“Yo”
Review of Econolodge

Econolodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Berkeley
Econolodge
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This may knock my credibility down a bit, but I found this hotel surprisingly OK. It was swelteringly hot in STL and the AC in the room worked well, the shower was great and the sheets were clean and crisp. There is coffee and very basic breakfast. If you want more than that, look elsewhere. Rather shady people hanging around the hotel, but not inside. Shay, who checked me in was professional and helpful. I stayed here because all the other airport hotels were full, and it worked fine and saved me some money!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 August 2010

Sent us to first room, was not even made up. Relocated us to another room and it smelled like smoke. Hairs in the shower, couple of roaches crawling around the room and fleas jumping on me! Also looked between the mattress and box spring was a used condom box. I wasn't expecting the "Ritz", a little bit more cleanliness for being a large hotel chain.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank aandwtravelers
Reviewed 25 March 2010

I stayed at this establishment as the price was very good for such a close proximity to the airport. Unfortunately, I must agree with past reviewers as the hotel leaves a bit to be desired. I say this because Motel 6 is a national chain and one should expect uniformity in service. Here, I found the hallway carpets had huge stains, the housekeeping staff were loud and practically yelling in the hallways, the blanket on the bed smelled "funky" and my non-smoking room smelled "dank" and moldy.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2009

I checked the rates on this website before calling to make a reservation. It is stated on that the rates do NOT differ from the website and the hotel. However, even after receieving a confirmation # and the front desk person saying he would honor the website price, we were told the general manager said she would NOT honor the price. This was AFTER we drove nearly 3 hours to get there! After much discussion with the front desk person he gave us the senior rate. We were still unhappy but were tired and agreed. We had 2 rooms which were adjoining. The first room was filthy. The bathroom floor had not been cleaned, there were no towels and both beds had somebody elses hair on the sheets! One of the sheets had a blood stain on it!! We immediately asked to be moved and after some time we were. The 2nd set of rooms were no better. One of the rooms actually hold MOLD growing on the carpet under the window. Not a little bit but ALOT! The windows wouldn't lock either. We demanded a refund and ended up staying across the street at LaQuinta, which was nice. The manager never could be reached and she really should be fired. NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!! It should be condemed and the manager and housekeepers fired!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank karri08Missouri
Reviewed 22 August 2008

My family and I were ABSOLUTELY disgusted with the St. Louis Motel 6. Upon arrival, there appeared to be drug deals going on in the parking lot, women dressed for "work" nearby, and a less than happy employee behind the glass covered check-in area. When we entered the room, it was extremely dirty. The bathroom had feces in the corner behind the leaking toilet, toilet paper that had "mopped" to the wall, and to top it off, when we went to lay a towel on the nightstand so we could set our cell phones on it (since we didn't want our phones to touch the unclean table top), it had blood on it!!! As I stated, this was an absolutely HORRIBLE stay. Obviously there is no quality control being performed for this location. Thumbs down!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank WhyMeWyoming
Reviewed 10 July 2008

This place was disgusting. Any other reviewer who says it's clean either works there or has lived in a homeless shelter somewhere. The sheets were STAINED and we actually found little flakes of skin stuck to the blankets, there was hair (a certain kind) stuck to the ONE towel that was provided. There was gum stuck to the wall, AND my non smoking room smelled like a smoke shop. Not to mention the hallways were noisy and water was dripping from the ceilings....The only reason we chose this place was because it was pet friendly... and we definitely would have been better off staying in our car for the night. I will never ever ever stay at another motel 6/red roof inn again in my life.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelAM84
Reviewed 5 July 2007

I actually feared for my safety at this hotel. There were some dubious long term residents with life problems hanging around. We were there only one night, but we witnessed the police being called twice. A lot of shouting around the front desk. We were first given a room that was a mess. Then we were switched into another room. I guess the room was ok, I just wanted to get out of there. I was also worried about my car. We literally rushed in and out of our room.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank Otoh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Courtyard St. Louis Creve Coeur
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport

Been to Econolodge? Share your experiences!