“Wonderful charming hotel”

Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my husband's birthday we travel to a lot of hotels and this one is a little gem, I booked the bridal suite with a bottle of fizz and chocolates in room on arrival, it was beautiful the old charm of the hotel the staff and the food was outstanding. My self and my husband both said we would return and we have just booked to stay on 28th Feb we can't wait hope we enjoy as much as our first stay so romantic. Dawn conroy

• Stayed: November 2013
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Dawn C
Many thanks for posting your review.
I am delighted to read the feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back again on 28th.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed on Feb 18 & 19 and enjoyed the 4-poster break, with use of the Spa and evening meal. The hotel was amazing, very clean and tidy, staff were excellent = (helpful without being in your face). The Spa was great too, massages were brilliant.
We would recommend this as an excellent venue and great value!

Room Tip: Suite was brilliant

Dear Lee K
Many thanks for sharing your positive feedback with us. It is very pleasing for the staff to receive nice comments when guest have enjoyed their experience with us. We do try hard to offer a friendly and professional service at an affordable price.
I am delighted you enjoyed your 4 poster break, including massages in the spa and dinner in the restaurant.
I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Hotel was lovely and clean. Staff were so friendly nothing was a bother. We had dinner bed and breakfast, the food was excellent. Would recommend a stay here. Only criticism the pillows were a bit hard!

Room Tip: We didn't realise you could upgrade for a small amount the room we had was lovely but had we kno...

Dear Juliet C
Many thanks for taking the time to post your wonderful feedback, we do take all reviews very seriously.
I am delighted you enjoyed your experience with us and that the staff were friendly.
I have noted your comment regarding the pillows, we have recently added some new stock to the rooms I will discuss this with our Housekeeper.
I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a wonderful overnight stay. Hubby had booked the granary suite and valentines meal as a surprise.
Had a relaxing afternoon making use of the steam room swimming pool and jacuzzi.
Valentines dinner included a rose and box of chocolates. The food was lovely and the dessert to share yummy.
Breakfast was included and again fantastic.
The staff are very friendly and attentive.
Would defo return

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Melissa P
Many thanks for posting your review, I am delighted you enjoyed your break away to celebrate Valentines Night, it is pleasing to read all your positive comments I will certainly share them with the Team.
We look forward to welcoming you on your return visit.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Visited Hall Garth for one night to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. Hotel is pretty tired and very drafty and cold on a winters day.the staff are very friendly and the food is good. Leisure centre exceptional and bar worth a visit. Found that our shower did not work and had to use an adjoining room. No one at reception asked if we had had a good visit or apologised for our inconvenience re shower. thank goodness this was not our only Ruby wedding celebration.

Room Tip: Wrap up well in winter-inside
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Magpie051

Dear Magpie 051
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent response.
Following a change of ownership in September 2013, I am delighted the new owners are investing capital into our refurbishment programme. Phase one is currently in process which includes new carpets and redecoration in public areas, total refurbishment of The Stables and new installation of a kitchen in the Pub, this will allow us to offer a full menu in the Stables from March 20th 2014. Many others plans are in place, included resurface of the Car Park when the weather permits.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you experienced with your room shower I am sorry you were not offered an apology from reception, this is usually forthcoming. I am pleased, however, to read that the majority of the staff were helpful and friendly.
I do hope you will feel able to return to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We spent a Pre- Valentines week end at this beautiful warm stylish hotel.
The food was wonderful excellent produce like many North East hotels cost was very reasonable our meals were done to perfection but could not eat the whole meal ,far too much.
I enjoy 3 lamb cutlets delicious vegetables done to perfection.
My fella had medium rare Steak ....he ate the lot with a delicious peppercorn sauce .
Breakfast was a full menu plus all the fruit juices fresh fruits cereals yogurts breads cakes etc. I choose Whitby Kippers , Dave choose poached eggs Day 2 boiled eggs and full English for Dave.

We spent a couple of days exploring Durham going to Catherdal for a early Morning Service etc visited Seaham and Easington calling at Middlesbourough on way home .
All fabulous we always are very positive about every trip we take this was really good.

We had a very comfortable room .Very clean and beautiful views to the back fields,although weather was crisp and cool we were like toast a bit too warm so we turned heating off as we got into bed,

We travel a lot to North East so will go again on our travels.
The staff were very friendly,helpful and cheerful.

All in a very romantic place but it helps when the person you are with is like yourselves looking for the good in life.....
Maria

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Hapiore
Thank you for posting your recent review following your stay.
I am delighted to read your positive comments, I will pass them all on to the team.
We do take all guest feedback very seriously as this is the only way we can strive to improve the service and facilities we offer our guests.
I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

First time stay at Hall Garth Hotel booked in for dinner bed and breakfast and booked a treatment at the spa all for a very reasonable price. The hotel itself was quite nice and the staff were exceptionally friendly and professional. A couple of things that let it down for me was firstly the spa, my treatment was fine and the girls working there lovely but the pool and hot tub was incredibly busy and there were a number of children which i wasn't expecting and certainly did not find to be a relaxing experience! Secondly the room, very clean and well presented but the bed was quite small and very uncomfortable which lead to a very poor nights sleep. The dining room was very lovely and the food was good, although we had a few problems with our main course, however these were dealt with professionally. Overall i'd have to say this was not the relaxing weekend i had imagined it would be and i would go elsewhere next time i am looking for a pamper filled weekend.

Room Tip: Room upgrades appear to be quite reasonable i would recommend getting a larger room as the standard...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Angiebeno,
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.
I am pleased overall you enjoyed your experience, including friendly and professional staff, good food and spa treatments, although I note a few areas failed to meet your expectations.
I will review these points with the team.
We are currently refurbishing many areas within the hotel following a recent change of ownership.
Due to the size of the pool area, dependent on usage at any one time this can become busy at peak times.
I note your comments regarding your bedroom, we do offer various sizes of beds and bedrooms dependent on location in the hotel. Should you choose to visit us again please mention at reservation stage that you would prefer a larger bed and room.
I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coatham Mundeville
Hardwick Hall Hotel
Hardwick Hall Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sedgefield
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa

Been to Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!