“Eh, not great”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Albany, Oregon
“Eh, not great”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

The room had a musty smell and dirty feel all around. There was what looked like a water stain in the tile around the toilet and I found a Apple-bee's to go box on the AC unit ( smelled a few days old, thank god the AC was down to 60 degrees). A group of people across the hall were drunk and obnoxious most of the night, though this is not the hotels fault, though it might have helped if I couldn't see into the hallway from any seem in my door. They have a scheduled airport shuttle that runs every 30min, mine was 15 min late, to which I am glad I woke up excessively early. I will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Patrickpa, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Airport St. Louis, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Sir/ Madam:

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to read about your negative impressions and would like to ensure you that the service you describe does not correspond with our standards. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service and accommodations at competitive rates. We do hope you give us another opportunity in the future to make it right for you. Thank you.

Quality Inn Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Dubuque
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is a decent, relatively inexpensive hotel located conveniently near Lambert International airport in St. Louis. I stayed here for one night for a total charge of $83.20 including a big breakfast. My room was clean; however, this is a budget hotel, so do not expect luxury.

I did not make an advance reservation, but walked in to find a room available. Check in was easy and painless. I had called another nearby hotel first (the Holiday Inn) and been quoted a daunting room rate of $129 per night. Because I had explored the hotel reviews before our trip, I knew this would be decent and less expensive. I think this hotel is a good, reasonably priced alternative for a short stay if you need to go to the St. Louis airport.

Unlike some reviewers, I did not smell cigarette smoke in my room. The fan/heater was noisy but worked OK. There was no refrigerator in the room. The windows could not be opened and had no screens anyway. Wifi worked fine and was easy to connect to. The bathroom was clean and the cable TV worked just fine. I had a room toward the rear and it was a quiet area. There is an outdoor pool, which was being filled when I stayed.

The bed offered a decent night's sleep but was certainly not the peak of comfort. There was no mattress pad between the sheet and the mattress itself. This is a "pet friendly" hotel, so it's possible pets have been in some of the room. I heard yipping in the hallways from customers who brought their dogs.

At checkout, I was given a coupon to the pancake house next door. This restaurant is only open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. and I think it primarily serves hotel guests. The hotel coupon is for a specific breakfast with no substitutions allowed. My breakfast was served hot, didn't take long to arrive, and tasted good. It consisted of coffee, water, pancakes, ham, sausage, and scrambled eggs. The waitress was friendly and polite, and the breakfast was filling enough to last me on the return journey home.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PamelaDbq
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your visit and that your expectations were satisfied.

Hope to see you again.

Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

The room stunk of stale cigarette smoke. When i say the room, I mean everything in the room, from the carpet to the pillows. Worse yet, the window was busted such that I couldn't even open it to get some fresh air. Did I mention the burn holes in the bed spread? This place is pretty disgusting.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sir/ Madam:

Quality Inn Management

Travellers are raving about these Berkeley hotels

Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I parked my car there to get a one-day flight out and back, then a short overnight stay, and back to the airport in the morning. The shuttle had different drivers, some friendly and helpful, others taciturn. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

The hotel is older with signs of wear and tear. My room was typical Quality Inn. Nothing fancy (except soap and shampoo much better than the old days), thin towels, iffy linens and bedspread (does this get laundered? Hard to tell), not many channels available on TV. There's an old-fashioned noisy heat/AC unit. The good news is that the free WiFi worked ok and it was quiet enough to get a good night's sleep.

This is one of the closest hotels to the airport. You can pay a lot more for nearby hotels but no need to if you just need a room for the night. However, if planning a longer stay, I'd check elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Craig D
Dear Guest:

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Quality Inn and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly, and we hope we have the chance to see you again at Quality Inn the next time you are in Saint Louis. Thank you.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Its a decent hotel next to the airport. Our room and bathroom were clean and basic. The TV had issue with not returning to the proper input when it was turned off. The furniture should be updated. The room had a slight smell of smoke.

I stayed at this location because a convention filled the surrounding hotels I normally use. If you are looking for basic accommodation near the airport for a day this would meet those needs. It may be typical of other hotels at its star raring.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Three of my credit card was charged when in reality I did the reservation through expedia. The front desk guy was clueless when he told me he needed my credit card for incidental and charged my card. I dont thing he knows what he was doing, he lacked knowledge and in the process he played with my money. I still see the three charges and when I called that morning no one in the front desk would pick up the phone which was strange. 3 am and no answer to the phone call. I would think twice before I check in this hotel which employess such employee with lack of training and any knowledge.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank drift007
Patrickpa, Manager at Quality Inn Airport St. Louis, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations.

We authorized your debit/credit card for the amount of the exchange. While you may see that amount authorized, we do not actually charge the card. The hold on your account should be released in 7-10 business days.

Patrick P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Quality Inn Florissant
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport

Been to Quality Inn Airport St. Louis? Share your experiences!