“Surprisingly good !”

Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club
West Yorkshire
“Surprisingly good !”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed at the Hall Garth recently as part of a group - staff were great, very friendly and helpful. My room was a double and I think if I had been sharing, it would have been too small, but fine just for me. Bed was very comfortable and room/bathroom very clean. There was plenty of choice for breakfast, either cold or hot and it was good that the cooked breakfast was made to order rather than buffet style. However the coffee was not great ! - both mornings. We had a set meal both evenings and chose from 4 different starters mains and desserts. The food couldn't be faulted - everything was spot on. There is a lovely outside seating area at the back of the hotel which we took full advantage of as the weather was very warm and sunny. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and will stay again if in the area, when hopefully I will have time to try the spa.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Simon and June
Thank you for posting your recent review.
It is pleasing to read your feedback. We do have various room sizes in the hotel and should you stay with us again please mention with reservations if you prefer a larger bedroom.
We have recently invested in new patio furniture on the front patio which has been enjoyed by many guests in the recent sunny weather.
I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you again.

Hotel General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Just back from our stay at this wonderful hotel. Amazing views, friendly helpful staff, lovely food, very clean well equipped spacious room, superb massage, pool/steam room/sauna refreshing. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Sim0nandjulie
Dear Simon & Julie
Many thanks for posting your lovely feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to the next time.

Yorkshire
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed last weekend for a friends wedding. Lovely, quiet room. The wedding was very well run and the staff were wonderful - couldn't be more helpful. Loved the dancing barman!! Only niggle ( for my husband) was the lack of bitter. John Smith smooth and Guiness were the only options - really disappointing. Breakfast was lovely and the staff were really efficient. Lovely stay and a good nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank lindutton1
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Lindutton
Thank you for posting your recent review after attending a wedding at Hall Garth Hotel.
I have enjoyed reading your feedback and am pleased the staff looked after you. I am interested to read we have a Dancing barman in our team?
I note your comment regarding limited beer on the function bar. We do offer a greater selection in the Stables pub with 3 hand pulls and 3 draught beers. Due to the occupancy of the function rooms and function bars, it is more difficult to offer a wider range of beers.
I am pleased you enjoyed your accommodation and breakfast.

Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Having just returned from our sons wedding at this venue I should like to say what a fantastic time we had.
The hotel staff were all superb nothing was too much trouble , the room was spotless very well appointed .
The wedding reception room was beautifully presented and the service was second to none .all the bar staff where very well trained and although very busy served their customers very efficiently.
We used the spa facilities and found them to be excellent.
We would highly recommend this venue.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ian I
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted to read your wonderful feedback and to know your Son's Wedding was so enjoyable.
Many thanks for your kind comments regarding the staff and the service, we do strive hard to offer a friendly a professional approach. I am also pleased you enjoyed the room and spa facilities.
i hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again when you are next in the area.

Hotel General Manager.
Morcott, England
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last weekend for a friends wedding.
Before arrival I called to confirm booking details and found they were wrong and hadn't been amended as requested a month before.
Ordered the weekend stay deal where prosecco and chocolates were presented in the room on arrival. Prosecco was good but chocolates were pricey for what you got....only 4!
We didn't have dinner as the wedding overran.
Room was well furnished for its size and to a good standard.
Breakfast the following day was good and a wide selection of non-cooked platter was welcome.
Overall a pricey experience for average hotel stayers. You will want to make full use of the golf course, spa and pool before committing to stay, unlike us, to justify the price

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Squidadidaledee
Thank you for posting your recent feedback. I am a little confused as to which package you have booked on. You mention staying for a friends wedding, we offer discounted rates for wedding guests. However, I believe from your reveiw that you have taken advantage of our Seasonal offer which includes complimentary Prosecco and chocolates, this also includes Bed and full English breakfast for a total of £85 (2 persons) or dinner can be included for a total of £125. I am somewhat surprised that you felt this to be a pricey experience as we do receive a great deal of feedback telling us this is very good value for money for a hotel of this quality.
I am pleased you enjoyed your experience and do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had a good clean, though not large, room and bathroom facilities. Comfortable bed. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Some of the staff seemed inexperienced, but they were willing to help and tried hard (e.g. we had to tell a barman how to mix a whisky and ginger, which he'd never heard of, and he seemed pleased to have learned something new!) Food in the Stables Bar a bit plastic and mass-produced (chicken "Parmesan" came with a very un-Italian bright yellow melted cheese coating and the chips were soft and greasy). We tried the main restaurant the next night - food much more appetising, though priced accordingly. Pleasant Lounge area where you can get afternoon tea or light snacks, and also "Breakfast Items" such as bacon baps, croissants etc with coffee. This is a good deal if you don't want a big breakfast from the wide selection on offer in the dining room, although the staff seemed unaware of this option, and tried to charge us for restaurant breakfasts - but it was amicably and competently sorted out by the Receptionist when we checked-out. Surprisingly large swimming pool for a hotel, with good changing facilities, also golf, gym and spa facilities, which we didn't try.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Scotadvisor
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. I am delighted overall you enjoyed your experience whilst staying at the hotel.
I note your comment regarding the Chicken Parmesan you ordered in the Stables. This dish is a local signature dish, well known in this area, please accept my apologies if it was not as you expected.
Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff, we do have a few new staff members I will pass your feedback on to the team.
I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again when you are visiting the area.

Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The entry is good,the staff are awesome(must have been trained by an Hungarian) and the setting ,apart from the trains, is great. The food, and the Stables restaurant in particular,is to be commended.

Alas but the room lets it down.

The bed is too small for two, the walls are exceptionally thin and the pillows are too low(one pillow) or too high(two).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jaketjeff1883
GMHallGarth17121972, General Manager at Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Jake tjeff1883
Many thanks for taking the time to post your recent review.
I am delighted you enjoyed the location, food and the Stables Bar. Our bedrooms do vary in size depending on location. May I suggest on a future visit you request a room in the main hotel these tend to be larger and quieter. I am sorry the pillows weren't to your liking, we do have a selection of various pillows available.
I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coatham Mundeville
Rockliffe Hall
#1 of 1 in Hurworth-on-Tees
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,407 reviews
Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa

Been to Hall Garth Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!