“Good hotel”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Illinois
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

Handicapped room was large and roomy, bathroom had a roll in shower. Room was clean and no unpleasant smells. Breakfast was good, Toasters took forever. Good selection of cereals, pastries, waffles, fruit, yogurt. Only complaint was the shower head had no pressure, but told front desk when we checked out and maintanence was right on it. Nice motel for a cost friendly stay.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Anniston, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2009

Very reasonable rates. Nice pool. Centrally located.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2009

Stayed 1 night to be near the airport. Reservation made directly with hotel several months prior, good rate $69+, reservations error but quickly acknowledged and corrected by staff at check-in. Clean, comfortable, quiet room, convenient to airport, shuttle on time, nice breakfast. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
central illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2009

The room was dirty. Which still was okay. But we called for the shuttle as soon as we landed. Ten minutes we were told. We waited 30 and called again the shuttle guy said he came by and we were not there.
We were standing outside by the hotel shuttle sign the entire time. He finally came and them said he got 'tied up' at the other terminal.
The price seems great if you don't mind not knowing if you are going to get back to the hotel from the airport.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
MsKeen, Public Relations Manager at Airport Inn, responded to this review, 13 April 2009
Thank you for your condor review for our hotel. We are sorry to hear that you did not find the shuttle on time at the airport. We take great pride in our hotel location which is close to the airport, our free shuttle service, and our employees. We make sure that our shuttle drivers pick up our guests on time and do not take more than 5 to 6 minutes to receive them on airport. We believe that this problem should have been caused because of traffic backlog, sometimes the traffic at terminals is more than other times. This was certainly not intentional. We do offer our sincere apologies that your stay was less than perfect and hope that you will return for a stay that we are certain not only will meet but exceed your expectations.

Travellers are raving about these Berkeley hotels

San Fransico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2009

I have been travelling a lot since last 12 years. I have stayed at many other comfort inns before. This Comfort Inn at St Louis was the best of all I have seen so far.
The shuttle was on time to pick me on airport.
They have a beautiful way of managing the hotel. The room was spacious and very clean. The way they have maintained the place,it looks very expensive. In fact the per night stay rates are affordable for most of the people.
The best thing I likes about this hotel was its pool. It was a heated pool...very relaxing.
The beds were comfertable too. I was for 3 days in the hotel. Everyday I found my room cleaned and bed was made nicely every morning. But they did not have wireless internet. I had to plug a wire in my computer to use the internet. Good thing is that the internet was complimentary, so was the breakfast. But the breakfast time is only till 9:30 or so in the morning. Later I had to drive to a nearby place for meal. Other than that it was my one of the best stay ever.
I liked seeing the landing planes from the hotel window.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank KayeESanFransico
Westmont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2009

I must say that the staff in this hotel is very good. Everyone at the front desk made us feel that they value our stay and we are special. The place was very quiet and clean..I felt soooo much at home.The swimming pool was relaxing and with no rush of people around. Thats the best thing I liked about this place. Fitness center was right infront of the pool area..it was ok too.but none of us used it. My room was beautiful. It had a big TV, a coffee maker (that was one of the best thing in room for me). The mirror was not inside the bathroom,so it was easy to use it for makeup when someone else was using the bathroom. They had cable internet connection,but it fine as we had only one computer with us. Breakfast was for free of cost. They had couple of good things in breakfast with cereals,eggs,waffles,few different kinds of muffins, bagels, coffee,etc.
The manager of the hotel was very kind and he made sure that we had a comfortable stay throughout. Even their shuttles do a great job.They were always there on time.
The only thing that did not like about this hotel was elevator.It worked a little slow. The hotel is located very close to the Lambert airport. I think it a best and convenient place to stay in St Louis.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wihops
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2008

As they will always tell you that they have a 24-Hr airport shuttle service. I reached at Saint Louis airport at 11:00 pm and called them. Surprisingly, No one picked up the phone. I took my own cab and reached there. Lady at the front desk told me that their phone system is down. What a welcome!

Next, their Internet was down. Shocking, but it remained down for four days. They don't have WiFi but all wired. How can you live in United States of America without internet? Finally, it was back after 4 days.

Rooms were clean and "michelle" was polite at the front desk.
Breakfast was just OK. I reserved this hotel because it was close to my office. Room service was good. Did not have many TV channels.

Overall, it was average.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)