“Nice Remodeling almost finished.”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Iowa
“Nice Remodeling almost finished.”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Stayed here early April and they are just putting the finishing pieces to their remodeling project into place. Lobby and bar areas all brand new. Very nice. Rooms about the same as last stay. Good access to airport and shuttle service good EXCEPT upon return had to wait for 40 minutes as they had to use three shuttles to pick everyone up. Other than that great stay and service.

Room Tip: Hall noise can be a factor - ask for a less crowded floor. Ask for a view of the airport if you li...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear DDGone,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at the Renaissance. We appreciate your positive feedback on our newly remodelled lobby, restaurant and bar areas. I apologize for the unusual wait you experienced for the return shuttle trip. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Very friendly staff especially on the shuttle bus and parking attendents. Clean, everything worked. Will be back when flying out of Saint Louis.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear tryingtooSS,

We are glad you enjoyed your experience at the Renaissance and we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Despite its free shuttle, proximity to STL, lovely beds and cool bathroom, I had too many negatives on my stay at this hotel.

-Meagre supply of tea/coffee and request to replenish ignored.
-No free wifi except in lobby and that was unreliable.
-Hotel directory found in a drawer on printed sheets of plain paper.
-No mini bar staying in a 'club' grade room.
-Noise from freeway and airport (glazing poor).
-Adjoining rooms caused disturbance.
-Invisible to staff throughout stay, including check in.

I'll think twice before using another Renaissance.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank chris036
Dear chris039,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Renaissance. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and I’d like to discuss your stay in further detail. Please contact me directly at a time that is best for you.

KC-MO
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Went for a medical convention. Facility and food were good. Personnel on hand were appropriate.
UNFORTUNATELY, this facility is into the concept of squeezing for every dime. In 2012, facilities that charge for Internet are loosing the client battle. Why not charge for electricity and hot water. And the charge is not low.........and frankly unacceptable. I will be discussing with the medical leadership about changing to a user friendly shop.
Then, I forgot my iphone 4S charger. Called to hotel within hours of leaving. The person took my name and assured a call back.......it never came. I called back to the Manager of Housekeeping who said she had a load of them and she would place "Two in the mail immediately." Two days later, another "manager" (lower-case) called to say, no, none had been found and they could not help.......Get the drift....Find another place

Room Tip: Shop around
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Breathdoc
Dear Breathdog,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Renaissance. I sincerely apologize for the incident with your phone charger and will be looking into the issue. If you would like to discuss this along with the internet fee, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Nashville
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Overall this is a nice hotel. It is decorated beautifully and the rooms were clean. I don't care for the parking. You have to have a ticket to get in and out of the gate, and the parking cost is a little expensive. The hotel was a little crowded, pool area is a little small, not as relaxing as I would like. I was there for a girls weekend, so this hotel satisfied our needs for location and comfort. I wouldn't choose it for a romance getaway. If you want upscale, this is a good option. If you want luxury, this is not the best option.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear Virgo823,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at the Renaissance. Your comments are important to us as we are always looking for ways to improve. We hope to have you stay with us again.

Iowa
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed here last night as we were passing through. First off it was a great value as we got it through Priceline. The hotel was clean, and the staff I dealt with were incredibly friendly. The fitness center was above and beyond! We were incredibly annoyed that they did not offer free wifi in the room. The lightening in the bathroom was also poor, but besides those things it was a great stay.

Dear bmeaney29,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and friendly staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Montreal
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Very nice hotel to look at but definitely has room for imporovement. The following minor, but important details were noticed.
- I wanted to just check in and then return my rental car the night before my early morning flight. There is no drop off zone indicated so I ended up going into the parking lot. At check in I was told I would not be charged to just go in and out, but the charge did appear on my bill.
- Needed to jot down some numbers while I was on the phone in the room, but not a pen or paper to be found anywhere.
-There was no hotel guide in the room, would have made it easier for me to find the gym.
- Decided to grab a quick bite at the bar. Saw 3 staff behind the bar and thought it might mean quick service. Waited 5 minutes (yes I timed it) before someone acknowledged me. One employee was deep in conversation with another customer. If you are on break or don't work at the bar, please remove your name tag!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear The_Dudes,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at the Renaissance. We appreciate guest feedback and are constantly using it as a way to improve. Getting the little things right is just as important to us and I will be passing your comments on to the appropriate departments. We look forward to providing you with the true Renaissance experience the next time you stay with us.

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!