“Horrid”
Review of Redwings Ada Cole

Redwings Ada Cole
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Nazeing
More attraction details
Owner description: Redwings Ada Cole is home to over 70 rescued horses, ponies, donkeys and mules, including handsome Gelderlander Zippy, cheeky donkey Del Boy, lovely Shetland pony Tinkerbell and rock ‘n’ roll pony Elvis – not forgetting Redwings’ tiniest resident, Teeny Tucker! Visitors can enjoy walking tours and horse care demonstrations, followed by hot drinks and tasty snacks from the Nosebag Cafe. There is also an on-site gift shop offering a range of souvenirs, all proceeds from which support the hundreds of horses in our care. While visiting Redwings Ada Cole, you might like to support the work of the charity by adopting one of its friendly residents, either for yourself or as a thoughtful gift for a friend or loved one. A year's adoption costs just £15! Redwings Ada Cole is open every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 10am to 4pm. Entry is FREE and dogs on leads are welcome too!
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Drove a very long way only to pull up at the gates and see a poster being out up to say that they were closed for the day. Nothing was on their website. Spoiled our day.

1  Thank Thomasjmahoney
Redwings H, Manager at Redwings Ada Cole, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Thomas and family

We are so sorry to hear of your experience at the weekend. The site was forced to close for one day due to unforeseen circumstances, but we are so so sorry for the disappointment caused, especially after you travelled such a long way to come and see us.

It is of course our aim to ensure that if we have to close the site for any reason we notify potential visitors in advance through our website and social media profiles, but sadly on this occasion because of the circumstances and timescales involved we were unable to do this.

We would never take such a decision lightly, this has never happened before and we are investigating the situation to ensure that it never happens again, regardless of circumstances.

We would be happy to offer you and your family complimentary tea and cake if you were kind enough to consider visiting us again. However if you wish to raise a formal complaint about your experience please do so via our website http://www.redwings.org.uk/get-in-touch/ or email coliver@redwings.co.uk. Thank you and apologies again for the disappointment you have been caused,

With very best wishes

"an animal lover"
"love horses"
"couple of hours"
in 4 reviews
"happy to answer any questions"
"cafe on site"
"stroke"
in 5 reviews
"pony"

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I haven't been to redwings in quite a while as it is a bit far from our house but when I do go there I enjoy seeing all the rescue horse and donkeys as i love horses and have one of my own. What I am trying to say is that redwings is a nice family day out for younger and older children. However some of the horses are a little stressed and pace up and down but that is the only thing other than that few of horse stressed you can stoke them. I also like to say that I have adopted a horse from there in the past and it is brilliant for younger children as you get magazines and pictures of your horse sent to you! By kitty age 11

6  Thank peter s
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I dropped in on this place on a whim on Sunday with my 16 year old daughter who is a horse nut. I wish I had known about this place years ago. Entry is completely free and the centre is entirely run on charitable donations and helps look after abandoned and ill treated horses and donkeys.

There are over 50 horses in various paddocks andhorses are free to roam the paddocks. If they want to come and say hello they will. If not tough luck. Enjoy the peaceful surroundings, (apart from the odd plane overhead), sit back and watch the horses just being in their natural environment. The staff were very friendly, there is a small gift and tea shop. If you want you can adopt a horse and receive the usual photographs etc.

Entry is free. Drop in for an hour and just enjoy. I thoroughly enjoyed it and wil certainly go back for a regular top up of tranquility

(Wellies recommended in the winter!)

8  Thank mike s
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Went on a sunny October afternoon wit my 13 year old teenage son.. Spent about an hour looking at the horses and donkeys and seeing them in the fields. he thought it highly amusing when the smaller horse Dolly bit Finnegan on the bum when she got a bit jealous, especially as dolly looked so much smaller than Finnegan. Had a drink and toasted teacake sat outside. thought the gift shop was quite expensive so didn't buy anything.

4  Thank topsyturphy
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 October 2013

During the summer holidays I visited Ada cole twice, once with a 2 year old and once with a 8 year old. The 2 year old visited lasted about 15 mins. He found it fun to see the horses then lost interest and wanted to go. The visit with a 8 year old lasted a little longer as I brought my dog and we ate our picnic after looking at the horses. You can't feed the horses as they are on strict diets. You can stroke them and there are facilities to wash your hands. Free parking. Free entrance. I think they ha a fe shows and displays during the summer holidays but nothing while I visited. I recommend a quick visit!

1  Thank devonstar12