“Scotish Links”
Review of River Bend Links

River Bend Links
More attraction details
Owner description: The name alone conjures up images of wind swept treeless terrain, and that is exactly what River Bend Links is. Golf course architect Clyde Johnston describes his River Bend Links course as "a field of dunes". Clyde transformed this cotton field into a marvelous Scottish links style course. Built next to the Mississippi River where animals still inhabit the area, during the round you may see deer, fox, or wild turkey.
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Great golf course on a absolutely gorgeous day. The course was very windy which made you feel like you could be in Scotland except you can see the Hollywood and Resorts casino in the background. The course was in very good condition from tee to green. The course is owned by three of the casinos. I thought we received a lot of value for our money. Definitely worth going back again.

1  Thank crapsguy

Reviewed 23 August 2010

We recently played a round on Saturday, August 21, 2010. We had heard the greens were much better than last year. And mike from tripadvisor said they played in May 2010 and they were better. My how things have changed in a few months....
The greens were actually worse than last year, and last year I would not have played this course except we have a tournament there every year we couldn't back out of. I would say 2 of the 18 greens were decent, the others were a sandy, swampy mess! They have to keep the greens wet all day and all day and all night but that keeps them from being healthy, too. Very little grass on the greens, and fertilizer was caked in so many places. We did the facebook special of $30 to play (which is actually $35 + tax to play). And I still felt that was too much. DO NOT PAY $55 to play this course on the weekend. You will feel cheated.

The new course owners are raving how their greens are so much better this year. Take my word for it, they're smoking crack if they think the greens are better.

Riverbend, quit being so cheap and put in champ. bermuda greens like every other course in memphis. everyone has given up on bent but you! (Colonial, Wedgewood, Southwind, North Creek, Mirimichi, and all the city courses!)

I just wish the club owners could be honest about the conditions and quit blowing sunshine up everyone's ***!

1  Thank johnnyutah90
Reviewed 24 May 2010

Over the winter the course was closed so that they might repair what had been allowed to deteriorate. They have done a great job. All 18 green have been resodded. The course is once again a pleasure to play. We also found the staff very friendly and helpful. I withdraw my negative comments from 2 years ago. They are still working on some of the sand traps, but all in all they have done a great job.

Reviewed 24 August 2009

My friends and I played River Bend on Sunday, August 23, 2009. The only thing that was good about the course was the fairways. The bunkers had grass growing in them with no sand. It was like hitting off dirt. The greens were the WORST part about the course. Looked like they had not been watered in 6 months. They were so brown and dry that it had octagon cracks in it. Also, the snack bar was TERRIBLE. They will charge you $5.50 for a hamburger that is only worth $1.00 at best. The sandwhiches are also horrible. They rip you off bad. I will never come back to this course again and hope no one else throws their money away at this course. Try Tunica National or Cottonwoods instead.

1  Thank nathanewinders
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 August 2009

-River Bend golf course should be avoided. So close to the shiny casinos of Tunica, MS, one would think they could at least hire a goat to cut the grass and steal some sand for the bunkers from a Mississippi river sandbar.
-I was excited to play a links style course but the care and up-keep were abysmal. Here are some of the lowlights:
1. Hard as rock, un-mowed fairways.
2. Over-grown rough.
3. No sand, mud in the bottom bunkers.
4. Greens covered in black fungus, if not void of grass.
-Whoever designed the River Bend golf course should be pissed that what appears to be a great design is being raped by the current management.
Oh, did I say it was expensive to play.

Been to River Bend Links? Share your experiences!