“Minor problem, but hotel redeemed itslef.”

Hampton Inn & Suites West Point
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in West Point
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Hotel seemed relatively new, so it was in good shape. Lobby was nice, clean and inviting. The rooms were very clean and so were sheets and towels. After a slight problem after check in, my opinion of the place wasn't so great and I didn't want to return. But this place truly redeemed itself and in the end, I left very much satisfied. This was all due to one person who worked there and she deserves a raise for her customer service. I'm assuming the hotel will eventually read this review, so your employee by the name of Susan was exceptional and extremely helpful. She really made my stay and due to her and how she remedied my situation makes me want to stay there again.
The breakfast was decent and pretty much what you'll see at any hotel that offers a free breakfast. I prefer the cold food options for breakfast, so I didn't sample any of the hot items. Just wishing these hotel chains would get offer better bagels though. The coffee and tea in the lobby was nice. Didn't have a chance to use the pool due to the cool weather, but it seemed nice and clean and the outdoor area was good too.

Room Tip: Regular rooms seemed a bit small, but the suites were much larger. Only problem is that the suites...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Great place to stay and the service is excellent. In the past, I stayed at the holiday inn across the street but it is not nearly as nice as this Hampton. If you are looking for a good choice of restaurants, then check out nearby Starkville.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I flew into Birmingham, AL for a business trip in MS. I pulled into this hotel and met Keisha (sp?) who made my day. I was tired and she was full of energy and smiles. Hotel was relatively new and very clean. Near a nice restaurant and generally quiet location. I seldom give 4 points, for I have high expectations from Hamptons. This one deserves the 4 for staff alone.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2013

A good experience beginning with registration, room very comfortable with adequate supplies, breakfast with a variety of choices, fitness center provided aerobic machines, free weights, and weight balls. An overall good experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Hotel only 3 years old, clean, friendly staff. At 7500 points, I have never had a better value for my Hilton Honors points. Breakfast area wonderful and clean. Anytime I visit Mississippi State University, I will stay here...only about 10 minutes away. You won't be disappointed...I sure was not.

Room Tip: Select room on higher floor to avoid any road noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TerryA507
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Good clean room with a great staff. I stayed at the recommendation of co-workers and would also give mine. Parking was not a problem and a few dining options nearby. Walmart .10 mile away if you need anything and not far from CAFB.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I know I am only one person and my opnion may not mean anything to any one. But, I feel I was treated horribly by the General Manager at the Hampton Inn West Point MS location. I was verbally berated by this lady due to what I feel ws mispreception & miscommunication. To add insult to injury, the Owner, verbally insulted me during our heated telephone conversation, he shouted "Will you SHUT UP, are you going to listen to me talk!" He then said "I can see why Tracy was so frustated with you because you are all over the place" What kind of professional speaks to a customer, a stranger, or any human being in this manner! Yes, my family members were asked to vacate the property because of their association with friends/visitors playing in the lobby, hanging out near the elevators and in the hallways...and because they were coming in and out of the room. Very sorry...during annual Family Reunions, we gather in each other's rooms all the time-- to laugh, reminisce, & converse until time for bed! But hey, there was not 1 complaint from your other hotel guest about them! Hmmmm...Never experience such strict guidelines when staying at any other reptible Hotel in the past. A Lesson Learned!! do your research before checking in... Although this Hotel's apperance is beatiful & exceptional, 100% customer satisfaction was not their main concern when dealing with me...

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MzMac27
Styrotra, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites West Point, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2013

Dear MzMac27
Your account of your visit or may I say your underage teenage daughter and her friends visit to celebrate her 16th birthday party at our hotel is completely misrepresented in this view. You rented a room in your name for your daughter and her friends to have a party in after a lovely dinner at a local restaurant. The owner of the property has called you and offered for you to come view the tapes of your daughters friends in the halls on 2nd floor running down the hallways, jumping and giving high 5's to each other and laying out in the hallways. The reason they were in the halls was because it was so many they couldn't fit in the room. We had other guest that were disturbed by your daughter and her friends. This was not a family reunion as you are trying to say it was one room for your daughters party there were no additional rooms for any of your family or acquaintances. This is also an entirely different story then you gave to me, the front desk, the owners and Hilton. We have your inconsistency on record as your statements. You can not disturb our other guest. They have the right to rest and not be disturbed by unnecessary noise and chaos. We strive to be number one in our town as we are and we didn't get there for mistreating guest, their surveys reflect that. We are almost 4 years old and yet the most scent survey think we are new because we take care of our hotel and the guest and the guest take care of the hotel and therefore when someone is mistreating our property we will ask them to leave. Since you werent on the property we welcome you to come view the tapes so please return the owners call so you can do this both the owner and Hilton have ask you to do so several days ago.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Point
Hampton Inn Starkville
Hampton Inn Starkville
#4 of 13 in Starkville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites West Point? Share your experiences!