“Hampton Inn experience”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in West Point
Terry, United States
“Hampton Inn experience”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Wonderful staff and made to feel very welcome. Very Clean. We had requested a baby bed and It was waiting for us in our room. They also gave us a room very close to the elevator so with the baby (you have to move the house) it was so convenience. The rooms with so quiet and the drapes were thick so it stayed dark in the room which helped with our sleep. Beds so comfortable. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Overpriced and very, very rude manager. Do not waste your money here as there are better places to stay close by in Starkville. Be warned that even though it carries the name 'Hampton' , it is apparently independently owned.
Will say Anthony's which was not far from here was an awesome place to eat.

Room Tip: If you must stay here stay on top floor. You can here everything above you.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 13baseball_mom
Styrotra, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites West Point, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We do hope the next time you are in West Point you will consider staying at our hotel and experience our true Hamptonality.

With a hotel full of baseball teams it is truly very hard to keep the noise to a minium but we do address it when we hear it or it is reported to us. Having a boy myself I completely understand how excited they can get at such high adrenaline times as baseball tournaments.

We do accept AAA/AARP, military discounts as well as group rates for 10 or more rooms, this is something you may want to consider in the future and would be a great benifit to you as well as the other team parents. Other then the goverenment per diem rate, which is not offered for weekend leisure travel, I believe we can find a rate that will fit you perfectly should you choose in the future to give us another try.

Again, thank you so much for sharing your experience as it helps us learn and grow.

Tracey Styron
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 26 July 2014

On our recent vacation we stayed at as many Hampton Inns as possible. I think they are the most consistent in their rooms, service, cleanliness, and food. The suite was very nice. We liked the warm cookies and coffee in the lobby, and the friendly, helpful desk clerk, Jennifer, who greeted us. I believe she may have made a dinner reservation for us, so we wouldn't have to wait. Breakfast was typical Hampton Inn - not anything that special but a tasty nourishing way to start the day. The whole experience was enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Perry, Missouri
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stopped at this hotel on our way to gulf shores, I had booked it a few weeks before our stay based on the reviews on here and so the kids could swim after being in a car all day. When we arrived everything seemed fine until we went down to the pool, it was closed because of river algae in it. The lady at the front desk wasn't helpful at all, never offered to give us a partial refund or anything. If we had known before we checked in that the pool was closed we would've went somewhere else. The hotel was nice and clean though, and the breakfast was good. There is a great pizza place in the small shopping center behind it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Crestwood
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. My room was very clean and up to date. The rest of the Hotel was very clean and up to date also. Breakfast area was extremely clean and the food was great. I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Although l live out of state,West point,ms is my hometown. I grew up there. I usually stay at the Holiday InnExpress, so this june 26-30th,2014,l decided to stay at the Hampton lnn and now i regret I did after having the Hampton' s gen.manager,Tracey Styron,rudely, unprofessional and in a hostile manner, come over to my guest, while we were getting breakfast,stood over my guest like the police and in a nasty,firm tone of voice began telling my guest that he couldn't just walk off the street and come in to eat breakfast. At that point, I hurried over to ask Styron what was the problem because I informed her that this was my guest and that I was the one who invited him to come here to eat breakfast with me. In front of other hotel customers, she raised her voice, wanted to argue and create a scene. This is when my husband said that he would pay for the breakfast just to shut her up. I was so appalled by her over the top forceful,rude and unprofessional attitude. One would think that a General Manager of a popular Hotel chain would have good,effective problem-solving skills and be trained to handle and defuse situations in a more professional and courteous manner. This incident left me feeling uncomfortable and regretting I booked this Hampton Hotel in my hometown of West Point,Ms. Now because of Tracey Styron, I will not stay there again,nor will I recommend the Hampton Hotel in West Point,Ms to the people I know, and I will also Facebook my experience. To add, there were only two employees that stood out with professionalism and courtesy, that was Ms.Gloria and the night shift reservation desk clerk. They were the best in this bad situation.

• Stayed June 2014
7 Thank dfps
Styrotra, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites West Point, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
As you stated in your review you invited a someone to join your for our breakfast that was not a guest at the hotel. I understand you were in town visiting family and wanted to spend time with them but we can not allow our guest to invite people to join them this is an amenity we offer to our hotel guest only.
As you can see 95% of our guest have an excellent experience while staying at our hotel and enjoy great customer service. We always strive to make sure our guest have a great experience while staying with us and we will continue to offer that level of service to our guest.
Orange Park, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stay at this Hampton whenever I am visiting a my customer because I can count on the friendly staff to provide a comfortable stay every time. I have stayed at this property several times and I haven't experienced any problems whatsoever. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling within the area of Columbus, Starkville and of course West Point.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the shopping center have less road noise. There is a great little Pizza place "C...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Days Inn West Point
#3 of 5 in West Point
La Quinta Inn & Suites Starkville at MSU
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites West Point? Share your experiences!