“Bad Management”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
“Bad Management”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Don't try using a groupon here and think it's going to be easy. God forbid they let you have a couple draft beers for a $1 off and still use it. I had to fight with the manager for a while who wasn't going to let me use my $30 groupon even though 3 of us spent $112 for a little mexican food and drinks. We wanted seperate tabs so the food and $40 of regular price drinks could be paid for by me. Come on really for that much money spent you hassle us and make it so none of us will ever be back...poor manager skills and I know as a former restaurant owner. I've posted TONS of reviews and if you look at my history almost none are rated Poor! On a good note the food is good, however traffic getting to this place on Manchester is a nightmare. Lose the attitude Señor Pique and don't just treat the regulars nice.

2 Thank Banny9949

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Try the Parrilada”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The parrilada for two is similar to ordering fajitas, but with so much more. It came with nicely trimmed chicken and steak, chorizo (mild), nopales, caramelized onions, and diced potatoes (quite spicy). The two of us left with enough food for a third person.

• Visited April 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Unexpected great meal”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Our party of 8 dined here on a Saturday night. We arrived around 5:30 and did not have to wait for a table. I had taken a peek at the online menu and wasn't actually all that excited about what I saw, but we were going as a group, so the decision to eat there was not mine. The menu seems more limited than most Mexican restaurants and there were some unusual options as well. We started off with complimentary chips and salsa. Very good. Margarita was delicious. We had a variety of entrees and everyone seemed to really enjoy what they ordered. My meal was one of the absolute best entrees I have ever had at a Mexican restaurant in this country. This is how it was listed on the menu: TACOS DE CHICHARRON (juicy jalapeno pork tacos) Chopped pork loin cooked with grilled jalapenos, tomatillo and onions served in corn tortillas with queso fresco. Served with Mexican rice and a
torta de papa (potato cake) 10.99
We have been to Mexico many times and this dish tasted so authentic. The spice levels were not dumbed down for American tastebuds. It was so full of flavor, I savored every bite. Not to be missed. This place was such a great surprise. Will definitely return next time we are in town!

• Visited March 2014
St. Louis, MO
“Just ok”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Food was just ok, way overpriced for what we received. Slow service and food not served at proper temperature. Won't be back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank hlbrink
Ballwin, MO
“A little overpriced”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The food was okay & atmosphere was fine, but place is a little overpriced for Mexican food. Nothing terrible, but nothing really special either.

Visited September 2012