“Convenient and comfortable”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Austin, Texas
“Convenient and comfortable”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The Renaissance St. Louis Airport is my favorite hotel near the St. Louis airport. They have comfortable rooms that are now outfitted with flat screen TV's, a nice workout room and good service. They have a full service restaurant and no free breakfast, but I prefer the in-house Starbucks for breakfast.

The beds are comfortable and the workspace is more than adequate. Like many hotels these days, they have updated their work areas and there are now plenty of easily accessible power outlets and spots to hook up your electronics. There is a view of the runway on one side of the building, but sometimes you may get a little bit of road or aircraft noise on this side.

The airport shuttle is convenient and you can catch the train from the airport to go straight into downtown if you wish. I have stayed here many times with no problem. This time the toilet ran too much, but the situation was promptly corrected when I notified the front desk.

If there is a downside it might be that the area is decaying a little bit, but the security in the hotel feels very good and I felt safe at all times. The building also has many meeting room options for those hosting off-site meetings.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the airport (North) have a view of the planes, but may be somewhat more noisy due to th...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Dear Moved2Texas,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at the Renaissance. I am happy to hear you enjoy staying at our hotel and take advantage of everything it has to offer. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Stayed here 2 nites. Rooms were nice. Breakfast buffet was excellent. I would not pay 15 dollars for it but is a good deal if you get a good room rate with breakfast. Great exercise room with cardio theatre. 5 treadmills, 4 elipiticals, 4 bikes and lots of weights. Location is a typical airport location with not much around but is very accessible to highway.
I would stay here again if I come again. Service was good, too.
The only thing I don't like is that you have to pay to park and on some weekend nites spaces are hard to find bc of weddings. I know I have to pay to park at downtown hotels but paying at an airport location seems unfair.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Dear mavfan1956,

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance and taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your kind words about our hotel. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed many of the great things our hotel has to offer, such as our breakfast buffet and excellent work out facility. We look forward to having you again!

Reviewed 19 October 2011

After reading several review about this hotel,we(the boyfriend and I) thought we'd give it a shot.
1.It is conveniently located to the airport,so this is a plus for people flying in and out of St Louis.
2.We utilized the free shuttle service.
3.We wanted to take a taxi into the city when one of the bell staff told us to use the Metrolink instead,which we accessed by taking the shuttle to the airport.This saved us $40 for a one -way trip into the city.
4.When we checked in,we were given a room on one of the lower floors but the boyfriend wasn't too happy about this.We ended up requesting a room change which went smoothly.
5.The staff were nice and we made quick friends with one of the shuttle drivers.
6.Overall,great property, convenient location,pleasant staff.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2011
Dear Travel_LuvBug138,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Renaissance and for your kind words about our hotel and staff. I’m happy to hear you took advantage of our free shuttle and enjoyed staying with us. We hope to have you again!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 16 October 2011

The walls must be paper thin in this hotel, as I know a whole lot about everyone staying on my floor! More than I can share! I assumed hotel security would, at least, quiet down the 1AM party in the hallway, but ... I wonder if this hotel even has security. Makes me wonder about the safety features, too.

The hole in the door frame of my bathroom was a nice touch. The mildew has to live somewhere, I suppose.

Ordered the lobster mac & cheese from the restaurant for dinner. I think I can guess the recipe ...one box kraft dinner + one can save-a-lot lobster bits. OMG -- this is a Marriott?

For shame, calling this a hotel. It's a high-rise Motel 5 1/2.

Avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: The best way to get a good room is to book elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Dear Brian W,

I am disappointed to hear about your recent stay at the Renaissance. The experience you had is not what we strive for and your comments are very important to us. I will be passing your feedback on to the appropriate departments. We are always using it as a tool for improvement. I would be happy to discuss this further with you if you would like to contact me directly.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. If you need a place to stay near the airport for one night and are on an expense report...then this place is fine. The rooms are nice, the staff is nice, and the fitness center is decent as well.

I was not on an expense report however...and did not feel like paying for the very-overpriced food in the hotel 'restaurant.' All the restaurant is is just a partitioning in the lobby that pretty much just serves the room service menu. Most of the nicest hotels in the country will have a place to eat which has a bit more of a variety.

There is also NOTHING around this hotel...unless you would like to visit a lingerie store, a Waffle House or a Steak n Shake.

Like I said...if it's a business trip layover...then this is definitely the place to be. There is a shuttle to the hotel. But If you need to make frequent trips into the city...then this is definitely not the place to stay.

It's a nice hotel...but it is just not in a good location.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Dear Monkeyboy239,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Renaissance and taking the time to write a review. I hope you choose to stay with us again and take advantage of our Navigator by Renaissance program. It is designed to offer authentic places to eat, drink, shop, and see in the area you are visiting; just ask our front office staff for more information. Our shuttle may also take you to a St. Louis MetroLink pick up location and from there you are able to access many of St. Louis’ exciting areas and attractions. Hope to have you again.

Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I am staying at this hotel and the staff is so rude. I went to get a carry out order and the man at the bar was so rude to me I left. I went to the front desk to find if the hotel had another restaraunt so the lady at the desk said you can get room service her name was katy she was rude and nasty and she suppose to be a supervisor then I told her if i wanted room service I would of stayed in my room she was so rude its like she was trying to get me away from the front desk. Then the restaraunt lady came out and I told her what about the guy at the bar and she didnt do anything is like whatever. I will think twice about staying there again. I went for my birthday it was terrible.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank lakeisha A
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 6 October 2011
Dear Lakeisha A

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience here at the Renaissance. The standard of service we set for ourselves is not what you received and I will be passing your comments on to the appropriate departments. I hope you choose to stay at the Renaissance in the future so you may experience the service we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

The room was great, plenty of space for me, being by myself. For two days of on the go it would've been better if parking was easier and closer to get inside. Overall had a good stay.

• Stayed September 2011
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Dear Snellii

Thank you for staying at the Renaissance and taking time to write this review. I’m happy you enjoyed our rooms and your overall stay. We look forward to having you with us again.

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!