“Needs a Make-over”

Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 June 2011

We stayed here because the price was too good to pass up, but the rooms need new carpet. Our jacuzzi was nice and the bed was okay. the service in the hotel was not very good. The security was nowhere to be found. Anybody could come and go in the hotel elevators. Also, if you are wanting to win money, don't go to Tunica! The slots are tight.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank uniquegirl
There are newer reviews for Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel

Reviewed 15 April 2011

This was our first trip ever to Tunica. We picked the Roadhouse because it sounded like it have something other than just gambling.

The room was pretty much perfect. Everything worked perfectly and was very clean. The Jacuzzi was a little smaller than expected, but was a very nice to lie in after a long night of gambling. The rooms are very spacious and the bathroom was huge. The bathroom itself had dual vanities and a makeup station. One word of caution I would say about the room if that I would only stay in them with your partner. You can easily see someone showering since the shower door is glass and there is glass between the bathroom and living area.

The casino itself was the smallest of the different ones we were in. Since we were there during the week, I can't tell you if the nightlife on the weekends would liven up the place. While we were there they were upgrading a bunch of the slot machines and were moving the mechanical bull to make room for a dance floor. One end of the casino would have the bull and a band while the other end had your typical bar games of pool, darts, and a couple of beer pong tables.

This casino is in the same grouping with Horseshoe and Goldstrike. Roadhouse and Horseshoe even share the same parking garage. It was only a couple minute walk over there if you wanted to play somewhere else.

The check in process was quick and pleasant. All the hotel and casino staff was very delightful. I'm looking forward to staying here again.

The only complaint was there is no free Wi-Fi in the place. They charge you a $13 a day fee.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Bowtie65
Reviewed 5 April 2011

After reading other reviews we were a liitle concerned about our stay at the Roadhouse. We had nothing to worry about. We had two rooms and could not have been any happier. The rooms were comped for three nights, April 2nd thru April 5th. From the valet when we arrived, and thru check in, all the way til check out we could not been treated any better. The rooms were clean and if we needed something we asked and it was taken care of. We think it has the best location in Tunica. The last time in Tunica we stayed at the Veranda but no more. We have been to Vegas at least a dozen times and Atlantic City three times and have never seen the staff at a casino as friendly and nice as at the Roadhouse. We will stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank Diggerdon
Reviewed 1 April 2011

We booked our stay during a promotion buy 1 get 1 night. After I booked is when I read reviews and then sent email because I was concerned about the rooms. I was given the opprtunity to change to the horseshoe and I declinde hoping for the best. I really wish I had aken the lady up on the change.
I noticed that there was a charge for internet access and I honestly have NEVER had to pay for that at any place I have stayed, so I asked that it be comped for our stay, and was given that leasure.
When we arrived we went to the wrong entrance, and did notsee tha actual hotel entrance until we had walked thru the casino floor. We checked in and upon walking in our room there greeting us was 2 dirty styrofome cofee cups in the floor. I also noticed the coffee maker minus a pot to make the coffee in.. but a well stocked selection of coffe. HUMM so I am a celan person I checked out the coffee maker ( I had a bad experiance wiht one at another place in the past) and the top of the maker were the coffee went was filthy, I would not have used it if there were a coffee pot. I went to the bathroom and there was the nasty shower, the door is glass and it was caked with hand prints and water residue. I noticd long curly hair hanging from the side light fixture on the wall.. YUCK!
I decided after noticing the filth of the room to forgo the spa jacuzze for fear it was also dirty.
As we lay down for the night I looked up and saw what appeared to be months of dust on the over head curtian.. pure yuck.
The chairs had stains all over them particulary on the arms looked like dirty grease. an the floors were also old stained carpet..
NOW, I know why they had such a promotion to get people in this nasty place..
IF we tay at any of the Harrahs casino hotels in the future it will be with the Horseshoe.. I did not see the rooms but the hotel iself is so clean the floors were sparkling yo could see your reflections in them.
The Roadhouse was a dirty feeling with wood floors and nasty feeling guess it would be great for people that like the BAR fel.. I actually would haveexpected to see peanuts or saw dust on the floor.. again YUCK.
This was not a great visit.. I did enjoy the GOLD strike ver nice casino im surr the rooms are betterthere also. The buffett was very pricy at $15.99 each.. and this too is something I have nevr had to pay for at the OTHER Mississippi casino is food. We have always had comps.
We did win a little and came home with a small jackpot in our pocket.

Room Tip: Do not book at the ROADHOUSE unless you like a BA.
6  Thank Tinahorn
Reviewed 31 March 2011

No ladybugs this time! The room was rather worn/tired; however it was very very clean. I am really not that hard to please but I have attached some pictures of the shower. I know Harrahs can do better than this. I am a big supporter of their other properties. I have stayed at their properties in Bossier City, Tunica (other ones), Vegas, Tahoe, Reno...this is too much. I'm beginning to think that I just need to stay away from this one.

Customer service was awesome both at the check in and in the casino. The Big Kitchen buffet has improved in a BIGGGG way! They have an excellent seafood buffet as well as what I will call just a non-specialty buffet night.

I love their casino, especially the VP. I truly believe the Roadhouse has the best VP in Tunica.

The pictures I am attaching are by no means the fault of housekeeping. The Housekeeping staff needs a big raise for making crappy as servicable as possible!!!

I would only recommend this particular property after some serious room renovations.

• Stayed: March 2011
10  Thank TheBuick
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Very Nice and romantic rooms. Large Jacuzzi Tub in room. Refrigerator, safe, coffee, iron. Our only ? was the glass bathroom, not the height of privacy, but was clean and nice.
The Casino is the place to go if you want to gamble in a quiet place, low stakes. Next door at the horse shoe or gold strike are the livelier crowds. Best Buffet and restaurants are at the Gold Strike.

6  Thank chiett
Reviewed 18 March 2011

We stayed at the Roadhouse in Tunica on our honeymoon. I would not say that this is a gambling hotel. We weren't there to gamble, so it was ok, but if you go for that you'll be disappointed. The better casinos are in the neighboring hotels.

We checked in the late evening on a cold Sunday. We were greated by a security guard at the casino entrance who told us that we needed to walk around outside because the hotel entrance was on the other side of the casino floor. Above her head was a large lighted sign that said hotel check-in with an arrow pointing. It was frustrating because the security guard was rude and didn't want us to carry about bags through the casino. Ok fine, but the casino was pretty dead and most of the slots had been taken out.

We got to the check in desk, which isn't very well marked and not what you'd expect, and the lady at the desk, ignored us for about 3 minutes while she was on the computer, facebook or the like I'm sure, then she mumbled through the check in process, never welcomed us to the hotel, or even looked up from the computer for that matter. We specifically asked for a non-smoking room, and we were clearly sent to a smoking room. I've never been in a Non-smoking room with ash trays. The room was clean and didn't smell bad, so we stayed. The room was large and luxurious.

The room was awesome. That was the best part of our stay. The price was very cheap I thought, only about $75 for two nights. I would go back for that price, but the service is horrible. The nicest people are the casino guards. Except for the first lady we met!

6  Thank LadyThriller