“The Good, The Bad ,and The Ugly”

Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I traveled to this hotel to celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary. I am a member of their rewards program and did not have to pay the $125 per night advertised. Thank
GOD for the lower rate. It was not even worth that amount. We have stayed in this hotel in the past and it was nice. You can clearly see that it is on a downhill spiral. Our room was 221. While walking to our room , we could see big stains throughout the hallways carpeting. Once inside I was greeted by stained and burned carpet. furniture with marks, crumbs on the dresser, cereal and paper behind the table, and wallpaper that was about to fall. We were told that their Wi-Fi charge was 12.95 for each device we had. the number of free channels on the television was limited. The large bath area , shower, and room size was the only good in this trip. Worst anniversary trip ever. .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Petrocelli1991
There are newer reviews for Tunica Roadhouse Casino & Hotel

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We are locals who chose to stay at Roadhouse for our 6 year Anniversary. We had never stayed there before. I was worried bc other reviews said the jacuzzi was not that big. WRONG! I'm a plus size gal and my husband and I fit very comfortably in the jacuzzi. It was AWESOME. I went just for that jacuzzi and was not let down. The bathroom was really clean and very spacious. I mean so much bigger than any bathroom I've ever had at a Hotel. Bigger than Horseshoe's. The glass shower door and glass separating the bathroom from the bedroom was classy and undeniably romantic. Plus there were mirrors around the jacuzzi. Made the room seem even bigger. The water pressure was strong in the shower and the water came out scalding hot. I hate having to wait on water to get warm. The bed was more comfy than my bed at home! Lots of pillows was a huge plus too. The carpet in the hall had some stains but for the awesomeness of the room and the great price I gladly overlooked it. We had a fridge in the room which we packed with snacks and drinks which helped alleviate our meal costs.The casino was never packed which we preferred. Plus Horseshoe lets you use their pool and gym which was cool. They are a sister casino so you can use their amenities. HUGE PLUS! We stayed for $85 a night. You can't beat that esp when you have a jacuzzi in your room and access to the pool at Horseshoe. We REALLY LOVED OUR STAY! OH...go to Goldstrike for the breakfast buffet($10.99)-and so worth it! and Horseshoe for lunch buffet ($14.99). Dont pay for the dinner buffet($24.99!!!!)...huge rip off. Dinner has the same food? (The BBQ was great.) For dinner we would hit up Subway or Wendy's or Sonic and save SO much on dinner by not paying dinner buffet prices. There was a place called smokey joes bbq(i think?)that served XL pizza for $11. The guy was really nice. Pizza was surprisingly pretty good. They are just down the street. And check out the outlet shops. Good deals! :)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leigh F
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I went to Tunica for two days and was planning on staying at the Roadhouse. Since my rooms were comped, I thought I would try the Roadhouse. I usually stay at Horseshoe. The front desk attendants were quick and efficient. I asked for a room with a view, but they said none of their rooms have views. We were in room 120 (first floor). The bathroom is large and clean, the toilet facility is in a room by itself, and the shower is nice also. It was a nice glass bathroom, which you can see into from you bed. It's okay for couples, but I wouldn't want to be in this room with a girlfriend. She could see me shower from the bed - since it is all glass. The room was okay, but dark and dreary. No safe available. There was a hot tub in the room, which I probably would not have used. My husband wanted to use it for his sore back. I just didn't like the decor, smell of the room or location. It was old furniture, curtains looked old and when I opened the curtains, I was looking at employees walking by.

I went over to Horseshoe and asked if they had any rooms available. Only smoking was available, and since we don't smoke this could be a challenge. I tried out the room before I committed to the move, and it smelled better than the Roadhouse room.

I enjoyed my stay at Horseshoe and cannot recommend Roadhouse at all.

Room Tip: Maybe try a room on upper floors.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rovingreporter13
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I stay here whenever we come to Tunica. It's convenient, because there are three casinos located in the same area, and it's easy to walk from one to the other. I agree with what other people say--it's a little odd that it looks like that on the outside and the inside is completely different. The place does need to be revamped. The gift shop closes early, and they need an area that serves breakfast before 11:00. The parts I seriously don't like about the place are that the elevators smell horrible and the carpet in the hallways really is bad--stained and worn. But once you're in the room, it's different. Yes, it's outdated, but it is a really large room, the bathroom is a good size and the tub is wonderful! It got a little noisy at times--I don't understand why people bring their small children there since they're not allowed in the casinos.(There were times I wondered if the kids were even supervised in the rooms. Of course, not the fault of the hotel.) The staff checking us in and out were nice and friendly. We'd stay there again.

1  Thank Catherine D
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Arriving at the Tunica Roadhouse my expectations were mixed,reading the reviews of my tripadvisor family.My wife and I stayed on the third floor,facing the employee parking garage..The hallways and rooms need an immediate upgrade in carpet and drapes.However,the room could be extremely nice with a little refurbishing.We both loved the jacuzzi tub,large double sink and a large bathroom with shower included.I definitely would request staying here again,probably going to a higher floor.Harrah's will eventually work their magic on the Tunica Roadhouse,I have seen great improvements to their Harrahs Cherokee Casino and Hotel.

Room Tip: Request Floors Five or Six for best views.The rooms facing employee parking are very quiet.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The room was huge and very nice. My disappointment was that there was no bottle water available except at the casinos. I spend a lot of money in their casinos, would think that bottle water would be available in the rooms since the hotel is grand. The maid service was the best, they came up to the room and brought 2 bottles of water, that was nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2014

First of all you are greeted by a sign at the hotels's only restaurant that advertises breakfast all day. Nice except that during the week the restaurant doesn't open until 11 AM.
Maintenance and cleanliness are not high priorities for this hotel. The carpet in the halls is worn and lumpy. The ceiling in our room fell in due to a leak in the room above us. The dust on the lamps in the bathroom was thick.
The hotel in general doesn't know what it wants to be, the outside is English Tudor, the lobby and casino are Southern Roadhouse and the rooms are 1990's modern. Our room was very large and was considered modern when it was built, but now the decor is old and tired.
The casino is fairly small and not terribly busy, but that can be a good thing.

Room Tip: The rooms seem to be all the same. Ask for one in which everything works.
1  Thank ShakesMan