“Just a Great Casino and Hotel”

Hollywood Casino Tunica Hotel
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
Memphis, TN
“Just a Great Casino and Hotel”
Reviewed 5 March 2009

Great rooms, friendly staff, and and excellent buffet. This was my first trip to Tunica. I went to a few other casinos, but none of them were as inviting as Hollywood.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
nashville, tn
Reviewed 4 March 2009

I recently stayed for two nights at the Hollywood Casino. Not only was the room an excellent value, it was comfortable, well-furnished and spacious. The hotel and casino staff were extremely pleasant and showed plenty of warm southern hospitality to us. There was a nice variety of casino games and we particularly enjoyed the Double-Deck Blackjack which is hard to find in most casinos. The cocktail waitresses visted the table games often and the dealers were helpful and funny. After visiting several other casinos in Tunica during our trip the Hollywood definitely stood out as cleaner, less smokey, and spacious. The indoor pool and jacuzzi were both free and there was even a slide into the pool! We ate both breakfast and dinner at the buffet and it was fresh and delicious; the breakfast bar even had an omelette station. There was also free wi-fi, a fridge in the room, and plenty of free parking. I would highly recommend this hotel for the first-time Tunica visitor or a seasoned gamlber looking for a new place to visit.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TNtraveler09
GUTHRIE, OKLAHOMA
Reviewed 22 January 2009

My husband and myself have been going to Tunica since 1996. The only casino we stay at now is the Hollywood. Reason is we are treated well, No we do not win everytime. We go every 6 weeks. 99 % of the employees are excellent. Any problems we have, we go directly to the supervisor or our host. We are both table and slot players. Why stay at another casino when everything we want is there. Yes, we have tried the others and do occasionaly go for awhile to check them out but always compare to hollywood. We live in Oklahoma which is a 8 hour drive but well worth it.

• Liked — fAIRBANKS AND THE GAMING TABLES. I HAVE MY FAVORITE SLOTS ALSO
  • Disliked — 1 BARTENDER OR BARBACK/ NEEDS TO TRY HARDER
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank oklahomajd
Southern Illinois
Reviewed 17 October 2008

Room was ready, clean and comfortable. Food at Fairbanks is sumptuous. Gene flambes a mean dessert. Great win/loss rate. Comps are really good and rewards cover a lot.

• Liked — very nicely decorated and great beds
  • Disliked — room far from elevator
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank sioux49
Slidell, LA
Reviewed 16 October 2008

We stayed at Hollywood Casino in Oct for a work Confrence that my husband had. The front desk was friendly when we checked in. We asked for a non-smoking king room, all they had was a handicapt non-smoking room. Well we get up to the room and it smelled so bad of smoke it made me sick, so my husband called the front desk to tell them and they gave us another handicapt room and that room to smelled of smoke but not as bad of a smell as the first one, I had to spray lysol all over everything to try and remove some of the smell. The fridge did not work, they had mold growing in the shower...it was so grose! We called the front desk to ask them to bring toliet paper because they had none when we checked in and it took them an hour to bring us some. The food on the dinner buffett looked like it had been sitting all day and tasted bad, the wait staff was slow and not friendly at all.We will stay across the street at Sams town if we even come back to Tunica.

2 Thank JuJuBeeSlidell_LA

Travellers are raving about these Tunica hotels

Nashville, TN
Reviewed 12 June 2008

I love going to Tunica and I go at LEAST once a month (more if I get the chance). I now always stay at Hollywood, due to the comps given to me through my play. The rooms are always nice and the last two times my wife and I been, we have slept in their new Temperapedic king size beds they have, and I feel like I am sleeping on a cloud and my wife loves it even better than I do!

As for the food, it is a mixed bag. The Fairbanks steak house is OUT OF THIS WORLD & EVERY selection is heavenly. If we can get him, we ALWAYS ask for Lo Pollard to be our server. He is very kind and gracious to us and always a pleasure to be served by him. The 50's style diner restaurant they have is cool too, never any bad food there as well...and I ADORE the atmosphere and the music. The buffet however is a different story. I have been a player's card member for almost 13 years now and I have never seen that many changes to the buffet. The Friday night seafood buffet is ok, but Horseshoe's beats it every single time. For breakfast, if we eat on property, we will go to the diner.

As for the gaming, I really enjoy the slots and video poker (have won money the last few times I have gone) and the comps for slot play are good. Just make sure you are playing the 25 cent and up reel slots....if you play video slots or video poker, you will not be comped as well. The table games are just ok, they do not let it ride, and they had flop poker then took it out! They have BJ, 3 card poker, craps, roulette, and that new riverboat game. One thing that I now HATE about tables at Hollywood is the floorperson can not write out any discretionary comps anymore. Everything is now figured on "star club comp dolllars" and "star club slot play".....you earn money based on play to use there on the property (restaurant, gift shop, etc) and you can also earn slot play based on your play...the days of cash back are long gone. If I am playing tables at Harrah's, Horseshoe, etc., I can ask for a comp after playing and get it every single time. Hollywood needs to go back to doing this. But on the plus side, I can get a room ANY day of the week, and on my next visit I will have $75 in slot play & I will have 4 $15 "free bet" coupons for any table game bet. Finally last year on my birthday, they sent me a $150 CASH voucher! Those are VERY VERY much appreciated. No other Tunica property matches that & that is why I keep coming back.

• Liked — the rooms & the movie theme
  • Disliked — the buffet
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CarribeanStudWinner
arkansas
Reviewed 20 May 2008

We called this hotel directly and reserved our room. When we arrived, the charged us twice the original price telling us there were no other hotel rooms available in the area. The room was terrible. The wallpaper was peeling, the carpet was stained, and the room was dirty. There was dirt around the air vents. The bathtub was dirty as was the shower curtain. The ice bucket had debris in the bottom and there was no plastic bag for the ice. The television screen was so dark that you could barely see the picture. The hair dryer didn't work. Light bulbs were burned out in the bathroom. The headboard had ink marks on it. It was just nasty.

When we complained the next morning, we were asked to talk to two different people, i.e.,. the manager at the desk and the floor manager for house keeping. Each told us that our complaints didn't fit into their department's responsiblity. Plus, we were repeatedly questioned about why we hadn't called as soon as we saw the room. This after we were told the night we arrived that the hotel was full as were all the hotels in the area.

This was our first time to stay at this hotel, and it will be our last.

• Liked — it was there at the casino
  • Disliked — it was nasty
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple