“Loved everything about this hotel”
Review of Airport Inn

Airport Inn
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Westmont
“Loved everything about this hotel”
Reviewed 26 February 2009

I must say that the staff in this hotel is very good. Everyone at the front desk made us feel that they value our stay and we are special. The place was very quiet and clean..I felt soooo much at home.The swimming pool was relaxing and with no rush of people around. Thats the best thing I liked about this place. Fitness center was right infront of the pool area..it was ok too.but none of us used it. My room was beautiful. It had a big TV, a coffee maker (that was one of the best thing in room for me). The mirror was not inside the bathroom,so it was easy to use it for makeup when someone else was using the bathroom. They had cable internet connection,but it fine as we had only one computer with us. Breakfast was for free of cost. They had couple of good things in breakfast with cereals,eggs,waffles,few different kinds of muffins, bagels, coffee,etc.
The manager of the hotel was very kind and he made sure that we had a comfortable stay throughout. Even their shuttles do a great job.They were always there on time.
The only thing that did not like about this hotel was elevator.It worked a little slow. The hotel is located very close to the Lambert airport. I think it a best and convenient place to stay in St Louis.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wihops

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Seattle
Reviewed 14 October 2008

As they will always tell you that they have a 24-Hr airport shuttle service. I reached at Saint Louis airport at 11:00 pm and called them. Surprisingly, No one picked up the phone. I took my own cab and reached there. Lady at the front desk told me that their phone system is down. What a welcome!

Next, their Internet was down. Shocking, but it remained down for four days. They don't have WiFi but all wired. How can you live in United States of America without internet? Finally, it was back after 4 days.

Rooms were clean and "michelle" was polite at the front desk.
Breakfast was just OK. I reserved this hotel because it was close to my office. Room service was good. Did not have many TV channels.

Overall, it was average.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
illinois
Reviewed 13 August 2008

I booked this hotel because it is a park and fly. I booked it online and when I checked in, I was told the rate was incorrect and we were charged a higher rate. The hotel is substandard at best. The rooms are small, dark and dingy. The bathroom was not clean, the a/c made a horrific noise but we were only there for one night. We rode the shuttle to the airport and then took the metro to a Cardinal game. The game went into extra innings and it was 12:45 once we arrived back at the airport. I called the shuttle line to have the shuttle pick us up. The phone was busy, so I called the number on the automated response. The call went straight to voice mail. Finally the shuttle came after about a 25 minute wait. The breakfast was not good, cold items with make your own waffles. There were about 20 people waiting for the shuttle to the airport in the morning, only one shuttle was running. We were told that the shuttle ran continously however, we waited for over 45 minutes for it to come.
I was skeptical about getting picked up on our return to the St. Louis, however, this went off without a hitch. The only positive experience of our trip.
Next time we fly out of St. Louis, I will pay extra and stay at the Embassy Suites.
You get what you pay for, BEWARE!!
Let me just add, the elevators are extremly SLOW!!

• Liked — Proximity to airport
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Weston, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 July 2008

The good things:
The room was very large (almost awkwardly so), clean room, beds were extremely comfortable with a pillow top mattress and feather duvet.

The bad things:
There were only two slow and poorly placed elevators for the 130ish rooms - making for a guaranteed 5 minute wait for the elevator (there were not any usable stairs, as the fire exit stairs led to the outside);

There was not wireless internet, only a high speed internet cable;

There were not enough parking spots and people were parked in the fire lane (when we reported this to the front desk they did nothing);

The carpet in the rooms was a little worn;

There were two large groups staying at the hotel while we were there: a family reunion and pre-teen cheerleaders. These people had no manners at all and treated the hotel as if it were their own home. There were always children running around the lobby and hallways without supervision and usually barefoot. One night there was a group of six girls and a baby sitting outside our room (on the hallway floor, we literally had to step over them to get into our room) chatting until we called down to have the hotel staff chase them away. They had to close to pool one day because children were in there unattended and using the lifesaving devices as toys. The hotel was not able to keep their guests under control - I have never stayed at a hotel were guests acted in such a poor manner. When we complained to the hotel they offered to let us fill our a comment card but did nothing further. The other guests at this hotel truly tainted our stay.

• Liked — the comfortable beds!
  • Disliked — The other hotel guests
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 9 July 2008

We arrived to the Comfort Inn and were greeted by a very unfriendly and overwhelmed front desk clerk apparently handling all jobs on her own. There was not enough parking in the lot and we were informed that we had to park at another hotel several miles down the road and take a shuttle back that runs every 30 minutes. Not convenient with two children and a baby!!!! The hotel bordered a very questionable neighborhood and the parking situation ruined the whole stay for us as taking a shuttle back and forth from the parking lot would take a lot of time for our family and was terribly, terribly inconvenient. I would NEVER suggest a stay here. We ended up not even setting foot in our hotel room and went to the Hamton Inn & Suites by Forest Park which was awesome. We lost our $106 from the Comfort Inn. They wouldn't even consider giving us our money back even though we didn't stay. What a rip. I'll never suggest this place to anyone.

Stayed July 2008
Iowa
Reviewed 7 July 2008

Stayed 7-4-08 / 7-6-08. Worst hotel experience we have ever had. We arrived a bit early and were told that check in was at 3pm and they were not kidding. They made everyone wait till exactly 3pm to check anyone in, needless to say, there were probably at least 40 people needing to check in by then being a holiday and a Cubs/Card game in town. Our room was dirty, looked like blood splatter on the wall next to the desk, the desk swivel chair was broken the faucet in the sink leaked water from the handle so the counter was continually wet and the faucet in the tub could not be turned off all the way so it dripped all the time. The ice and vending machine area on our floor was disgusting! Ketchup, French fries and garbage on the floor that never got picked up while we was there. The internet was down the whole time we were there (2 nights) so that also meant you could not buy a in room movie. One of the reasons I picked this hotel was for the internet as I needed to stay in contact with my office while away. When I asked to speak to the manager on day two I was told he was out and would not be back till 3pm. I needed to get connected to the internet so I went to an internet cafe and got my work done, when I got back at 5pm I asked to speak with the manager and was told he would not be in till the next morning, I gave up! I could not wait to check out and when we went to the front desk the girl “working” was in the next room behind the desk sitting there with her head down and eyes closed sleeping, when she did finally come to check me out she acted like I was putting her out. The staff at this hotel was the most unfriendly incompetent personnel I have ever seen! The only pleasant person I encountered was the shuttle driver. Oh, and the parking here really is TERRIBLE! I wish anyone deciding to stay here good luck.

• Liked — That I left
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
Chula Vista
Reviewed 24 June 2008

I'm glad that I stayed at this hotel as it had the free parking and free breakfast. Room was very clean, big and with nice soft beds. Morning breakfast was free and had variety. This location was excellent because I cold take an early flight next day. My laptop internet was working fine and fitness center was great! I especailly liked the swimming pool which was indoor and heated.

My room had microvave and refrigirator which was helpful. Overall my expeciance was very good. Nice friendly staff and big lobby!

• Liked — Near Airport
  • Disliked — Restaurant menu
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Quality Inn Airport St. Louis
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport

Been to Airport Inn? Share your experiences!