“Just ok but the price was right”

Fitz Casino and Hotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Just ok but the price was right”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I just returned from my first trip to Tunica in over 13 years. I wasn't sure what to expect but overall was pleased with the experience. The Fitz was a fine place to stay. A little run down but it was clean and despite a large family reunion taking place, pleasantly quiet. We did have to request extra towels and wash cloths twice. It irritated me a little that I reserved a room for 4 people and only had two washcloths and 3 towels each day. Housekeeping was quick to bring us more when we called but I just don't think this is something that should ever have to be requested. We had a fun time playing in the casino here as well. The $3 blackjack was nice and the roulette table was a good time. There is a large selection of penny slot machines too that some in my party enjoyed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank RabidVacationer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Hunlock Creek, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Ok, the casino and hotel are older, but you know that ahead of time. Additionally, I cannot simply understand what people can complain about when they are paying barely anything for a stay here. If they want five stars, they should go somewhere that costs more. I just don't understand the standards that people expect when they are paying so little for a room! With that being said, we loved this place!! Had a feel of old Vegas to it! The service of ALL staff was impeccable and they handled a power outage and all the issues that accompany it with speed and efficiency. The staff were genuinely friendly and accommodating. The rooms were nice, comfortable beds and clean. Yes, the fixtures in the bathroom are old, but who cares, as noted, stay somewhere that charges more and you can have new bathroom fixtures. The included breakfast buffet was also more than decent, having the usual buffet items and including an omelette station. The only thing I was surprised of was the allowance of smoking in the restaurants, but as we came to find out, this is pretty much common still in Mississippi. They did a good job of keeping the smoke away from us though, and we didn't even notice while eating. We also split a cheesesteak at the snack bar for a snack before dinner and it was tasty, and priced much better than we are used to paying in casinos in Atlantic City and Vegas. The pool looked small, but clean, and people seemed to be enjoying it as well. Overall, we had a great stay here and would highly recommend this hotel and casino.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Stephanie G
Anniston
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We go to Tunica several times a year and we are always pleased with our stay at Fitz. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and all the slots and table games we like.
Comps are very generous. Thank You Fitzsgerald.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank GDudchock
Iuka, Mississippi
Reviewed 28 June 2014

First of all, I would like to say I have stayed at the Fitz., several times. I just don't get folks complaining about hairs being in the tub. The beds are clean, nice, and comfortable. The carpet is a little old, but clean. The housekeeping crew are nice and friendly. The tvs' are a little outdated, and some of the channels doesn't pick up good, but the cleanliness of the rooms is good!! Ohh, and for the special they're running, 2 free breakfasts, well, ya can't beat that with a stick!! I can honestly say, the Fitz. is OKAY!!
The ice machines has always worked for me, also. Now, they do have drapes, that darken the room, but I like that, because if I need to take a nap in the daytime, it helps to block out the sun, or you can open the outside drapes, and there is an extra pair, behind them, with privacy, but you can still see out, and they have always been clean. It is a nice, comfortable hotel. Now for the casino, well now, I will just say, it's my favorite one. Ohh,, I also enjoy the buffet, it's not as big as some of the other buffets in some of the other casinos, but the food is good. Now, the prime rib, is awesome. I suppose the only thing, that would be my main complain, would be that they do honestly need to update the tvs' because most of them does not pick up good at all. Now the employees are all friendly, except for one lady at the Rewards desk, she was quite unpleasant, but that was about probably a year ago, when I had spoken with her, to check my points. She was just being RUDE!! I believe she was the only employee that was not friendly, maybe she just had a bad day, so to speak ;) Now, this is my honest opinion.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank maryg364
Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here June 19, 2014. When we checked in the hotel clerk gave us two free tickets for the breakfast buffet for the following morning. That turned out to be the best "breakfast" buffet that I have had in quite a while. We had a King bed and well maintained room on the 4th floor. I was expecting to find the rooms in decay by now due to the recession and the age of this hotel but was pleasantly surprised that it turned out to be just the opposite. The casino has slots on two levels. We mainly play slots for entertainment and do not expect to win big. We preferred the slots on the 2nd level and did okay (ie., left with more money than we came with but nothing to brag about). Our total hotel bill was $42 but actually it was less than that when you subtract off what the breakfast would have cost us. We have stayed here before and will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wbmajer
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 June 2014

For years we have been going to Fitz for fun and gaming, but our last two visits to Fitz have been unbelievable the hotel has gone downhill so much that we will not be returning after 12 years of staying and playing. Fitz is not spending any money on the hotel up keep or customer service. They take and give nothing back to their customers in comp.We think that the wrong hotel was closed in Tunica MS !!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Thom p

Travellers are raving about these Tunica hotels

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to do a weekend getaway and decided to try The Fitz. What a huge mistake that was!! Right before making my reservation on the casino's website, I called the hotel to verify some of the amenities, since the pictures of the rooms were dark and few. The lady who took my call obviously had no clue as to what a jacuzzi tub is, because the tub in my suite was smaller than my tub at home. Got to the hotel to check in and the hotel associate wanted to argue with me as to how I made my reservation. I thought I was the customer! The carpets in the lobby and on the floors we were on had not been cleaned and/or shampooed in quite some time. Got to the suite and it looked like my grandmother's bedroom decor wise. Outdated furniture, paintings, etc. Floors were dirty, grout was filthy, and had mold in some places. Our non smoking room wreaked of smoke. The hair dryer didn't work, the TV's were old and small and the channels were local and snowy. I left toothpaste at home and went to the front desk for some. I have checked out and still haven't gotten that toothpaste that was supposed to be delivered to my room. The Casino Buffet Was horrible, AND had an odor. The food was absolutely terrible. Sadly, I was asked about my stay and I told the hotel desk person it was terrible, they looked at me and this guy just says, "ok". With staff members behind the counter with no shoes on working. This place needs to be shut down without further torture to the guests.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple