“This is a fantastic restaurant.”
Review of Cafe Limone - CLOSED

Cafe Limone
Price range: US$6 - US$70
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ristorante Pizzeria Italiano
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Just had one of many meals at this venue. The new owners are exceptional. Service is fantastic and the food is excellent.

3  Thank Paul R

Reviewed 26 July 2014

After eating here regularly and being poorly we thought let's give it another go.

Here it is.
Minute portions.
Under cooked again.
Miserable staff.
Tried constantly to sell us expensive wine.
Not as it used to be.
Our decision is not to use it again and bypass it like the Red Lion Pub.

7  Thank johnnwatson
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have been 5-6 times and it was always great value.

This time it was very poor. Just as well I wasn`t starving.
Discovered it has been taken over recently. They`ve got it badly wrong; changed the offers
and slashed the portions. Tasted nice enough, but don`t forget to take a sandwich. You`ll need it for later.

On the plus side, the service was good.

5  Thank Maryd0ll1957
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Been 3 times. First visit was good however, on second visit the chicken risotto was so oily I could not eat it and we did complain. Second time the orders were mixed up and instead of getting spaghetti carbonara which never arrived I had a seafood dish with tagglietelle which was left over after everyone else had their order. The meal was dry. I will not be returning.
2 visits were with friends and one was with family.
I have since talked to friends and many of them had complaints about the food and the over expensive drinks.

7  Thank Chrysalis2014
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I dont write reviews, however after reading several poor comments here i felt i must comment.
I have been to this italian several times and i completely disagree with the other comments. Both a lunch time and dinner time are always lovely. The pizza base is not too thick and soft enough to eat- not burnt etc.
Portion size is good too! i personally always have to leave something.
The service has always been very good, staff will chat and talk and always make us feel very welcome and food has arived in a timely manner.
At my last visit, i was treated to one of their cheesecakes. It was gorgeous! The ice cream was perhaps not the best, but the presentation of the dessert and the cheesecake itself certainly made up for that.
As for price, the lunch/early bird special is excellent value however on the normal menu, i dont feel it to be over priced at all.
I love to support this local business and enjoy going to the quaint resteraunt. If others dont, maybe they should still to chain resteraunts instead.

1  Thank huxley123