“Fitzgeralds Casino Resort Motel”

Fitz Casino and Hotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Lansing, Michigan
“Fitzgeralds Casino Resort Motel”
Reviewed 3 March 2007

I always stay at Fitzgeralds Casino, it is off to itself, but there is shuttle transportation to other casinos. They are remodeling some areas now. I stay there about twice a year. The rooms are good and reasonable. I have 98% of the time been able to get a room there. The staff is very friendly.

I am trying to get transportation from the memphis airport to the hotel, but I am not having any luck. I would like to fly in by myself instead of always driving there from Michigan.

Daisy Wilson
dmw711@aol.com

3 Thank damae

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Illinois
Reviewed 24 February 2007

I absolutely love this place. We go there at least 5 times a year.. We always receive free rooms, and free buffets.. The one thing I do not like about The Fitz, is that we spend a lot of money there, and sometimes they tell us that we did not play enough to get a free buffet.. It's not the amount of money it's the time spent on one machine.. Go figure? Other then that I look forward to going to the Fitz... We are going this weekend...

• Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Trpl7771
Scottsboro, AL
Reviewed 15 January 2007

First let me say we love Tunica. We booked rooms here because everyone else was booked (last-minute trip). The rooms were okay, but the personnel at the table games were terrible. We always play the tables and could not get anyone to take our player's card (after two hours). Because we were not given credit for playing the tables, we were charged an outrageous amount for the rooms....and we played around $1000 at the tables. When I spoke with the casino host, he was rude and I was told I should have gotten the attention of the "pit boss." I told him I started waving and yelling at the pit boss after about an hour and a half. He rudely told me would give us a casino discount, but would not "comp the rooms." I didn't ask for a comp....I only asked for a player's club discount. We received the same treatment the next night. Will never go there again. Highly recommend the Gold Strike or Grand casinos...Treated like royalty there instead of a bother.

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — Rude employees at table games
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay at Gold Strike or the Grand
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Karenjbb

Travellers are raving about these Tunica hotels

SOUTHSIDE
Reviewed 17 October 2006

We truly enjoyed our trip to Tunica! The rooms at the Fitz were clean and not to mention the food was excellent. We had two(2) free night stay at the Fitz, and let me tell you we really enjoyed ourselves. We will stay at the Fitz again and again. My suggestions to all of you first timers, try the Fitz you will really enjoy yourself.

• Liked — EVERYTHING WAS FANTASTIC!
  • Disliked — The fitzgerald was absolutely a marvelous place to stay, especially the pool area.
  • Tips/Secrets — n/a
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank HWY78
wisconsin
Reviewed 2 October 2006

We booked two rooms directly three weeks in advance. Because of a sleep illness and allergies, we requested non smoking rooms. The booker said this would be no problem as three hundred room were available. Upon arrival, we were told no non smoking rooms were available. We were also told that only rooms, not room types, could be booked in advance. However, if there were any cancellations, we could get non smoking. If you could not reserve a room type, how could a cancellation result in what you requested? Despite talking to three different "managers", we could get no satisfaction and were made to feel it was our fault. We stayed one night in the room we were given, found the smell unbearable, the furniture torn and the carpets stained. We've never had a worse experience in a hotel. Despite repeated attempts to rectify the situation, management has had not response. They were not only rude, but lied repeatedly to cover their incompetance. Don't stay there!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — not worth it even if free
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with friends
8 Thank bootsyc
Cincinnati
Reviewed 5 August 2006

My husband & I visited Fitzgerald's Hotel & Casino on July 23rd and 24th, in Tunica Ms. We had a wonderful suite despite the fact that we made our reservations only a month before arriving. The rooms were spacious with a tv in the living room and bedroom. The bed was comfortable. We were fairly close to the elevator per our request. We've stayed there before but were not able to get a king bed a few years ago. They said they could reserve the room but not a bed size. This is the only place that has ever done this and we travel a lot. This time was nice. The casino is small and we did have to wait a while to get comps which is on the second floor of the casino. There were 4 employees behind the counter that could have helped. There were only 2 employees helping the 10 or so guests so the wait was quite some time. They were courteous when they did help you. We found the handicap parking spots few and far away. They could use more spaces and closer to the casino and hotel. We didn't win but had fun. We then went to Sam's Town, stayed 3 nights and had a wonderful time there too.

3 Thank Brunehilda
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 June 2006

Hi, I visited the Fitzgerald Hotel and Casino, Tunica, MS back in January and I tell you to walk into a hotel lobby and be consumed with the smell of cigarette smoke is a problem. It was the weekend so to change hotels was not an option. The weekends are always booked. The food was good, the room was nice but they need to install a better exhaust system. It is a turnoff to walk out of your room and be consumed with smoke.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member