“You get what you pay for-barely”

Quality Inn Airport St. Louis
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed 10 March 2014

First, my wife booked this hotel through a second party site called HRS. Don't ever use them! The hotel never got the reservation from HRS. Fortunately, the Quality Inn did have a room for us and with my military discount, we ended up paying less anyway. The hotel is very close to the st. Louis Airport and had a shuttle that took us to the airport and then came back to get me when I called. The heat in the room was an all or nothing situation. It was either sauna-like or or cold in the room. Water in the shower went from lukewarm to cold pretty quickly. The pillows were about the size of Chiclets, so sleep was challenging. At least the place was quiet. especially considering the proximity to the airport.

Room Tip: Reminder-Do NOT book through HRS!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kelly B
Patrickpa, Manager at Quality Inn Airport St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services. Rest assured that these will be shared to our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We needed a cheap place to stay on just a couple days notice and found the Quality Inn through easytobook.com. The advertised free hot breakfast was a plus. The room was clean and comfortable, better than some supposedly higher-rated nearby hotels we have stayed at in the past. Our king bed room had ample room, a nice desk area, and was comfortable. The lobby area was also clean and attractive. No major complaints, though a few minor details. Our non-smoking room smelled smoke free, but there was a very noticeable cigarette smoke odor in the hallway. The second-floor room was also not very quiet with parking lot sounds (people talking/shouting) throughout the night, hallway sounds, and a fairly loud window heater. Also, for the free hot breakfast, each guest is issued a voucher in the morning at the front desk to take to an adjacent restaurant. However, the voucher is good for one specific breakfast: coffee, 2 pancakes, 2 eggs, 2 sausages, and 2 pieces of ham. No substitutions but you can ask to have items removed if not desired. Still a nice, generous breakfast. But if you need something changed it will cost extra; in our case we had them hold the pancakes due to gluten sensitivity and paid for hash browns on the side instead.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank J N

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your suggestions regarding the amenities in the room after your stay at our hotel. Thank you again for your suggestions. Looking forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We repeatedly stay at the Quality Inn near Lambert Airport west of St Louis. The king bed rooms are spacious, clean, and in good condition. There is no restaurant or cafe in the hotel. Guests have to leave the building, regardless of weather, and walk a short distance to a restaurant with less than mediocre food.

The fitness room was outdated, so I briskly walked the long hallways which was quite fun. The hotel advertises free parking during flight dates. Instead, guests have free parking while registered at the hotel and then pay $5.00 a day for additional days. This is less expensive than the other hotels and other parking services.

Shuttle service is a mini-van, which is fine for a few people. Guests must call from the airport when they need shuttle service on their return. The shuttle came within 15 minutes, which was better than other hotels have done.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Quality Inn and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly, and we hope we have the chance to see you again at Quality Inn the next time you are in Saint Louis. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

The room was outdated, Paint on walls very dirty where patches were done and not painted over, half the lights were burnt out. And we were skipped on the list for the airport shuttle in the morning. Very Disappointed

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest:

It is of utmost importance for us here at Quality inn to have our guest satisfied and delighted at what they experienced during their stay. We are very grateful that you bring this matter to our attention, as your feedback is very resourceful insight to us. We offer you a very sincere apology for such an unexpected inconvenience. We look forward having you back in the near future to see the new look.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

This was a good place to stay. We stayed for 2 nights. Beds very comfortable. Very quiet. Good internet service. Decent fitness room. The free breakfast is next door at the golden pancake...it was good. Only two things to consider...hallways are long and cold....and parking is tough here because they run a park and fly program. I would stay here again-

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AEboylston

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your feedback following your visit to Quality Inn. We appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

We are certainly extremely thrilled to learn that we exceeded your expectations during your stay with us at Quality Inn. We hope to welcome you back to the Quality Inn in the near future.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I was very skeptical when I went to quality in for my stay. My flight was cancelled and I wanted a place which provided shuttle and was not that expensive. The cheapest hotel with shuttle services was quality inn. I had seen some bad reviews on trip-advisor so I was kind of dubious. The shuttle picked me up from the airport in 15 minutes. Since I am in the army I was given a 15percent discount which was a plus point. The front desk was very helpful—since they did not have an elevator- he helped me carry my 7 bags up the stair which was very generous and refused to take my tip money. Though the outer view of the hotel is alright- once you get it in you are in for a surprise. The lobby looked very good and was I was very happy. The room was very nice and comfortable. For the price I paid I was pleasantly happy with my room. My wakeup call was on time and I was ready for the breakfast at golden pancake restaurant. Let me tell you the breakfast was really good—it was a hot breakfast and very delicious. Again my flight was delayed by couple of hours and I requested for a late checkout—was given without extra charges.

I was very satisfied with my stay. The hotel was nothing like I read on the reviews--- should really work on the landscape outside which will really help the first impression of the hotel. The staff told me they will be working on that this summer—so all the best to them. I will be staying on quality inn when I come back this summer.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank sasha c

Dear Guest:

First, I would like to express my personal gratitude for the time you have taken to share your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor. Second, on behalf of Quality Inn, I would like to say ‘thank you” and express my sincere appreciation for your stay with us.

It is always a great pleasure and extremely rewarding to receive positive and encouraging remarks such as yours. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time with us at Quality Inn. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I've stayed at this Quality Inn three times now when flying out of St Louis Lambert. The rooms seemed to have been updated this last time and definitely cleaner than in the past. One of the great things for me is their car rental room plans. I can spend the night and pay for the extra car rental much cheaper than leaving the car in one of the other offsite parking spots. When I fly back in, I just call the Quality Inn front desk number. And they quickly send out their shuttle bus to pick me up. Overall an economical way to fly out of STL if you don't live in St Louis.

Anger than
Now

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank bairdfarmer
Patrickpa, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Airport St. Louis, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Quality Inn Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#6 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport

Been to Quality Inn Airport St. Louis? Share your experiences!