“Average hotel - Good for price, what we needed”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Airport Inn

Airport Inn
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Evansville, Indiana
“Average hotel - Good for price, what we needed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

We booked a night here before an early morning flight. The air conditioner was kinda loud but ok. Bed was ok. Check-in was fine. Airport shuttle was good. I read about some people worried about the safety of their vehicles, but we had no issues. They do charge you to park and fly, so beware of that. I thought it was included.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Weston, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I was appalled by what happened to me at this facility.
I went to be the night before and did not notice blood on the sheets of my bed. When I woke up I checked to see if the blood was from me and to my surprise it was someone else's. Then I checked the towels in the bathroom and found traces of blood on the large one and traces of feces on the little one. Extremely disgusting and unsafe.
I took pictures and sent to the corporate offices. I travel the world as a CPO for a multinational and have never faced this even on third world countries.
Now, I am worried that the blood my contain some type of illness.
Never again I will stay on this chain.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Oliveira J

Travellers are raving about these Berkeley hotels

Columbus,OH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

A very tired property that needs a good cleaning. Pool ladder broken,otherwise ok. No convenient restaurants. Bathtub didn't drain well, water difficult to turn off. Property is used by many as a park and fly property which is probably a good value

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bailey03
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for the Park and Fly program with the 24 hour shuttle, as we knew we would be arriving late on 6/2/13. The hotel itself was fine, as was the shuttle to the airport. The nightmare began when we arrived back at the airport at near midnight and promptly went to the courtesy phone as instructed. For over 30 minutes, we tried to call (using the courtesy #22 and the regular phone #.) We never got an answer and could find no cabs at this time of night. We eventually did get a cab after 1 am and paid $15. Once at the hotel, it was completely dark, with a sign on the door that due to recent power outages from a storm on 5/31/13, they were closed. I understand they had no control over the power outage, but why did they not email or call me? (They had this information.) Why did they leave over 20 cars unattended in the complete darkness? Why did they not make other arrangements for those of us arriving at the airport, or at least have the courtesy to place a note up at the "courtesy phones," so we didn't just keep trying to call and get no answer. The cab left us in the complete darkness and my husband had to wander in the dark behind the hotel to find our car. Luckily, it wasn't completely stripped. I would definitely not recommend this hotel! I attempted to contact the hotel afterwards and they made excuses, claiming they were in the lobby with generators, which was not true when we arrived, as there was not a soul in sight.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 14Lori
Navarre, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

-First, I must say that all of the people behind the check in counter were fabulous. Courteous, friendly, and always willing to help.

-When I read the description of their facility and amenities, it appeared to be fine for what we needed. Location was the main reason I chose it as it was 1.5 miles away from family. The price was average and that was good.

-When you walk in, the lobby area is clean and comfortable looking with a nice breakfast area to the right.

-However, down the halls and into the rooms made a slightly different turn. Carpets were coming up in the halls, our desk lamp that was to hold two bulbs had none, a light bulb was out on the double lights between the beds, the clock was set incorrectly so we had to Google how to reset it as all of the buttons to do so were hidden behind the top plate that had to be removed and no one seemed to know how to do it, the wallpaper by the window had three small cut out squares that were pasted up to conceal something, and the furniture had seen better days. If a face lift was done in the past few years, it may be time for another and the room attendants should be checking the electrical equipment.

-The cleaning was average as we were finding larger things on the floors around the bed that should have been removed prior to us coming, and the carpets needed a better vacuum.

-The breakfast was one of the poorest we have had, and we travel extensively. The waffles seemed to be our best bet and they were only available the first morning then the waffle iron seemed to disappear. The little refrigerator would be empty and we would have to solicit help to restock the various items. The biscuits and eggs seemed to be premade and simply reheated. With a full kitchen available, it seemed a shame to use pre-cooked foods. We were always one of the first there so I would hate to see what those coming in later had to experience. The entire breakfast experience seemed to be poorly managed and not a well thought out amenity.

-Though adequate for our 3 night stay, I would not recommend it highly. It is an alright place to sleep, but do not look too closely at what's around you.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracy L
Kansas City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

I had never stayed at this hotel before and I travel a lot to St. Louis on business. This is one hotel that I will stay at again and again. It is very well located and just a mile or so from the airport. I drove into St. Louis so I didn't have a chance to use the shuttle. The rooms were spacious nice. The breakfast nice and quick and the staff was great. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. They were still remodeling but it was not so much as you would notice it. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ltesch62
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stayed here the night before an early flight, utilizing their special park and fly rate. We were able to leave our car at the hotel for the full week we were away, and the room cost wasn't that much more than parking in the Cypress lot for a week.

We arrived tired and so ate in their restaurant/bar that night. Be prepared, it is just a corner of the breakfast room, but the bartender worked really hard to give good service. The food took a while, but was good. It was really nice to have a restaurant onsite.

We took the shuttle at 4:30 a.m., which put us at the airport around the time the security line opened. The shuttle was relatively efficient in picking us up when we returned. We waited maybe 20 minutes.

They are remodeling and clearly trying very hard, which I appreciate. I'd stay here again in the same circumstances.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple