“Longest wait ever!”

Hollywood Cafe
Ranked #3 of 63 Restaurants in Tunica
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bella Vista, Arkansas
“Longest wait ever!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I genuinely enjoyed the ambiance. The place is really, really cool! Had a $2 domestic draft while we waited. Ordered a second $2 draft while we waited. And waited. And waited. Almost to the minute, an hour later, we were served. What made it worse was that a local couple came in after us and got served the EXACT same thing we ordered before us. So feeling sorry for the solitaire server went right out the window! Food was mixed. Burgers were all over cooked to medium well/well done. Onion rings were heavily breaded. The fried okra and tomatoes were OUTSTANDING! And the beer, when it does make it to the table, is very cold and refreshing. I would give this place a second chance because it is cool, and what was good was very good. But PLEEEEEEEEEEASE management, hire a second person!!!!

• Visited February 2014

“Worth the wait”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Cool little funky place, only one waitress so a little slow but the fried pickles & burger did not disappoint. Highly recommend also a great slice of music history there.

Oak Ridge, Tn
“The Best Fried Dill Pickle Chips You'll Ever Have”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

After seeing this place on TV, and knowing the history of the Fried Dill Pickle begins with the Hollywood Cafe, I had to check this spot out.

I stopped by during the middle of a weekday afternoon. The place was deserted when I walked in, but I was immediately greeted by a very friendly lady who turned out to be my waitress. She brought me a menu and I was seated at a table with a small basket of saltines and individually wrapped pats of butter.

I decided on an order the fried pickles, and about 5 or 6 minutes later, a beautiful platter of fried dill pickle chips arrived with two small containers of ranch dressing. The pickle chips were hot, exceptionally fresh and the light coating on them was crispy. The closest comparison of the taste would be a dill potato chip. The pickle chips were slightly sour, tangy and delicious, and dipping them into the ranch dressing made them absolutely perfect.

The order of pickle chips was ~$6.00 and it was a nice appetizer for two. This was a fun experience, and now I can highly recommend the Hollywood Cafe. Oh yeah, they also have burgers, sandwiches, some salads and a few other items, but whatever you get, make sure you get the fried dill pickle chips.

They even offer a Fried Sampler (regular or large) that includes Fried Green Tomatoes, Fried Dill Pickles, and some other fried delicacies.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Bryan L
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Awesome burger”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

So much food! We ordered the small appetizer platter and two cheeseburgers (which come with salad and potato) . Just too much food to eat in one setting! The burger was one of the best we've had and if I had known how good it was going to be, I would have passed on the app platter... Service was excellent and the sweet tea was amazing! Worth a visit!

Visited December 2013
Macon, Mississippi, United States
“Could Have Just Been an Off Night”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

First, I would like to share what I enjoyed about this visit. The cafe is brimming with character, and the connection to the very fine Marc Cohn song, Walking in Memphis, certainly adds a definite quality of cool. The interior is interesting with exposed brick and a neat old bar. I love places like this. We visited on a Wednesday night, and they were not very busy. The first employee we encountered was very personable, offering to let me taste a few beer samples when I told her that I would like something on tap and also something I had never had before. The beer was good and cold - very pleasant, indeed. Our server (not the person who brought my beer) was also very personable and attentive. So far, so good.

I had researched restaurants on tripadvisor before taking this trip, and I was looking forward to good, made-from-scratch onion rings (which I had been craving) and fried green tomatoes (which my wife loves). She and I split their large platter of onion rings, fried green tomatoes, and fried dill pickles. We were with another couple and they had a three cheese cheeseburger and fried chicken strips, both entrees accompanied by a salad. They seemed to enjoy their food. Their salads looked really fresh, and they said all of their food was good. I wish I could say the same about our food. Everything that my wife and I had was cold. It must have been ready long before the burger and chicken strips. The onion rings were mostly crust with VERY thin strips of onion, and the friend green tomatoes were limp and greasy. Most unpleasant.

Considering some of the other positive reviews on this site, maybe the cook was just having an off night. You may think so, too, when I share this next tidbit. During our meal, someone who I think was the cook (it was certainly someone working in the kitchen) walked around our table (we were sitting by the front window) and unplugged the exterior lights. I remarked to her, "You must be ready to go home." And she replied, "I sure am." A few minutes later, our server came to the table and apologized that this had happened, saying that it was an hour until closing and the lights should not have been extinguished. So, maybe the cook just did not have her heart in her job that night. Maybe if we had gotten our food hot and fresh, it might have been better. For whatever reason, the quality of our food was disappointing.

We rode by the restaurant the next day, and they had a much brisker lunch crowd, so maybe you would get better food during the day or possibly on the weekend when the restaurant is busier...maybe you will get a different cook, or maybe the cook will do a better job. I think it would be worth your while to visit this restaurant because it is a cool place, but the food quality might be hit or miss.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Hollywood Cafe? Share your experiences!