“Unexpected Surprise”
Review of Airport Inn

Airport Inn
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed 10 November 2006

I booked two rooms at the Comfort Inn at the last minute, mostly because it was one of the few places with rooms available near the St. Louis airport on short notice. I was very hesitant because the cost was so much less than other hotels I had been looking at. What a great surprise! The rooms were very comfortable, wonderful beds and very nice staff. It turned out to be a great overnight stay. I saved their card because I will definately check them first , next time we are in St. louis.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MissDarlin

Reviewed 11 September 2006

My husband & I stayed two nights at the hotel. When we checked in, we realized we only had down pillows in our room. We called to have a poly-fiber filled pillow sent up since I am allergic to down. At that point, we found out the hotel does not have any down pillows in the hotel at all. We were very upset, as I know several people that are allergic to down. Considering the late time (we checked in at 1 AM), we opted to call down and talk to someone during the day shift.
After going through the front desk, housekeeping, etc. we finally had the general manager call us. The GM proceeded to tell my husband there was nothing he was going to do as this is the first time he had ever heard of anyone ever being allergic to down. There is no mention of transfering us to another Choice Hotel (multiple in the area) there is no mention of discounting our room because I am unable to sleep, and the rudeness that came from that GM certified that I will never again stay at any Choice Hotels. After sitting in disbelief for minutes, the GM called back and offered a foam travel pillow they found in lost and found. After that, he told us to call Expedia to deal with them. We had booked our hotel through Hotels.com. The good news is that hotels.com took care of us. They refunded a portion of the room charge, told us of the closest place to get a pillow, and did what they could to help us.

Just know - from what I have found out, all choice hotels are now going to an all-down pillow establish. The funny thing is that they are not even hypo-allergenic down. So, if you are staying at this hotel, take your own pillow if you don't like down. If there is anything that is wrong with your room, don't deal with the staff, they won't do anything. They will just tell you to call the people you didn't book your hotel through.

Stayed: September 2006
2  Thank kriscakes
Reviewed 24 July 2006

This hotel was a great find. It was close to the airport with free shuttle that ran frequently. The breakfast was average for a choice hotel.
Rooms have just been refurnished and in great shape!!

Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank Boo1
A TripAdvisor Member
Minot, ND
Reviewed 2 June 2006

A friend and I flew into St. Louis for a ballgame and the Comfort Inn Airport was the best looking hotel out there......both quality and price! We arrived early and the front desk clerks let us store our luggage since check-in was not til 3pm. The hotel looked clean and the staff was friendly, as were the shuttle drivers. After returning from a long day of baseball and Union Station, we checked in to our room, which was nice and the bed was even better. The bed was soft and had lots of pillows on it. Another nice thing about the location was that there were several fastfood options within a short walking distance. Also the "make you own waffle" station was a treat for breakfast as well. We did not use any of the other amenties due to the short stay, but I do plan on using this hotel again for my next visit in August.

• Stayed: May 2006
Reviewed 8 May 2006

I drove for an hour trying to find this place. That may sound dumb but it is on a street that only has an exit going south bound on I-70. You'll never find it exiting the northbound. Oy!

The clerks couldn't give us directions and we talked to two. Once we finally arrived the desk clerk was caddy about the whole thing. It made me a little mad.

The hotel was well kept and clean. The room and beds were fine. The price was good but I got special pricing through Southwest Airlines. The fellow I traveled with works for them.

The night we stayed the electricity went out. I don't think it was the hotel's problem. Other businesses were effected that night.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 18 April 2006

For a Comfort Inn it was fabulous. Very posh and upscale with very affordable prices. If I had to stay in St. Louis for an extended stay I would definately come here again. Only downside was that the pool was not heated.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank chefgraves
Reviewed 18 April 2006

We were very happy with our room, particularly after our experience with another St. Louis airport hotel that was horrible.

However, we did find the restaurant staff lackadaisical, and the pool looked beautiful my son was bitterly dissappointed because it was "temporarily closed because of a chemical imbalance" for our entire stay.

If you just need a clean, decent place to sleep before or after a flight, this is the place for you, but don't count on any extras. Also, if you don't have transportation, there aren't many places to eat within walking distance except for a couple of fast food places.

• Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank vitaminT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Holiday Inn St. Louis Airport
Holiday Inn St. Louis Airport
#2 of 2 in Woodson Terrace

Been to Airport Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Airport Inn

Address: 9600 Natural Bridge Rd, Berkeley, Saint Louis, MO 63134-3110 (Formerly Ramada St. Louis Airport)
Region: United States > Missouri > Saint Louis > Berkeley
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Price Range: £95 - £152 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Airport Inn 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Airport Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Airport And Conference Center St Louis