“Hollywood in Tunica?”

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Houston, TX
“Hollywood in Tunica?”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed one night at the hotel and found it very nice and clean. We got a great winter deal for a 3 star hotel. Casino is big and not so crowded. Decorations are very nice and service was great. I did win some money there so I am real happy. Will stay and play here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JTM6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The hotel itself is ok. Nothing to rave about except the decor they had on the first floor. Love the Titanic boat in the water and King Kong in the air. The staff to me was very friendly and the rooms looked its age but again for the price I paid I will not complain. If you go get one of those cards I was there for 3 days before anyone told me about it and I already spend money gambling.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TinadD_13
Big Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Took my Mom and Aunt down for a trip. The check in was easy and quick. The room was clean and comfortable. Everyone we encountered was friendly and fantastic. The buffet was very good and the deserts were to DIE FOR. They have really stepped up their game in the desert department. The Creme Brulee and the individual Key Lime Pies in the case were in the top 3 I have had. I Used the pool and it was nice- they didn't have any towels out- but down the corridor I found a member of the housekeeping staff and he called for towels and they were there quickly to refresh them.
This is a great place to go- my Mom loves this casino and now so do I.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
burleson,texas
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed for four delightful nights in October.

Our room was in the older tower. We found our room spotlessly clean and comfortable. The bed is amazing. The amenities were nice and even included real cream for our coffee.

Check in and out was fast. All employees we encountered were friendly and helpful.

We really like the buffet. Although the food selections are limited, the food is fresh and well prepared. Buffet comps are very easy to earn.

The casino is nice with a good selection of games. The casino is kept very clean. Slot attendants are quick to respond if needed.

Thanks to Hollywood for a lovely visit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nanaju
Sugar Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We go once a year to an Ole Miss football game and always stay in Tunica for a couple of days. This time we decided to stay at the Hollywood Casino and Hotel. The price of the room was excellent for Thursday, but the price goes up for the weekend and we understood that going in.
As I get older, I seem to get more critical, but here it goes..... The first thing was when we drove up to the entrance to the hotel, there was no valet or anyone to help with luggage and no luggage carts. I went to the front desk and there was a line of people waiting to check in. This usually does't bother me, unless I see multiple stations and only two clerks working. Once I got to the clerk, check in was a breeze-(15 minutes later)
The room. The room was small in size, The air conditioning did not work correctly and was difficult to set, There was no luggage rack to set the luggage on, The desk in the room was small and placed in a corner so that two people could not be seated at the same time. My biggest bugaboo is the lack of electrical outlets. With cell phones, Ipad , hot spots, etc I would think hotels would add outlets to accomodate these things. The bed was not comfortable.
The bathroom was big enough, but there was no shelving for the towels, so they had to be stacked on the back of the toilet. The tub/shower did not have a handle in it to hold on to when getting in and out of the shower and the temperature of the water varied.
Even though the room was designed for four people (Double beds) there were only 2 coffee cups provided. ( I will say that we asked one of the staff to give us a couple of extras and they did make sure that the room had them )
On the positive side, the room was clean and quiet and I felt that the room staff were very good.
One other thing , driving in to Tunica were Hollywood signs advertising a 99 cent breakfast buffet for Marquee card holders. When I signed up for a card, I was told that I couldn't get that deal until after a certain amount of time.---another small disappointment.
While I would not call our experience horrible, I will stay somehere else next time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Larry L
Conway, Arkansas, USA
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The hotel was nice - clean and comfortable. All we needed was provided so we had no contact with the hotel staff other than check in/out.
A prankster/vandal pulled the fire alarm around midnight our first night. It did seem to take a long time (est 1 hour +) to verify and clear the alarm status while the guests sat around or spent more time in the casino.
Apologies were offered over the public address system several times and when the all clear was allowed. No other apology was offered by anyone--management of staff for the inconvenience. Did they care?

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gary M
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I have no complaints, room was great, quiet, clean, and the bed was awesome, slept like a baby. Secure access to elevators and rooms, lots of parking, other casinos close by. Got $5.00 off coupon for buffet with card. Will be back on way back home. Very busy though, could use one more person at the desk.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends