“It was okay” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Albertville, Alabama
“It was okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

This stay was just okay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We ate at the Roadhouse Diner several times. Food was good, prices pretty good. They advertised breakfast all day, but they didn't open until 11:00 and they closed at 9:00. Not very convenient for the customer. We walked over to the Horseshoe Casino next door, and they had 4 different places to eat in the casino. Roadhouse's one diner was near the lobby. The hotel and casino need updating. The carpet in our hallway needed stretching. It was so loose, it formed bumps. The whole place was kind of inconvenient. Lots of wasted space in what passed for the lobby. It appears from inside that the casino and hotel were two separate buildings at some point, and when they put them together, they got this awkward hallway-type thing. The casino was okay. We enjoyed playing the machines. The room was clean. Maintenance responded to a plumbing issue very quickly. We didn't expect much because of the low room rates, so I guess we got what we paid for.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I can't say I have stayed at this hotel or have eaten here, but I have always been excited to gamble here. After 3 trips to Tunica the past couple of years, this property has always been the best for us to recoup our losses from the other casinos in the area. I play video poker, and I always find the games I like to play at this casino. On our two recent trips here this past July and before that spring break, I have always won enough to make our trip to the area worth while. Spring break this year I hit a Royal Flush, and this past July, I hit several four of a kinds. The drinks are free here if you are playing, and the service is outstanding. Take care of the waitresses, and they will always take care of you. Just entering the casino there is always a nice person smiling, opening the door for you, and welcoming you to this property. The only downside is the casino smells of smoke. But that's ok as I am a smoker anyway. If you want to go to a place that's friendly and doesn't beat you up at the slots, this is the place for you.

Goose Creek, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I was a little concerned after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor that perhaps I had made a mistake when I booked our room, but I was pleasantly surprised. I can't say a lot about the casino because this was my first time ever going to one; however, I had a wonderful experience at the hotel. We specifically asked for a non-smoking room. There was no odor as some reviewers had complained. In fact, the room had a slight smell of air freshener or cleaning products. The linens were crisp and felt as though they were freshly laundered. The jacuzzi tub is a little small for two people, but I didn't expect it to be much larger. Some users had complained about the lack of privacy because of the glass shower. It's true; however, I would think that someone who booked this type of room would not have the anticipation of privacy--it's not exactly family friendly. The toilet is private and that's really all that mattered. The staff at check-in/check-out were extremely friendly and helpful. I was really impressed with this room for the price. I have stayed in much less for much more. I will definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Angelyn T
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We spen one night here on the spur of the moment road trip. The hotel was clean but showing signs of its age. The staff was super friendly and always willing to help you. The room was large and bed was comfortable. There was some construction outside our room so it was kind of noisy early in the morning. We were there on a Tuesday night so it wasn't too crowed or crazy. The price per night was well worth the quality of the hotel. There was no pool but the hotel across the street had one you could use. That pool wasn't great because all of the rooms on that floor blew the hot air from the ac to the pool area. It was already 95 degrees so I didn't need he additional hot air. The hotel also didn't have laundry bags in the room. I was told they don't offer them anymore. It's not a big deal but I can't imagine they cost that much money. I would stay here again

1 Thank kidflemingo
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband and I had visited Tunica two other times but almost five years ago. We decided to get away to the south for a mini-vacation. I booked a room for two nights but we ended up checking out after only one evening. The room was filthy, the staff was rude, the restaurants were just too bad for words. I felt we were in the middle of a giant flop house. The entire area has reallly gone down. The casino was not hitting for me or my husband. I will never visit this area again!!!!!

2 Thank Qualitydr62
Zephyrhills, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

We have stayed at the Tunica Roadhouse when it was the Sheraton. We have also stayed at the Horseshoe. Came back to the Roadhouse because we like the spaciousness of the room and the hot tub! WE WERE VERY DISAPPOINTED! The room is not clean. The elevators stink.
We stayed FIVE nights. First night was okay. Second night we had less towels. The third night we had coffee but not sugar, creamers. We then went down to inform them of these issues. We also informed them that our room had not been vacuumed. We checked out after a five night stay and not once was our room vacuumed. Apathy is prevalent. Disappointed that there is no breakfast dining available. The dining room is open for lunch and dinner. The food is very mediocre. Never going back there.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Weird24
Long Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Clean large room with jacuzzi were the first things we noticed. The king bed was most comfortable. Blackout drapes were superior and the climate control excellent. As with most Casino Hotels, there is no free breakfast, but in-room coffee or tea is always ready for one to make for themselves. The staff was very helpful and friendly.
Negatives: The flatscreen tv was too dim to view and is preset that way so no one can change the brightness. Therefore, the tv is useless. They should just have a radio that tunes in tv channels instead of wasting their money on a screen that isn't viewable. This is why the rating is 1 star lower; could have been 5 stars.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple