“Nice for my first Super 8 stay.”

Super 8 St. Louis Airport
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Nice for my first Super 8 stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

On a road trip and needed a place to stay cheap for 1 night. We were in room 225. This was nice for my first Super 8 experience. The staff are nice and helpful; they proudly display their excellence awards in their front desk office. Breakfast is from 6-9 am everyday. The rooms are in inside corridors. Seating for breakfast is extremely limited. You are not allowed to take the breakfast items outside of the breakfast area. Shower was okay; when I finished the water tub filled with water even though I opened the drain. The water eventually went down. Sink area is nice. Furniture could be improved. The bedside table drawers don't open. The drawers under the TV have seen better days. Nice view out of the window. Fridge and microwave were included in our room which was nice. Would recommend if you need to stop.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

Hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. The pool was very nice - better than I expected! Our room was clean and neat. The breakfast area is small, but adequate for the simple continental breakfast offered at Super 8.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Schaumburg, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Enough for the $40 I paid for one night. The breakfast is too limited and the breakfast area is too small but in general is a good hotel for the price.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 individual nights. They were both stopover nights in St. Louis as I was passing through on my way to and from England. I needed somewhere near the airport to 'crash' and in all fairness this was ideal for just this.

The hotel itself is not especially good-looking and the decor looks dated in places and simply run-down in others. The rooms are neat and tidy and functional. In fact they are really quite big. The bed was absolutely huge and there was a big separate area for chairs and a table. There was also a fridge and a microwave in my room.

The internet connection here can be brilliant or awful. The first night I stayed I asked for a room with good access and got one with absolutely nothing. The second night I stayed, I really stressed the need for internet access and I got a really quick connection. They told me you 'needed to be on the bottom floor near the end of the corridors for the best connection'. This appears to ring true. So DO stress this point if you want good access.

I have given this a 3/5 because I really feel you get what you pay for. I paid a measly £30/night including taxes to stay here. It is within 3 miles of the airport and the cab journey is only $15.

If you want a really short stay and just need somewhere to sleep then this is perfect. Also, if you are looking for somewhere to stay longer and just going to use this as a 'base' then I see no reason why this would not suffice either (although you would need a car to practically get around St. Louis).

I hope this helps.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the bottom floor near the end of the corridor for better Internet access!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TheBDJ
Columbia,MO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

ts was by far the worst hotel i have ever stayed in.. Couldn't trust anything here. Since I am of indian origin she ' assumed' (despite my insistence to give her a price line receipt) that I had booked by calling her and not payed and double charged our card (two different cards at that). I am very very disappointed. Thin walls, shady people, and smelly rooms. I would not recommend it... They won't even allow you to print a simple ticket and lied to my face saying they didn't have a printer! (This after I had signed a freshly printed receipt for my room!)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank pmphx5

Travellers are raving about these Berkeley hotels

Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

This super 8 was clean, a little dated, but definitely clean. I had no issues like some described. The only thing that's been a small pain is the internet here. It was constantly dropping which is pretty frustrating. AS others have stated, the walls are thin, but it's to be expected. Otherwise i'd have given more stars. I did not have any breakfast, so cannot comment on it. The staff was very friendly. For an inexpensive hotel it's definitely worth staying at. I'll be back next time I'm in town

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Carlotta, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

Lobby smelled, room smelled worse. Had down stairs room, could hear televisions in other rooms on both sides and above. Bathroom mold. Asked for a 4:00 A.M. wake up
got a 2:00 A.M. wake up call.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Quality Inn Airport St. Louis
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Super 8 St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!