“Excellent hotel in beautiful little hamlet” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hall Garth Golf And Country Club

and 1 more site!
Hall Garth Golf And Country Club
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel in beautiful little hamlet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

We spent a Pre- Valentines week end at this beautiful warm stylish hotel.
The food was wonderful excellent produce like many North East hotels cost was very reasonable our meals were done to perfection but could not eat the whole meal ,far too much.
I enjoy 3 lamb cutlets delicious vegetables done to perfection.
My fella had medium rare Steak ....he ate the lot with a delicious peppercorn sauce .
Breakfast was a full menu plus all the fruit juices fresh fruits cereals yogurts breads cakes etc. I choose Whitby Kippers , Dave choose poached eggs Day 2 boiled eggs and full English for Dave.

We spent a couple of days exploring Durham going to Catherdal for a early Morning Service etc visited Seaham and Easington calling at Middlesbourough on way home .
All fabulous we always are very positive about every trip we take this was really good.

We had a very comfortable room .Very clean and beautiful views to the back fields,although weather was crisp and cool we were like toast a bit too warm so we turned heating off as we got into bed,

We travel a lot to North East so will go again on our travels.
The staff were very friendly,helpful and cheerful.

All in a very romantic place but it helps when the person you are with is like yourselves looking for the good in life.....
Maria

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Golf And Country Club, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Hapiore
Thank you for posting your recent review following your stay.
I am delighted to read your positive comments, I will pass them all on to the team.
We do take all guest feedback very seriously as this is the only way we can strive to improve the service and facilities we offer our guests.
I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Hotel General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

First time stay at Hall Garth Hotel booked in for dinner bed and breakfast and booked a treatment at the spa all for a very reasonable price. The hotel itself was quite nice and the staff were exceptionally friendly and professional. A couple of things that let it down for me was firstly the spa, my treatment was fine and the girls working there lovely but the pool and hot tub was incredibly busy and there were a number of children which i wasn't expecting and certainly did not find to be a relaxing experience! Secondly the room, very clean and well presented but the bed was quite small and very uncomfortable which lead to a very poor nights sleep. The dining room was very lovely and the food was good, although we had a few problems with our main course, however these were dealt with professionally. Overall i'd have to say this was not the relaxing weekend i had imagined it would be and i would go elsewhere next time i am looking for a pamper filled weekend.

Room Tip: Room upgrades appear to be quite reasonable i would recommend getting a larger room as the standard...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Golf And Country Club, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Angiebeno,
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.
I am pleased overall you enjoyed your experience, including friendly and professional staff, good food and spa treatments, although I note a few areas failed to meet your expectations.
I will review these points with the team.
We are currently refurbishing many areas within the hotel following a recent change of ownership.
Due to the size of the pool area, dependent on usage at any one time this can become busy at peak times.
I note your comments regarding your bedroom, we do offer various sizes of beds and bedrooms dependent on location in the hotel. Should you choose to visit us again please mention at reservation stage that you would prefer a larger bed and room.
I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you again in the future.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I visited here recently for my nanas 80th birthday treat and it was certainly a great choice. Hotel itself was very cosy and vintage. Complete with a pool, gym, spa and sauna, this is a great place for a celebration or simply a weekend of relaxation. Foos was beautiful and the staff certainly seemed to go out of their way to assist with any issues or requests we had.
A small negative was the shower, whilst not too bad, it wasn't the hottest but this may just be due to the busy times we used it.
All in all, a great hotel, one is certainly reccommend.

Stayed February 2014
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Golf And Country Club, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Lee
Many thanks for posting your recent review on our site.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay to celebrate your Nana's special birthday.
Many thanks for your kind comments I will pass them on to the team.
I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Chester-le-Street, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed here one night after a day in the spa on a girls weekend. All the staff were friendly and the service was fantastic! They gave the impression they really enjoyed you being there and was consistent whether we were in the spa, the hotel or the on site pub. Prices throughout were really reasonable. We stayed in a suite which had loads of old world charm as well as some modern touches and very well equipped. Lovely atmosphere in the hotel and the suite. Well done Hallgarth! It's not often I feel I can tick all the boxes.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Golf And Country Club, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Su T
Many thanks for posting your wonderful review. It is very rewarding for staff to receive your positive feedback, I will certainly share this with them.
We do strive hard to offer a friendly, professional service at an affordable price. I am delighted you enjoyed your Spa Break with us and I do hope we are able to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Sleaford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed there whilst on a business trip and booked this hotel via Late Rooms. Lovely setting, so near the A1 and Darlington yet you would think that it was in the middle of the country.
Was booked into room 49 which was one of the "Executive Rooms" apparently. Room was modern looking, clean and well appointed with a very comfortable king sized bed.
Decided to use the leisure facilities and went for a swim in the 12 metre pool which was clean and at a nice temperature. Also sampled the sauna and steam room which again were well presented and clean. The gym was pretty full and seemed to have a good selection of excercise machines plus equipment for weight training. Decided against having a full meal in the restaurant in the evening so decided to have a bar snack. The "pub" attached to the hotel was closed for refurbishment so one of the function rooms had been opened up as a bar area and although quiet was fine for a quiet drink and a bar snack. The food was good but at the top end pricewise charging £12.00 for fish and chips or a curry.
Breakfast in the morning was serve yourself cereals, fruit juice and pastries with at the table service for cooked food. Breakfast was a £10.00 supplement over the room rate and like the evening meal, although of reasonable quality, was rather expensive for what it was.
All in all, I would recommend staying there again but I would maybe do it on a room only basis if I wasn't on business.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Golf And Country Club, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Simon T
Many thanks for posting your feedback on our site.
I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay whilst on business, we are located very close to A1(M)
We also offer seasonal packages on our website which are good value for money, these are generally available during weekends and include Dinner and breakfast.
I will pass your comments on to the team.

Romsey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here recently and it was wonderful. The staff were so helpful and polite, and the hotel which dates back centuries was wonderful. The charm of the old building with the mixture of the new works so well.
The menu was excellent as was the cellar.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: book room number 1
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Golf And Country Club, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Dovenann 3

Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased you found the staff to be helpful and polite, it is great to receive positive reviews, I will share your comments with the team.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Had a great time at the hotel. Staff were very friendly and attentive. Used the gym and the spa facilities which were of a high standard. The food was excellent as we had pre booked the evening meals. The only downside was we had to wait 30 mins after receiving our coffee and toast before the breakfast arrived, pointed this out to staff who said a mix up had occurred in kitchen.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Cockney 55
Many thanks for your recent feedback. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us to celebrate your Anniversary. Yours comments regarding the staff, the spa and leisure facilities and quality of our food are very pleasing to read.
I note your comment regarding the service of breakfast I please this was sorted for you.
I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coatham Mundeville
Rockliffe Hall
Rockliffe Hall
#1 of 1 in Hurworth-on-Tees
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,306 reviews

Been to Hall Garth Golf And Country Club? Share your experiences!