“ Nice little family birthday treat”

Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I visited here recently for my nanas 80th birthday treat and it was certainly a great choice. Hotel itself was very cosy and vintage. Complete with a pool, gym, spa and sauna, this is a great place for a celebration or simply a weekend of relaxation. Foos was beautiful and the staff certainly seemed to go out of their way to assist with any issues or requests we had.
A small negative was the shower, whilst not too bad, it wasn't the hottest but this may just be due to the busy times we used it.
All in all, a great hotel, one is certainly reccommend.

Stayed: February 2014
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Lee
Many thanks for posting your recent review on our site.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay to celebrate your Nana's special birthday.
Many thanks for your kind comments I will pass them on to the team.
I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

There are newer reviews for Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed here one night after a day in the spa on a girls weekend. All the staff were friendly and the service was fantastic! They gave the impression they really enjoyed you being there and was consistent whether we were in the spa, the hotel or the on site pub. Prices throughout were really reasonable. We stayed in a suite which had loads of old world charm as well as some modern touches and very well equipped. Lovely atmosphere in the hotel and the suite. Well done Hallgarth! It's not often I feel I can tick all the boxes.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Su T
Many thanks for posting your wonderful review. It is very rewarding for staff to receive your positive feedback, I will certainly share this with them.
We do strive hard to offer a friendly, professional service at an affordable price. I am delighted you enjoyed your Spa Break with us and I do hope we are able to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed there whilst on a business trip and booked this hotel via Late Rooms. Lovely setting, so near the A1 and Darlington yet you would think that it was in the middle of the country.
Was booked into room 49 which was one of the "Executive Rooms" apparently. Room was modern looking, clean and well appointed with a very comfortable king sized bed.
Decided to use the leisure facilities and went for a swim in the 12 metre pool which was clean and at a nice temperature. Also sampled the sauna and steam room which again were well presented and clean. The gym was pretty full and seemed to have a good selection of excercise machines plus equipment for weight training. Decided against having a full meal in the restaurant in the evening so decided to have a bar snack. The "pub" attached to the hotel was closed for refurbishment so one of the function rooms had been opened up as a bar area and although quiet was fine for a quiet drink and a bar snack. The food was good but at the top end pricewise charging £12.00 for fish and chips or a curry.
Breakfast in the morning was serve yourself cereals, fruit juice and pastries with at the table service for cooked food. Breakfast was a £10.00 supplement over the room rate and like the evening meal, although of reasonable quality, was rather expensive for what it was.
All in all, I would recommend staying there again but I would maybe do it on a room only basis if I wasn't on business.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Simon T
Many thanks for posting your feedback on our site.
I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay whilst on business, we are located very close to A1(M)
We also offer seasonal packages on our website which are good value for money, these are generally available during weekends and include Dinner and breakfast.
I will pass your comments on to the team.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here recently and it was wonderful. The staff were so helpful and polite, and the hotel which dates back centuries was wonderful. The charm of the old building with the mixture of the new works so well.
The menu was excellent as was the cellar.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: book room number 1
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Dovenann 3

Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased you found the staff to be helpful and polite, it is great to receive positive reviews, I will share your comments with the team.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Had a great time at the hotel. Staff were very friendly and attentive. Used the gym and the spa facilities which were of a high standard. The food was excellent as we had pre booked the evening meals. The only downside was we had to wait 30 mins after receiving our coffee and toast before the breakfast arrived, pointed this out to staff who said a mix up had occurred in kitchen.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Cockney 55
Many thanks for your recent feedback. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us to celebrate your Anniversary. Yours comments regarding the staff, the spa and leisure facilities and quality of our food are very pleasing to read.
I note your comment regarding the service of breakfast I please this was sorted for you.
I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We found an offer for a bargain break of dinner, bed and breakfast for two, plus a bottle of fizzy wine and chocolates for £119 per couple, so we booked it for ourselves and two other couples for our annual Christmas get-together on 14th/15th December. It was superb! Despite having at least two Christmas to cater for at the same time that we were there, we had very good food, excellent service and very comfortable accommodation and would unhesitatingly go back . The ladies richly enjoyed their time in the Spa ( also part of the deal) and the gents found the bar and pool table very much to their taste. If the same deal is on next year, I doubt if we will look any further

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main hotel building are more modern but walking across the car park in the cold...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lindsay W

Dear Lindsay W
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We do take all guest feedback very seriously and discuss with the team during regular meetings.
I am delighted you enjoyed our seasonal offer for your bargain weekend break. I will pass your positive comments on to the team regarding your food and service.
I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming to again.

Hotel General Manager.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Booked for the New Years Eve Package. Well worth the money. The staff were very friendly, reception well organised. Our room was rather small but clean and quiet considering we were next to the main door at the top of the stairs. Enjoyed the welcome drinks and being showed to our table. The meal was lovely and the evening entertainment was just right. Would definitely recommend anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: Try to get one in the main hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Lesley W
Thank you for posting your feedback on our site following your recent stay with us for our New Years Package.
It is very pleasing to read your comments, I am delighted you received a warm welcome, the rooms do vary in size dependent on the location, larger rooms are available on request.
The welcome drinks worked well with entertainment and the evening was enjoyed by all. I am also pleased you felt the package was good value for money.
We look forward to welcoming you again

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coatham Mundeville
Mercure Darlington Kings Hotel
Rockliffe Hall
Rockliffe Hall
#1 of 1 in Hurworth-on-Tees

Been to Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!