“Seems to have gone downhill”
Review of Viceroy Duffield

Viceroy Duffield
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Duffield
Price range: US$2 - US$2
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: One of the premier dining destinations in town, The Viceroy of Duffield is an upmarket restaurant on Tamworth Street serving up traditional home-cooked Indian cuisine. Perfect for family nights out and business dining, the restaurant is dressed with plush furnishings, fountains, and brass statues of lanterns and horses. Atmospheric and friendly, The Viceroy of Duffield is a colourful place to dine, and the extensive menu is complimented by a fantastic wine list, and staff are happy to source particular bottles on request. The kitchen at The Viceroy of Duffield specialises in Desi cooking, a traditional way of Indian cooking over slow fires that results in delicious dishes full of flavour.
Derby, United Kingdom
“Seems to have gone downhill”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We've been here on many occasions and the latest one being in January. Up until then it was faultless, but on this visit, there was a rude impatient waiter rolling his eyes as I was trying to decide. The food was nowhere near as good as it used to be and overall overpriced for quite a poor service. I asked to speak to the manager and was told he was not in so I left my details and I am still waiting for a phonecall. Very disappointed and I wouldn't go back or recommend.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank janandrich
TheViceroyUk, The Management at Viceroy Duffield, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thank your bringing this issue to my attention. Unfortunately I was not aware of this issue until I read your trip adviser review. Your details did not make there way to me and I would like to unreservedly and sincerely offer you my personal apology.

I am quite concerned that on your recent visit we did not meet and exceed our high standards.

This issue is currently under investigation. and I would like to kindly speak with and follow this up.

You can contact me directly on booking@viceroy.uk.com 01332 841111.

Kind Regards,

“Birthday treat”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We picked this restaurant at the last minute, very easy to book on line and we got a table for 4 for a 7 pm sitting which was very good for a Saturday night 5/4/2014. This was our first time here and found the Viceroy to be friendly with a good atmosphere , we picked the Gourmet Banquet for 4 which was a great mix of Indian food at it`s best. Expensive but for a birthday treat worth it and we will be going back very soon .

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Peter B
TheViceroyUk, The Management at Viceroy Duffield, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for the fantastic review. Very happy that you had a extra special time on your birthday.

Look forward to seeing you seen.

“Expensive”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Very disappointed with the quality and flavour of the food. Did we go on a bad night? We were expecting much better for the price which is a little over the top. The meat was tough and gristly in an insipid sauce. My husband's curry was lukewarm with little flavour. Will stick to our local excellent Indian restaurant which has superb food at half the price and no pretensions.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Annmar1
Hi very sorry to hear that your visit to the Viceroy Duffield was less than perfect.

We do have several meal checks to ensure that your starers, mains and general is anything less than perfect, this is a great opportunity to give us direct and immediate feedback. It also allows us to take immediate action.

In terms of price, we are very competitively priced with similar fine dining restaurants.

We have several offers:

2 For 1 Offer From 4:30pm tables must be vacated by 7:30pm.

A massive 50% Off on all take away collections from 4:30pm till late.

Please get in touch so we can discuss your previous visit, please contact us on the restaurant number number during business hours.

01332 841111

Kind Regards,

Leominster, United Kingdom
“Super classy Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The best Indian meal Ive had for a long time; really strong tasty curry (laal kaas, if i remember) . Good and fast service, but leaving time to chat as a family. Unusual choices, not what you'd see in most Indian restaurants, and even more of a pleasure for that. The only problem was that the (very large) prawns came with their shells on, and an 85 year old lady pulling shells off prawns is not a good idea.
The waiters uniforms are fabulous.
Handy to the railway station in Duffield as well

• Visited February 2014
TheViceroyUk, The Management at Viceroy Duffield, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for your lovely feedback. We work tirelessly to achieve the desired results. You feedback has been relayed back to the Viceroy team.

Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit and I was as amazed as my first experience! The food is just fantastic! Recommend anyone to go!

Visited February 2014
We are thrilled that you had a fantastic experience with us!

Look forward to seeing on your third visit very soon.

Warm regards,