“Needs much improvement”

Hillsboro, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Needs much improvement”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

The cleaning staff at this park should be fired! I just returned from a week long stay at the park and was very disappointed. The women's shower house is gross. There is a sheet hanging on the door that shows several cleanings per day, but the same ponytail holders, clumps of hair, and piles of sand that were present on my 1st day were there on my last. I saw a cleaning person go in for 3 minutes and when he left, the shower house smelled strongly of cleaning liquid, but nothing was clean. I'm almost positive he threw liquid cleaner on the floor and left. There was never soap at the sinks, and the outlets didn't work. The trash can at our campsite was overflowing several times. The park is not well lit at night. 3 times I tried to buy ice, and they were out. They charge campers for the small, shallow pool. And the beaches in Waveland are full of trash. Spend the extra time in the car and drive to Florida State Parks.

6 Thank maggief487

Metairie
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“It is great for starters!!!!!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We brought our kids for the first time here to show them how a water park would be and it was Awesome the bomb!!!!

It helped to show the small ones if they like waterskides and heights...

Then in the wave pool that they can handle hard waves and they loved being on the ground not so much the slides!!!!

Did not waste a lot of money very affordable to see what they enjoy will be back many times thanks!!!!

1 Thank Olivemae
Lake Wales, Florida
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Nice place to camp”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed Sunday night 7-20-14 in the gulf front part of the park. The park is clean and well maintained. The bathroom / showers were also nice. The staff were friendly and helpful. There is a RV dump station at the office.

If you stay in the water front part of the park be prepared for a hike to the bathrooms. There are no bathrooms or showers in that section of the park.

The beach was not very big and when we got there at low tide it was not very nice and trash was on the beach and in the water.

The water park is a separate charge and the pool inside the actual campground also has a separate charge of $5.00. The campsite was also expensive at almost $40.00.

I noted that several families were riding around in nice golf carts through the park. I did not see any atv or other type of off road vehicles.

If I was going to be in the area I would stay again, but I would not make a special trip to stay in Buccaneer State Park.

5 Thank CharlieGates
El Cerrito, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Wave Pool”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The wave pool is awesome and the slides are fun. Good price. This place is big, new, and very clean. The kids and adults had a blast.

Mobile, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“will not go back ever!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

we took our three young grandchildren there in JULY 2014 for 2 nights and 3 days. The bathhouses were black with mold. The kids in the park almost ran over my 2 yr. old granddaughter twice with their bikes, they were riding as fast as they could and no one was stopping them. The water park is to expensive. The only thing our 7 yr. old grandson could do was the wave pool. He was 1 inch to short to do the slides. He was very disappointed and me to. Warning if you have an out of state tag Waveland's 'finest' will try to make you leave all of your hard earned money in 'Waveland'.

5 Thank Jennifer F

Been to Buccaneer State Park? Share your experiences!