“Spa Day”

Hall Garth Golf And Country Club
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Spa Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

We have just had an amazing spa day at The Beauty Room Spa. I was looking for a day with my mum to de-stress and relax and we were over the moon. From the moment we arrived the staff were attentive, and keen to start our day we did just that. We changed into our comfy white robes and settled down by the pool. Throughout our day we had brilliant treatments, both of us had a back, neck & shoulder massage, i have had many massages over the years and i don't mind telling you this one was fantastic..... The facial was equally wonderful and my skin felt so fresh and invigorated. All in all having been to many spa's i was a little worried at one or two of the reviews that had been written about the hotel and spa, but let me state for the record now this has got to be the best spa day we have ever had, the therapists in the spa made our day for us, well done ladies we will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Golf And Country Club, responded to this review, 31 December 2011
Dear GemmaC
Thank you for your recent review following your Spa Day at the Hall Garth Hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed the treatments and that the staff looked after you. We look forward to seeing you again.
Pam Mooney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Richmond North Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

Another night spent at Hall Garth - the staff, room, service and breakfast was superb as last time. I had invited 5 friends to a Christmas Party Dinner and Live Band. They were all sadly
disappointed in the meal and I had been ill but had gone not to let my 5 guests down. The food I had always said was "super" at Hallgarth and this was "poor" There was another party night
in possibly everyone was "overstretched" that night.
I wanted to say thank you to the Leisure Club staff who went out of their way to welcome everyone to their Christmas Party especially Andy Matt Lauren and Sam - a great team
I also wanted to thank all the waiting staff - Jason and a big mention to Ben Sherman and Ali
always pleasant and helpful.
I have booked again at Hallgarth two further visits plus a pantomime and lunch for my grandchildren and I am now looking to book a two day spa for four in March/April - I also
use the Leisure Club and Golf facilities as a member of the club each week and look forward
to my next visit.
This Hotel gets my thumbs up!!!

Room Tip: I have stayed in the main hotel and a suite. All different all great. A very quiet hotel.
1 Thank Baby1949
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Golf And Country Club, responded to this review, 10 December 2011
Dear Baby1949
Many thanks for taking time to post your review. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues your party had with the food at the function, we did take on board the comments, which we later discussed at the team briefing and the following night Head Chef made a few changes to the Christmas party menu.
I am delighted that you enjoyed the party and its great to read the positive feedback about all the staff, this will certainly be passed on to them.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the future events you have mentioned.
west midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

I understand that there has been a recent change in management at this hotel so I imagine the high standards we found will continue and the slight shabbiness in some parts will be put right with a lick of paint. The hotel has great character and a relaxing,cosy feel with lots of areas to sit and enjoy a rest, subdued side lighting, fires etc. The staff were all brilliant, friendly, discretely attentive and efficient.The food was of a high standard and there was plenty of choice on the DD&B rate with quite small supplements on a few items. We chose to have a room in the main building and it was fine- not huge but with everything needed and a smart bathroom. A nice touch was the drink and chocolates in the room-part of the excellent value deal. i look forward to going back again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Golf And Country Club, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
Dear Elaine55h
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at Hall Garth Hotel and thank you for your complimentary comments regarding the staff, food and service.I will pass your comments on to the 'Team'
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in hopefully not the too distant future.
Happy Holidays
Shropshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

Only spent one night here but wish it had been a week!!!! Really cannot find anything negative to say. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food and service during evening meal and breakfast was excellent. The room, or I should say suite, was lovely. It was warm, clean, very tastefully decorated and the bed........ fantastic, a very comfortable queen size - lush x

Room Tip: The converted cottages across the car-park are brilliant
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Golf And Country Club, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Dear Tixielixi,
Shropshire.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for your nice comments about the staff, service and facilites. It is fantastic to receive positive feedback.
Shropshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

Have just arrived home after spending 1 night at the Hall Garth hotel. We were on a coach trip from Shropshire and were not expecting anything fantastic but were very happy with our experience.My friend and i stayed in the Oak room which was lovely, the best bed i have ever slept in. The room was very clean, the towels were fluffy, the evening meal very good and the breakfast was fabulous. The staff were polite and helpful, we couldnt have asked for anything more!!!! Hope to visit again soon!

Room Tip: ask for one of the converted out buildings
Dear Elaine W
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Hall Garth Darlington. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, I will pass on your kind comments to all the staff.
I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel when you are in the area.
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

We came to Darlington for a family wedding and found this hotel on the internet. We had a good stay the cost was very reasonable and the room was modern, fresh and clean. We only used the hotel to sleep and get ready for the wedding so didnt have any spare time to see the spa or grounds. Breakfast was served by a smiley girl who was great at topping up the hot water in the tea pot, the bacon was really good too. Could have stayed for longer.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Golf And Country Club, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Dear Abbeyh,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on our site. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us at Hall Garth Hotel. Your kind comments have been passed on to the Team. I do hope you will come and visit us again and have time to enjoy our leisure facilities.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Bought a spa day voucher here through Living Social. Paid £49 for it and I guess you get what you pay for. Upon arrival it was immediately apparent that the organisation was lacking. Our package included 3 x 30 minute treatments. However, not one of the treatments lasted the 30 minutes specified, in fact the facial only lasted around 17 minutes. It was clear that the Beauty Room was understaffed and, despite the best efforts of the two therapists, they could not keep on top of the bookings taken, resulting in the treatments being shortened. The lack of staffing was clearly illustrated by a pile of dirty towels which greeted you upon entry to the Beauty Room and remained there throughout the day.

The pool area of the spa only had four loungers available, despite there being a total of 6 people on the spa day. The pool was also used for a childs swimming lesson on the afternoon. The child was only a toddler and was clearly very distressed by his fear of the water. This resulted in the peace and serenity of the spa being seriously disrupted. It was also quite distressing to listen to him as he was extremely upset. Not the appropriate setting for a toddlers swimming lesson at all.

In the female toilets, the sanitary bins were overflowing, resulting in a swarm of flies around them.

On a more positive note, the staff were very pleasant, but ultimately, I will not be returning.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear CRH472,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we do take all comments whether good or bad very seriously. I started as General Manager last week at Hall Garth Hotel, from your review I believe you visited the Spa in October. although just posted the review. I can assure you that your comments will be discussed with the relevant departments and remedial action will be taken. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your confidence with us in the future.
New General Manager 21/11/2011
Rockliffe Hall
#1 of 1 in Hurworth-on-Tees
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,362 reviews
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa

Been to Hall Garth Golf And Country Club? Share your experiences!