Trethorne Hotel & Golf Club
Percy's Hotel(Virginstow)
Trecarne House(St Cleer)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
The Horn Of Plenty(Gulworthy)
View Hotel
All reviewsone nightpleasant staymain buildinggood sizebar mealspleasantly surprised whenplenty of hot waterovernight stopsingle bedbar areacouple of weekstravel lodgegreat weekendpuddingwalk in showerroom was largean evening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed one night here whilst visiting friends in Launceston. Our room was large and recently decorated with separate ensuite toilet and bathroom. The bed was huge and extremely comfy - had a fabulous night's sleep. Dinner in the restaurant was superb with a good range of choice and excellent value however the only slight downside was slow service. There was no hairdryer in the room (and it was a pain to have to walk outside to Reception to borrow one - would be worse if raining!) - so this could do with changing but otherwise we had a fab stay and I would recommend this hotel for individual, families and of course golf enthusiasts!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
JonGrainger, Owner at Trethorne Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. In relation to your comments about slow service, please accept our apologies. It is often difficult to gauge staffing levels during the winter / shoulder months and maybe in this case we were slightly understaffed in the kitchen. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed here last year as a present fom my wife and daughter.

First impressions were good, staff were friendly etc. I wanted to use the driving range but was disappointed to find the layout on the upper level as not being the best facility i had ever used.

I felt the course was in a very good condition and very challenging set in wonderful countryside. I would definately recommend you book a buggy. I had pre booked a buggy for the Friday evening twighlight and Saturday but could not book one for the Sunday.

I ended up playing two rounds on the Saturday due to the buggy situation and found the duty manager very helpful.

The quality of the food was good but found my room in need of major improvement and was to be honest shabby. I stayed in a single room overlooking the path to the main entrance. As a result of this i decided to travel back home on the Saturday after the golf as i did not fancy staying in that room again for another night.

I even filled out the comments form in the room prior to leaving. I would use the facilities again but would refrain from booking accomodation here.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your comments and we are pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. You stayed in our only single room on the premises, and whilst these rooms in the clubhouse are clean and functional, they are in need of updating. We have recently embarked upon a refurbishment programme in the lodges, with the clubhouse rooms due for upgrading in 2015.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stay here 3-4 times a year for an average of 4 nights each visit, I am always made to feel welcome and the staff are always attentive. Over the last ten years I have seen improvements across the Hotel and Golf course, recently some of the rooms have been upgraded and they are currently working their way through the others, a fantastic atmosphere, restful rooms and ideally located just near the A30. Should seriously be voted as best breakfast in Cornwall (and I've had a few). Recommend this Hotel for business travelers, Golfers and families, John, Chris and Fran will make you welcome whatever group you fall into

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Neil63Riffa_Bahrain
JonGrainger, Owner at Trethorne Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you so much for this lovely and positive review. We are indeed in the middle of refurbishing our lodges and we are really pleased how they are looking! We are very aware that we need to keep on top of our standards and this refurbishment plan will go a long way to ensuring guest satisfaction, we hope!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I am writing as a wife accompanying my husband on a business trip. The welcome was warm and professional, the reception area tidy and well decorated. The room was clean, comfortable spacious with a clean spacious bathroom. The Bar area was well decorated with WiFi. The dining room was tastefully decorated giving a warm welcoming atmosphere. The food was amazing, beautifully presented with a good range of choice, and the taste was incredible. The golf club members were welcoming which was a bonus for me.
The management were kind and supportive when we had a health issue so many thanks again to them all. Jan Johnson Leicester

Room Tip: As I was in the room more than my husband we chose a family room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
JonGrainger, Owner at Trethorne Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you so much for your generous and kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Having just organised my Daughters wedding, we chose the venue as it was very convenient, for Family and guests.We also liked the scenery and the civil wedding room. The service was faultless over the two days of setting up, and during the day nothing was too much trouble. The food was gorgeous, all served hot and delicious, the Vegetarian option was excellent. The whole day surpassed all expectations. The staff are attentive and so obliging. I would recommend this Hotel Golf club whole heartily.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
JonGrainger, Owner at Trethorne Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you so much for your very kind comments - we are all delighted that your daughter's wedding was an enjoyable occasion for everybody. Wedding Days can be busy occasions and we work very hard to make sure everything is just perfect!! We look forward to seeing you all again soon.