“will not go back ever!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Buccaneer State Park
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Waveland
Mobile, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“will not go back ever!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

we took our three young grandchildren there in JULY 2014 for 2 nights and 3 days. The bathhouses were black with mold. The kids in the park almost ran over my 2 yr. old granddaughter twice with their bikes, they were riding as fast as they could and no one was stopping them. The water park is to expensive. The only thing our 7 yr. old grandson could do was the wave pool. He was 1 inch to short to do the slides. He was very disappointed and me to. Warning if you have an out of state tag Waveland's 'finest' will try to make you leave all of your hard earned money in 'Waveland'.

Visited July 2014
5 Thank Jennifer F

Walker
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Summertime Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We camped for 3 nights at site #129 in the Treasure Cove section of Buccaneer State Park. We were very pleased because there were trees around us and my daughter had room for 2 hammocks. Although there were many campers, we still had privacy because of the bushes and trees. The bath house was nice and clean each night that we showered. This is a very nice place to camp!

Visited July 2014
4 Thank Janet S
Clermont, Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Yuck”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We would never stay there again. Our sight 142 had something overflowing on it. there fix was to dig a ditch and leave the dirt on the parking pad.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Pam6378
Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A must-see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I cannot believe I live on the Gulf Coast and waited until today to visit. This place is awesome. Clean restroom, good concession stands and the wave pool kept all my kids happy for hours. You can see the beach from the lounge chairs. Going back to check out the biking/hiking trails. Where else can you have all this and park your camper literally across the beach?

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Kerrie L
Central, Louisiana, United States
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great place to camp with family and friends.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have camped here June, October and February. The campground was always spotless. Grass was cut and well manicured. I like a campground that is quiet with out children, so I make sure I go during the week or in the winter when the children are back in school. But I do take my grandchildren so they can enjoy their time camping and going to the water park. Most of the restaurants are good in the surrounding towns, but why go out and eat when you are camping? As for the beach, it's just a short drive to any of the public beaches and public fishing piers along the Mississippi Gulf Coast. This is by far one of the best campgrounds in Mississippi.

Visited March 2014
4 Thank Virginia D

Been to Buccaneer State Park? Share your experiences!