“Not good at all”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Ristorante Pizzeria Italiano
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Been 3 times. First visit was good however, on second visit the chicken risotto was so oily I could not eat it and we did complain. Second time the orders were mixed up and instead of getting spaghetti carbonara which never arrived I had a seafood dish with tagglietelle which was left over after everyone else had their order. The meal was dry. I will not be returning.
2 visits were with friends and one was with family.
I have since talked to friends and many of them had complaints about the food and the over expensive drinks.

7  Thank Chrysalis2014

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I dont write reviews, however after reading several poor comments here i felt i must comment.
I have been to this italian several times and i completely disagree with the other comments. Both a lunch time and dinner time are always lovely. The pizza base is not too thick and soft enough to eat- not burnt etc.
Portion size is good too! i personally always have to leave something.
The service has always been very good, staff will chat and talk and always make us feel very welcome and food has arived in a timely manner.
At my last visit, i was treated to one of their cheesecakes. It was gorgeous! The ice cream was perhaps not the best, but the presentation of the dessert and the cheesecake itself certainly made up for that.
As for price, the lunch/early bird special is excellent value however on the normal menu, i dont feel it to be over priced at all.
I love to support this local business and enjoy going to the quaint resteraunt. If others dont, maybe they should still to chain resteraunts instead.

1  Thank huxley123
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family and I attended in celebration of my sons birthday.
Service was excellent, staff very friendly and approachable. We ordered from the £4.95 menu and we were exceptionally pleased with what we received. Two guests had carbonara and the sauce was beautiful!
We will be going back again very soon. Excellent value for money.

1  Thank GemShepherd
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Although the food is cheap it should be edible! After our first course of soup we both chose Lasagne. We waited.........and waited..........and were about to pay for the soup when the said lasagne eventually arrived. Mine was fine but hubby's was burnt and literally stuck to the dish, it was an immovable object. We ordered our dessert - coffee immediately ate what we could and left never to return!

7  Thank bubblesCoDurham
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Have eaten here lots of times over the years but my last experience will definitely be my last! Food portions tiny. Lunch time deals are good value but food itself is of terrible quality. Better of getting an Italian ready meal from the supermarket. You have been warned

6  Thank AJFOST