“Nothing to do”

Harrahs Hotel And Casino
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I can understand why this property is closing June 2, 2014. There is nothing to do except gamble and eat. The buffet wasn't very good and it wasn't open for breakfast. The staff was very friendly but housekeeping was hit or miss. We arrived to a very clean room with a beautifully made bed. The next day, the bed was half-made and a towel that I use with my CPAP machine was half under the covers. There are a very limited number of TV stations so I spent most of my time watching movies on my tablet. Slot machines were very tight. There were no shows in the casino which is unusual for Harrah's.

1  Thank Mama_C_215

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My cousin took an offer for flight & 3 night stay at this resort. They make sure their casinos out in the middle of nowhere, so once you get there you are stuck with nothing else to do but gamble. Luckily we came out a little under even. Most people don't since the slots are so tight. No wonder they are selling the place in a month. The restaurant above the casino was awesome! Food was great & plenty of options on the buffet. Most of the staff in the resort weren't very friendly (probably because they are getting ready to lose their jobs). A few were really friendly but most were not. Just don't like that they make sure there is not much to do but lose your money. Kind of odd that they put the two hotels so far from the casino & restaurant that you have to take a bus. Place was clean & food great. Would not return.

1  Thank CindyE37209
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Really like playing here the best. Large variety of table games and slots. Was sad to here about the closing two days after we were there. Wish the best to all the employees

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Country kitchen reminds me of food I ate in school... Edible but no flavor. Fried chicken came out and couldn't find a chicken breast in the whole batch. Took about 15 min to get a beer. We paid $20 each to eat food that we could have purchased from Walmart frozen section.

1  Thank Whets66
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

While in Memphis for a professional tennis tournament decided to try Harrahs Hotel in Tunica. Great value if you stay Monday - Thursday. During the summer, months fabulous pool facilities...golf...and sleet are available.