“Excellent Trip”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Clinton Township, Michigan
“Excellent Trip”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Excellent casino and hotel. Staff was friendliest. I've ever encountered. Room was clean, temperature in room easily controlled. Air line (Sun Country)was comfortable. Food choices were good and cost was reasonable..M Life Comps were easy to accumulate and use.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janice D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Enjoyed my stay. Customer service in the buffet could be better as long wait time in line and to be seated. The room was clean and comfortable bed. Towels are thin and worn. If you have kids, this casino hotel is not for you. Getting around the property with kids is inconvenient.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My sister and I went to the Gold Strike comped by MGM Grand, Detroit. This was our first and will be our last to this property. The slot machines were so terrible--I don't know if management can turn the machines off but I would swear they did. There was no point in playing slots at all! I must add to this review that every employee we had contact with was wonderful--we were treated so well. The Atrium Café was the only other bright spot--heavenly good food! Our room was OK--clean but older furnishings. I can't give this property a better review because we were in a casino and the gambling was so bad. Leaving with our tour group the comments were the same--terrible gambling! Loosen up the machines a little---please!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan_MZ9977KP
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I was compted for 2 free nights on my M life player account. Can't say too much that Is negative since I received free lodging, 50 play money and $15 off a buffet. The rooms were beautiful and clean. I have stayed at other casinos and prefer the Gold Strike over all the others. The only negative would be the tight slots. But I have never done well in Tunica.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hot Springs Village, AR
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Gold Strike is a great place to go for a little R and R. The hotel is very nice, clean and updated. Everyone working there is so nice, so courteous. The slots are loose enough to let you play and have fun. You might not take a lot home, but they do let you have fun. And if you get a players card you can get free nights stay, free food, free play money!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. And if you are celebrating a special occasion tell them. We were celebra...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Auntjam
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you want relax, have FUN with lots of action, GREAT food choices and the BEST buffet in Tunica. Fun Bars and Lounges with good entertainment. The most Friendly staff that go out of their way to make your stay the BEST.....it's FUNtastic! Friendly staff

Room Tip: Great, comfy, clean, beautiful rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I am a loyal MGM fan and have been staying at MGM in Las Vegas for years. I have found that MGM treats its guests as if each one was the most important visitor in the hotel. I had never heard of/or had not noticed the Gold Strike as an MGM property, but when the offer to visit came in the mail, we decided we could not pass it up. We loved the buffet and the variety of slot machine games. The lobby is beautiful. It is unlikely that we would return because the only other casino within walking distance was the Horseshoe. In Vegas finding another MGM owned casino/hotel is easy, and we do not gamble at non MGM properties. I would like to visit Beau Rivage if the opportunity arises.

Room Tip: may be time to upgrade
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family