“Nice place to stay buy do NOT leave vehicle”

Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
“Nice place to stay buy do NOT leave vehicle”
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here using the park and fly offer. We stayed Sunday night and left car through Saturday. The room was very nice and clean (and I am picky). Bed was a little hard but some might like it. The keurig in the room was nice and the restaurant seemed busy. The bar was not open on Sunday evening. We ended up looking elsewhere for drinks ad dinner (hotel not really close to other businesses). Shuttle service was great. The bad part was when we returned on Saturday. Our cars had been broken into. Windows busted and door locks drilled. A two hour drive home without a window is not fun at all. Police said this place gets hit all of the time! He recommended using the parking spot and get a taxi to hotel. Hotel manager seemed surprised this happened but quickly refunded all of our rooms, 5 total in our group. I think it happens a lot. Stay just do not park!!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mutiger1998
Aaron D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
I am sorry about your experience at our hotel. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn’t helpful. We strive to ensure our team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for any issues you had.

I have personally talked to the team regarding you issues. I can assure you that any and all issues will be rectafied.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Jeffersonville, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Hotel is very nice and was at a decent price. We were only using it for one night to catch a flight out at the St Louis Airport the next day. Shuttle service was great. It left every 30 minutes. However beds were so hard that it felt like you were laying on a board and noise from other rooms was a bit much. Restaurant was nice but pricey.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Aaron D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that we could meet your expectations of Hilton during your stay. It really does mean a lot and I am very grateful that we were able to meet your expectations of Hilton.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Aaron.Duncan@hilton.com. Thank you for your time and have a great day today
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night before a very early flight. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. I went to get my car and was comforted to see a security staff member walking through the parking lot (the wind chill was 0). The room was clean, the lobby area was well maintained, and the elevators were very clean. A very nice place in a very convenient location.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to come to TripAdvisor to review our hotel. I appreciate the kind words and feedback about the hotel and the staff. I am glad that we could meet your expectations of Hilton during your stay. I will make sure that I pass along your kind words about the staff to everyone here. It really does mean a lot and I am very grateful that we were able to meet your expectations of Hilton.

Carbondale, United States
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Excellent hotel and even better staff. Very friendly and helpful. I have never stayed somewhere that the manager says if you get lost, call and I will talk you back to the hotel. Made venturing out in an unfamiliar city alone not so intimidating. Great rooms. Very comfortable. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stay at HGI's often and this hotel met all of our expectations that we have learned to expect when staying at HGIs. It's near a light rail station and the only negative is there is no place to eat within walking distance.

It's about 15 minutes from the airport by their van service.

Room Tip: There is an xway nearby, rooms on the side away from it may be a bit quieter, but noise wasn't a...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here the evening of Christmas so we could catch our very early flight out of Lambert the next morning. The hotel is lovely and clean, as are the rooms. The front desk clerk was friendly, even giving us free bottled water, but she could not help us out concerning getting dinner. She had no idea if there were any restaurants open in the area for delivery. I used to work in the hotel industry and when working holidays, I always knew what was open. Finally, after calling several places, we found a pizza delivery for dinner.

The hotel shuttle was odd. Most airport hotels I have stayed in have a shuttle available every 20 minutes or so, but this one was only available every two hours. Fine. So, we are on time for the shuttle, which would get us to the airport just in time to check in, go through security, and have a small wait for the flights. However, the driver decided to wait on a family that was very late and then wanted to put stuff away in their cars. We were 20 minutes late in leaving. Thank goodness the security line wasn't horribly long.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I do apologize for your experience with our shuttle as well as the interaction with one of our team members. It is not acceptable for a guest to experience slow shuttle pick up times. Also, all of our team members are trained on knowing and using all resources available to get an answer to assist guests with dinner options. I apologize for both interactions and thank you for bringing them to our attention. Both issues have been addressed to our entire team here.
If there is anything else would you would to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at Aaron.Duncan@hilton.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today
Hillsboro, United States
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The lobby area had a fireplace and refreshments. Our group met in the lobby spacious lobby area to chat and relax. There are lots of restaurants close to the property that are family friendly. The sleep number type beds in the rooms allowed all of us to get a good night sleep before our flights in the morning.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#6 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport? Share your experiences!