grand is out by itself along with Bally's.
-At checkout I had to deal with the Casino host and Table Games Host. They were excellent. The minor difficulty was worked out and I was very satisfied by their professional demeanor and supurb problem solving skills.
-We plan to go back to the Fitz later this summer. You can't beat the Vegas feel anywhere but in Las Vegas. The Tunica experience is very adequate for some serious gaming, slots or tables.
-Remember, it's not how much you win or loose, it's how long you play and how much you bet.
-Good luck and enjoy the Fitz! You won't be disappointed.

-I would definitely recommend the "Fitz:"

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
6  Thank trvlbuff
Reviewed 12 March 2007

Fitzerald's was actually better than I expected from reading some of the reviews. I really liked this place and would definetely go back again. The only thing that really was bad at all was that one of the dealer's, Russell, was really rude. What an idiot. I had all five dollar chips and asked him to give me five ones so that I could tip the waitress, which he did. So after a few mintes I asked him to change five of my ones back into a five piece(I made some extra ones, so now I knew I had plenty to tip the waitress with). He said, "Why?" I said, I was like "I don't know," I was stunned at the question and didn't really know what to say, I was planning on using it to play with, now that I had some extra ones to tip with. Then he says, "Well I've got better things to do than change chips for you all night.;" and basically threw the chips back towards me. I just got up and walked away. Other than that, the place was pretty good.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with friends
5  Thank dustyj
Reviewed 3 March 2007

I always stay at Fitzgeralds Casino, it is off to itself, but there is shuttle transportation to other casinos. They are remodeling some areas now. I stay there about twice a year. The rooms are good and reasonable. I have 98% of the time been able to get a room there. The staff is very friendly.

I am trying to get transportation from the memphis airport to the hotel, but I am not having any luck. I would like to fly in by myself instead of always driving there from Michigan.

Daisy Wilson