“Unexpected great meal”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Our party of 8 dined here on a Saturday night. We arrived around 5:30 and did not have to wait for a table. I had taken a peek at the online menu and wasn't actually all that excited about what I saw, but we were going as a group, so the decision to eat there was not mine. The menu seems more limited than most Mexican restaurants and there were some unusual options as well. We started off with complimentary chips and salsa. Very good. Margarita was delicious. We had a variety of entrees and everyone seemed to really enjoy what they ordered. My meal was one of the absolute best entrees I have ever had at a Mexican restaurant in this country. This is how it was listed on the menu: TACOS DE CHICHARRON (juicy jalapeno pork tacos) Chopped pork loin cooked with grilled jalapenos, tomatillo and onions served in corn tortillas with queso fresco. Served with Mexican rice and a
torta de papa (potato cake) 10.99
We have been to Mexico many times and this dish tasted so authentic. The spice levels were not dumbed down for American tastebuds. It was so full of flavor, I savored every bite. Not to be missed. This place was such a great surprise. Will definitely return next time we are in town!

There are newer reviews for Senor Pique

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Food was just ok, way overpriced for what we received. Slow service and food not served at proper temperature. Won't be back.

1  Thank hlbrink
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The food was okay & atmosphere was fine, but place is a little overpriced for Mexican food. Nothing terrible, but nothing really special either.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Having heard from friends to come try this restaurant, finally we got a chance on a Sat afternoon. The Piqueso appetizer of white creamy cheese was everything you hoped for to dip tortilla chips in at the right consistency. It could have used a kick of spice, but my son and I all but licked the bowl clean. The salsa was great and we also ordered the extra spicy at a small charge. My husband mixed it with the table salsa for a perfect blend. I ordered the TACOS DE TRES MARIAS (street chicken tacos) that came with a cup on tortilla soup and potatoes. I substituted the potatoes for epazote flavored green rice and I'm so glad I did. the chicken tacos came with cilantro and I had it without the onions but added cheese. They were tender, juicy and very flavorful. 3 are served and I took one home to eat later. The soup was nothing special, bland but I liked that it had a lot of shredded chicken in it and it was broth based and not thick. My husband ordered TACOS AL PASTOR (pork) and the pork was a little over cooked but very flavorful since it was mixed with jalapeno peppers. It wasn't too spicy, but a little greasy where the chicken tacos had no grease.

It was a bit on the pricey side, but we had left overs.

I look forward to our next visit and we'll both order the Tacos de Tres Marias with the green rice!

Reviewed 6 January 2013

The service was superb - food was wonderful - and it wasn't the "same old Mexican" menu you find in most restaurants! The menu isn't huge, but the dishes have some personality. I've seen the recent less-than-stellar reviews, and I have to say we didn't see any of that. We were in on a busy Saturday night, and were very pleased. Family friendly, short wait for our food - we'll be back to try this place again!