“Quality Inn had no quality”

Quality Inn Airport St. Louis
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I chose this hotel because it was a Choice Hotel and I trust Choice Hotels. When you enter the lobby, you are greeted with a sign that states, "Please excuse our appearance during renovations". If you see this sign, go back out of the door. I stayed at the Quality Inn in West Springfield, Ma. last month and saw the same sign. Are they renovating the entire chain??

Our first day there, after a day of site seeing and returning at 9:30 PM, our key did not work. I had to go to the front desk(Which was a long walk) to get new keys. The clerk was rude and implied that I did something to the key. The second day, we had breakfast at the Golden Pancake Restaurant which is in the parking lot. We were given a voucher for a free meal which is the same every morning. We had 2 pancakes, 2 eggs, sausage, ham and coffee. It was good but I didn't look forward to eating the same breakfast for 5 days straight.

We returned to the room after another day of site seeing at 3:30 PM only to find our room had NOT been cleaned and used wet towels still on the bathroom floor. Again, I walked to the front desk to complain and was told a housekeeper would be down in 15 minutes. I asked for new towels and returned to the room. I guess it was my fault for returning to early. The hotel was a mess and the bathroom counter was falling apart. I made up my mind never to stay at a Quality Inn in the future. I understand that Quality Inns are a licensee of Choice Hotels but if they wish to maintain their reputation they should dump them. When we checked out, I was asked if I wanted a receipt by the clerk and when I said yes, I guess it ruined her day. No, how was your stay or thank you.

Room Tip: Stay away at least until their renovations are finished
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Patrickpa, Manager at Quality Inn Airport St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Dear Guest:

It is of utmost importance for us here at Quality Inn to have our Guests satisfied and delighted at what they experienced during their stay. We offer you a very sincere apology for such an unexpected inconvenience. We are very grateful that you bring this matter to our attention, as your feedback is without doubt a very resourceful insight to us.

Quality inn underwent through renovation to enhance our guest experience. The renovation process has been completed. I am confident that a future visit to our hotel will better reflect our commitment to customer satisfaction

Please don’t hesitate to reply or call us at 314-427-5955 if you have any questions

Sincerely
Gm

Patrick P

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stayed there twice on a trip to Illinois from New England. It is very close to the airport, and just down the road from a BBQ place and Denny's (nice for the 24 hour open, decent for kids). The shuttle was close to on time the two times we took it. The driver was quick. No swimming pool at the airport. They apparently do a Park-and-Ride system, so parking spots can be scarce. They are right next to the car rental places, so I walked back to the hotel. Not a hotel to stay at for a long period of time, but good enough to use for off hour flights.

Room Tip: All smoking rooms are upstairs. The shuttle to the airport runs every 15 minutes, usually. Break...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2013

OMG, I mean do I really need to request a room change because the guest down the hall was smoking weed?!?! Not to mention on the non-smoking area. Do I really have to explain to my 10 year old why she can't sit in the white stained chair? GROSS!!!! My daughter and I had to switch rooms 3 times before "settling in" . The rooms were dirty; stained chairs and bed covers, nasty bathroom, etc. There was mold around one the heat/air unit in one room. One room already had someone sleeping in it. We were so tired and this hotel was the only one that had rooms available; no wonder. Needless to say the only this chain of hotels is connected with our farm bureau membership. I am really surprise that they would offer places like this. I hate a bad review, I have to write this. But it was a blessing to get refunded the next morning. The staff was really nice to me. But I would stay clear of this place until they do some improvements.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I want to be the first to say, that I was very satisfied with the entire hotel. We came down from Milwaukee, WI. We checked into Airport Inn and was not pleased and demanded a refund and check-out. We noticed Quality Inn near by and went in to inquire some rates and rooms. The front desk worker, Michael went above and beyond to help us. He not only changed out attitude about the city, but he was also very friendly. We checked into four rooms. ALL the rooms were great and everything we needed, he made sure it was provided. We were so pleased with him and the hotel, when we checked out we took pictures in the beautiful lobby and we asked Michael to take the pictures and he did with gladness. We even requested to take a photo with him as well. The guy was ginuine and made our stay so pleasant and enjoyable. Qualily Inn Airport in Saint Louis, MO is now our offical stay when we visit the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The hotel is in the right location and the rooms are clean and spacious expect to the front desk guy michael. I went to get my my breakfast coupon but was asked for my id. The guy did not ask for ids with other guest but me. In top of that he was talking about me with one of the other guest that seemed to be his friend. Who does such kind of things. I wanted to get a wake up call-called the front desk no answer..went in the front to let him know--he seemed to be staying in the back trying to avoid me. That day i found that other guest had the same problem trying to reach the front desk from the room. This guy was rude, had attitude and lacked customer service. Although i liked my room, i will never stay in a hotel that disrespected me. I am a paying customer why i should i deal with such rudeness and unwelcomeness.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank texasfg
Patrickpa, Manager at Quality Inn Airport St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear Sir/ Madam:

On behalf of Quality Inn, kindly accept our sincere apologies for not (giving you the high standard of hospitality which is the general norm of our hotel). We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you because of this.

We understand that this type of mistake is unacceptable and there cannot be any excuse for that. We assure you that this type of mistake would not happen in future. We appreciate your patience and we are looking forward to serve your future lodging needs soon.

Patrick P

Reviewed 8 April 2013

i went on a cruise in march and drove to st louis to catch a plane for chicago...this hotel has a great park and fly deal...you pay for an overnight stay and you can leave your vehicle in their lot for FREE for up to 14 days...short term lots in the area charge abou 10 bucks a day to store your car, so this is definitely a good deal...i think my bill was around 80 bucks and i was gone 8 days, so i basically broke even on the deal..good thing is you don't have to rush around the day you fly..you can get a good night's rest and they shuttle you over to the airport and back when you return....and you get a complimentary continental breakfast voucher for the pancake restaurant next door...rooms are clean and you don't hear the planes even though the hotel is within 5 minutes of lambert airport....all in all a great deal....

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Clean, comfortable motel, perfectly situated 1/2 mile from airport. Price was very good vs. leaving car at airport AND paying for a room overnight.... Transportation to and from motel was a breeze and on demand. Just set your pick up time at the desk to get to airport and call the desk when you return and all is set, no worries. Stayed here two years in a row for a trip to Cancun and will definitely stay here for any fly out trip we take again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Quality Inn Florissant
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 18 in Maryland Heights
SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western St. Louis Airport

Been to Quality Inn Airport St. Louis? Share your experiences!