“Excellent Property With Courteous & Helpful Staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites West Point
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in West Point
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed at this property for three nights earlier this month. I arrived just before noon but I was able to get settled into my room on the top(third) floor because of excellent coordination between the front desk and the people cleaning out the rooms. My room was clean, quiet and everything was in good working order. The thermostat controlled A/C worked well throughout my stay. My bed was comfortable and my room was seamlessly cleaned each afternoon.
The main lobby area adjacent to the breakfast area was open, airy and offered a pleasant place to relax and read.
The breakfast area offered a good variety of choices and was tended to by a dedicated friendly attendant who kept the area clean.
The business area had one PC that gave fast Internet access with no fee. I used this PC a few times each day without problems.
Each person I interacted with at the front desk throughout my visit was attentive, knowledgeable, helpful and courteous.
There is ample free parking available.

Room Tip: None of the rooms face 45-A. My room was on the south side of the property but I would think that th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 2 June 2013

You will certainly not be disappointed by your stay at this hotel. It is the most comfortable night of sleep I believe I have ever had. Everyone was professional, the room far exceeded my expectations, and I enjoyed all of the amenities.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Hotel seemed relatively new, so it was in good shape. Lobby was nice, clean and inviting. The rooms were very clean and so were sheets and towels. After a slight problem after check in, my opinion of the place wasn't so great and I didn't want to return. But this place truly redeemed itself and in the end, I left very much satisfied. This was all due to one person who worked there and she deserves a raise for her customer service. I'm assuming the hotel will eventually read this review, so your employee by the name of Susan was exceptional and extremely helpful. She really made my stay and due to her and how she remedied my situation makes me want to stay there again.
The breakfast was decent and pretty much what you'll see at any hotel that offers a free breakfast. I prefer the cold food options for breakfast, so I didn't sample any of the hot items. Just wishing these hotel chains would get offer better bagels though. The coffee and tea in the lobby was nice. Didn't have a chance to use the pool due to the cool weather, but it seemed nice and clean and the outdoor area was good too.

Room Tip: Regular rooms seemed a bit small, but the suites were much larger. Only problem is that the suites...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Great place to stay and the service is excellent. In the past, I stayed at the holiday inn across the street but it is not nearly as nice as this Hampton. If you are looking for a good choice of restaurants, then check out nearby Starkville.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I flew into Birmingham, AL for a business trip in MS. I pulled into this hotel and met Keisha (sp?) who made my day. I was tired and she was full of energy and smiles. Hotel was relatively new and very clean. Near a nice restaurant and generally quiet location. I seldom give 4 points, for I have high expectations from Hamptons. This one deserves the 4 for staff alone.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2013

A good experience beginning with registration, room very comfortable with adequate supplies, breakfast with a variety of choices, fitness center provided aerobic machines, free weights, and weight balls. An overall good experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Hotel only 3 years old, clean, friendly staff. At 7500 points, I have never had a better value for my Hilton Honors points. Breakfast area wonderful and clean. Anytime I visit Mississippi State University, I will stay here...only about 10 minutes away. You won't be disappointed...I sure was not.

Room Tip: Select room on higher floor to avoid any road noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Hilton Garden Inn Starkville
Hilton Garden Inn Starkville
#2 of 13 in Starkville
Courtyard Starkville MSU at The Mill Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites West Point? Share your experiences!