“Fantastic Park and Fly”

Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The lobby area had a fireplace and refreshments. Our group met in the lobby spacious lobby area to chat and relax. There are lots of restaurants close to the property that are family friendly. The sleep number type beds in the rooms allowed all of us to get a good night sleep before our flights in the morning.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Aaron D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel. I appreciate the kind words and feedback about the hotel and the staff. I am glad that we could meet your expectations of Hilton during your stay. I will make sure that I pass along your kind words about the staff to everyone here. It really does mean a lot and I am very grateful that we were able to meet your expectations of Hilton.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Aaron.Duncan@hilton.com. Thank you for your time and have a great day today

Write a ReviewReviews (1,061)

Reviewed 9 January 2014

the hotel is very assessable. the staff is friendlyand efficient. the hotel is modern and very clean and I enjoyed my stay. I would recommend this hotel and I will be staying here again. there is plenty of free parking.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Aaron D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that we could meet your expectations of Hilton during your stay. It really does mean a lot and I am very grateful that we were able to meet your expectations of Hilton.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I called ahead of normal check-in time to see if our room was available. The woman I spoke with said yes. We arrived an hour and a half AFTER the woman told us it was available, just to find out that our room actually WAS NOT READY. We ended up waiting in the lobby for another hour before we could finally go into the room. The woman who was checking us in was nice- but didn't go out of her way to tell us anything. I had to ask questions. I had to ask what time breakfast was served. I had to ask where the elevators were located. We stayed in a room that had a whirlpool. It wasn't working properly. The maintenance man came in 3 different times and still could not fix the problem. He was very friendly and nice and explained everything efficiently to us, but explained that he was new and couldn't fix our problem. He said he spoke with the manager regarding our issue and the manager was going to take half-off the price of our room for the night. In the morning when I checked-out, the woman at the desk (same woman who checked us in) just told me that our bill would be emailed to me. I never received an email. A few days later, I noticed on my online bank account that I was charged full-price for the room, EVEN THOUGH I BOOKED THE HOTEL ONLINE FOR CHEAPER! I called the hotel and explained that our whirlpool wasn't working and the maintenance man said he had spoken to the manager and that we would get half-price off our room for the night. The woman said she would credit my account, but she never said how much. I asked her to email me the receipt, she asked for my email address, but I still haven't received the receipt. It has been 5 days since we stayed the night at your hotel, and still have not received the half-price credit. I will call in the next few days if it does not appear. On top of everything else, the heating system was working but I wasn't able to set the heater on the temperature we wanted in the room, so the room stayed warm at 75 degrees the entire night. Also, when we had breakfast, we asked the woman in the dining room for a glass of water, she didn't bring it to us until we were finished eating. I haven't had a bad experience at a Hilton before, and I am not one to complain, but I was very displeased with our stay and will not be coming back to this hotel.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We booked this room specifically for the Jacuzzi tub. The tub did not work. Notified staff and No attempt to remedy situation was made. Only response was that "we should have notified them earlier as they had to get the room ready for the next party". There was never an apology for our inconvenience on this stay. No attempt to remedy or refund due to non-working equipment. Restaurant was poorly staffed and took 40 minutes to get an omelet.

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on our way out of town. We had to get up at 3:00a.m. so we were in bed by 8:30. Sounded like a gymnastic meet was going on the floor above. I called the front desk and was asked if I'd like to switch rooms. Do you think with 7 pieces of luggage, in bed already, we want to change clothes and switch rooms? Security was sent and the desk clerk did a follow up and was very nice. However.. When we returned from traveling with Mother Nature there were flights delayed and we traveled for 13 hours to get home so we decided to stay at the hotel again since we left our truck parked there and didn't want to drive 2 1/2 hrs home. We got to the hotel at 1:00am .. Shuttle service was good, driver very helpful, then we get to the lobby to deal with someone who could care a less if we stayed there or not and we felt as if we were bothering her. Needless to say we didn't stay and drove in the -6 below temperatures rather than deal with that!! No greeting, no smile, basically " yea.. I have a few rooms " RUDE! I will never stay here again because I don't give my money to businesses that don't care!!

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Brand new hotel in St. Louis not too far from the airport. It's kinda in the middle of nowhere so you will need a vehicle, but the entire experience made up for that.

The hotel staff was probably the nicest staff I've experienced in quite a while. They were friendly, professional, and even struck up a conversation with guests as they checked in...or walked past the desk....or checked out. They were truly interested in your well being and went out of their way to make sure the hotel stay was great.

The room they gave me overlooked the parking lot, which didn't bother me at all. After all, you don't stay in a hotel for the view. The bed was...well, I'll just say that Hilton did it again by providing an oversized King bed with a heavenly mattress and plenty of pillows and blankets. Didn't take me long to fall asleep here.

Speaking of parking, it's plentiful and it's free. Can't get any better than that!

The only thing is that there's not any restaurants really close by; you will need a vehicle as I said before. That being said, there are a few fast food restaurants within a 5 minute drive, or of course you can grab something from the pantry or eat on-site (I didn't get a chance to do that).

All in all, this was a very good stay, excellent actually. I'll be back the next time I'm in St. Louis!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Aaron D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We use this Hotel for Blues and Cardinal games . The shuttle takes us to metrolink and we do not have to drive or park. Rooms are great sometimes noisy. Breakfast was great as long as you do not pay full price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Aaron D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review your stay with us. I appreciate the kind words about the hotel from your stay with us. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the shuttle service. I also saw that you were able to enjoy our wonderful breakfast. Maybe next time you’re in town you can use our “Bed & Breakfast” package. This way breakfast will be included with your stay.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Aaron.Duncan@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Clayton Plaza Hotel
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton

Been to Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!