Americas Best Value Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Relax Inn(West Point)
Hotel Chester(Starkville)
View Hotel
All reviewsstay there againhot showershower headroom was cleanyogurtwater pressurefree breakfastwalmartpillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Room smelt as if it has not been cleaned in weeks. Musty and damp. Air conditioner was loud, very loud. Bath tub was too dirty as I had to clean it before I took a shower in it and germs and dirt don't bug me. Refrigerator had someones food in it and judging by the mold...It's been there a while.

The whole place should be turned into a pay-per-hour motel because that's the impression I have of this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Holiday Inn E, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Let me start by thanking you for posting your review of our hotel. I would like to sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. It sounds like we didn't do a very good job of representing our brand. I assure you all concerns you mentioned have been addressed and if you ever stay at our hotel again, you will be impressed.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights on a quiet weekend. In the first room the shower curtain rod was partially down so we changed rooms to a "better" room. Staff was very nice about it, and problems do happen, however the second room had a broken bath tub that stuck me in the foot and was "fixed" by having a very thin bath mat placed over the break.

The second room had a couch with tears in the tread bare material and a broken luggage stand.

The only positive was the staff who was nice and apologetic. But clearly management and ownership either doesn't care or won't spend the money needed to fix the property to the level reasonably expected.

Holiday Inn corporate needs to either pressure this place to get itself right or pull the franchise. It is an embarrassment to IHG.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rocket0455
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear rocket0455,

Thank you for staying and sharing your experience with us. I am glad that you found our hotel staff helpful. However, it is regretful to learn that our rooms were not at par with your standards. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Faith R

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stay at many Holiday Inn Express locations during my travels and while most of them are consistently well kept, this particular hotel is in need of some renovation work.

The carpet and furniture in the room I stayed in was a bit worn.

On the bright side, the room does have some great amenities like a refrigerator, microwave, and a flat panel TV. There's also room out in the back along a dirt road to park a few tractor-trailers.

I would stay here again but hope there's some updates done on this hotel soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear TXAgitator,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property

I am disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with our room’s appearance and truly sorry for you did not find some aspects of our hotel to your liking. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Our family of 6 have stayed at this hotel twice in the past 2 years. Perfect stopping point on our way from Missouri to the beach. We found beds and pillows comfortable. Breakfast was filling. There is a train track next door but we have not been woken by the trains. The night clerk was very friendly and welcoming and fixed a slight problem straight away.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I was hesitant to stay at the HIX because there were no recent reviews. We found the Inn to be acceptable, though in need of some updating. The carpet in the hallway and room felt lumpy when walked on, probably because the pad is worn out. Also, the bathroom is the first one I've been in where the floor did not feel like it was level ~ it seemed to slant. The bed was comfortable, the microwave popcorn in the room was appreciated, and the breakfast was satisfactory. The price was less than some of the hotels in the area. Also, we hadn't noticed the train tracks since we arrived at night and heard a train at 10:30 PM that sounded like it was right next door, and it was! Thankfully, there were no other trains at night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear WRJ-MLJ,

We appreciate you leaving a review on your recent stays with us. We are glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. We are deeply sorry for any issues you have encountered with the hotel conditions.

We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We will pass over you comments made to our Maintenance Manager in order to investigate further. We are pleased you did enjoy our comfortable beds. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to contact the Manager on Duty.

Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,