“Just ok”

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
St. Louis, MO
“Just ok”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Food was just ok, way overpriced for what we received. Slow service and food not served at proper temperature. Won't be back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank hlbrink

Ballwin, MO
“A little overpriced”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The food was okay & atmosphere was fine, but place is a little overpriced for Mexican food. Nothing terrible, but nothing really special either.

Visited September 2012
St. Louis, MO
“Excellent "Street Tacos"”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Having heard from friends to come try this restaurant, finally we got a chance on a Sat afternoon. The Piqueso appetizer of white creamy cheese was everything you hoped for to dip tortilla chips in at the right consistency. It could have used a kick of spice, but my son and I all but licked the bowl clean. The salsa was great and we also ordered the extra spicy at a small charge. My husband mixed it with the table salsa for a perfect blend. I ordered the TACOS DE TRES MARIAS (street chicken tacos) that came with a cup on tortilla soup and potatoes. I substituted the potatoes for epazote flavored green rice and I'm so glad I did. the chicken tacos came with cilantro and I had it without the onions but added cheese. They were tender, juicy and very flavorful. 3 are served and I took one home to eat later. The soup was nothing special, bland but I liked that it had a lot of shredded chicken in it and it was broth based and not thick. My husband ordered TACOS AL PASTOR (pork) and the pork was a little over cooked but very flavorful since it was mixed with jalapeno peppers. It wasn't too spicy, but a little greasy where the chicken tacos had no grease.

It was a bit on the pricey side, but we had left overs.

I look forward to our next visit and we'll both order the Tacos de Tres Marias with the green rice!

• Visited February 2013
Saint James, Missouri
“Might just be our new favorite Mexican restaurant!”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

The service was superb - food was wonderful - and it wasn't the "same old Mexican" menu you find in most restaurants! The menu isn't huge, but the dishes have some personality. I've seen the recent less-than-stellar reviews, and I have to say we didn't see any of that. We were in on a busy Saturday night, and were very pleased. Family friendly, short wait for our food - we'll be back to try this place again!

• Visited January 2013
Ballwin, Missouri, United States
“Down hill”
Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

Sorry but the last few times we visited were not so good. When they first opened we really enjoyed going there. The food was good and we had good service. However something has changed. Lately the food is poor and very bad service was given. We have too many good places to eat in this area to put up with less than quality dining!