“Awesome!... After check in” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
“Awesome!... After check in”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

A few days before my check-in I had a e-mail that let me request certain things before I even got to the hotel. I requested extra towels. I did not have any extra towels when I got in my room. I also called ahead of time and requested a quiet room, fridge and a microwave and the person I spoke to said none of those would be a problem. I was excited to get to the hotel as I have stayed there before.
Upon check in I was told all the fridges were already spoken for and they didn't even have microwaves for the rooms but I could use the one in the laundry room on the 2nd floor. Because I was told a fridge/mirco wouldn't be a problem I had a cooler packed with perishables which made me a little upset and I don't understand why I was told neither would be a problem but they don't even have microwaves?? I also gave them my tax-exempt papers but was still charged tax and had to go to the front desk on my day of departure which took 20 min. to fix.

However, they gave me a room at the end of the hall (quiet) and I called the front desk once I got to my room and they brought me extra towels. I also requested more coffee which they brought also. I just kept filling my cooler with Ice during my stay.

I love their rooms and their beds are comfortable. Aside from check-in I really enjoyed my stayed!

I would have loved free Wifi but I just tethered from my phone so I was fine.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear CKC001

I am very sorry to hear about the many complications you encountered during your stay. I will be sure to pass this info along to my team so that we can prevent these errors in the future. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Renaissance. We greatly appreciate your input! I hope that you will come to stay with us in the future, in order to give us the opportunity to correct the issues mentioned in your review.

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Lake Mills, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

I've stayed at this Renaissance a couple of times (I keep coming back, so it would be silly of me to give them a bad review!), and there are just a few things they need to repair to get to the next level - in this case, a fifth green-filled circle!

When I checked in, the front desk staff was exceptional. My clerk was fabulous - enthusiastic, smart and fun. Self-parking is $10 a day...ugh...but it's secure.

The rooms have very nice views, but the rooms could use a little updating. They're not bad, but a little dated. Here were my issues: 1) Only one each of caffeinated and decaf coffees in the signature Marriott coffee case. You have to put two of each in there. 2) No notepads or pens in the room. C'mon - really? I slept at a Fairfield Inn a couple of nights ago, and they had notepads and pens. 3) I was down to the yellow facial tissues, so I anticipated the box would be replaced. Well, it was removed and not replaced. So, day 2, no kleenex. Also, my one-use shower and skin soaps were removed and replaced with only one bar for both. C'mon, man. 3) I was planning to head to the gym, so I looked for the guest services booklet in the room. There wasn't one. Although, I didn't look under the bed.

Look, I love Renaissance hotels, but for someone who spends 150+ nights a year in hotels, I expect some basic items to be present. And they weren't.

All in all, this is a beautiful hotel with very good service. With a little more oversight, it could be excellent. But, I'll be back when I'm in STL.

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad one!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Cheesehead7
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear Cheesehead7,

Thank you very much for your input, and for taking the time to write a review for us! It seems that most of these issues are housekeeping related, and I will be sure to notify our staff of your concerns.

Also, I would like to add that we serve Starbucks coffee at our bar in the mornings. But if you would like to brew your own, our staff would be happy to supply you with more during your next stay.

Please come see us again soon!

California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

My daughter and I arrived in the late evening after a long day of international travel. The free shuttle was waiting at the door at the airport. It also took us to the rental car place in the morning. The friendly, welcoming person at the reception desk was much appreciated. When we got to our room, we immediately ordered room service since we were really hungry. The food arrived promptly, delivered by a very nice staff person. I ordered a Cobb Salad and my daughter the BLT. All were excellent! We found the food at breakfast to also be of excellent quality, nicely cooked, with a wide selection of items on the breakfast buffet. The beds were very comfortable. The recently renovated lobby and restaurant are attractive and inviting. The lobby has been divided into smaller, more intimate spaces with comfortable seating for individuals or small groups of people. I would say that the friendly, helpful staff are one of this hotel's greatest assets. The price was so reasonable for such nice accommodations. We will definitely be staying here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear TrixieTraveler,

I am very please to hear about your stay! It makes me very happy that you enjoyed our wonderful staff – shuttle drivers, front desk, and food service. Our lobby was recently renovated, so we love to here the comments about our new look. I hope that you and your daughter come to stay with us again soon. We will be very happy to have you with us again!

Near Topeka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

This modern hotel was nice, but I was disappointed in the lack of things to do nearby- especially within walking distance. I was also somewhat frustrated with the parking- there is definitely not enough for the size of the space. I was also surprised that there was a charge for internet in the rooms. Free wi-fi was available near the front lobby, but not really where I wanted to work.

Room Tip: My kids loved having a room on the NW side of the hotel so they could watch the planes take off and...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank EMSchick312
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear EMSchick312

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel. We always appreciate guest input. I am especially happy to hear that your children enjoyed the room while watching planes take off. I will be sure to inform my team about your internet and parking concerns. I agree that there is not much to do within walking distance, being as we are an airport property. However, there are many neat attractions in the St. Louis area such as the Arch, the Botanical Gardens, and our Zoo – which can all be reached by a short car ride. I hope that you return to stay with us in the future, and are able to see all that St. Louis has to offer.

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

I got very good reviews on tripadvisor for this hotel and my experience was same. Service was very good even though it was full during weekend. Rooms were very spacious / clean. It is reasonably priced for the quality of the hotel and my family had good time in this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing airport are good.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear Nikhil D

I am happy to hear that your family enjoyed their weekend stay at the Renaissance. We appreciate that you took the time to write a review for our hotel. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Langhorne, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

Stayed one night just on business - close to the airport car rental location of Enterprise if you are there. On the good side, service was great from check-in to anywhere else. The fitness center was nice for the space they have. On the interesting side, the decor is uber-modern over an ancient round layout, including the bar/lounge (which I wish served a little less adventurous food and had later kitchen hours, but has a good beer selection). The design/decor kind of works. On the downside, there is not much to do immediately nearby, you are nickel-and-dimed for internet, parking, etc., and parking is a disaster - that's probably my biggest complaint, the parking lot is gated with automated ticket machines that don't make much sense. The whole lot is circular and there are not enough spaces in the front of the hotel, which is separated from another lot on the other side - very odd. I'm not sure why it isn't free and ungated which would make things so much better aside from the awful layout. And internet should be free at any hotel at this point.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank plecostamus
Dear plecostamus

I am very pleased that you have taken the time to write a review for the Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel. We always appreciate guest input, because it helps us improve upon our weaknesses. Internet and parking are two very important issues, and I will be sure to pass your message along to my team so that we may find a better solution in the future. Please keep us in mind for your future travels to St. Louis; we would love for you to stay with us again!

Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

Lipstick on the Pig is a bit too harsh, however despite a glossy exterior, lobby, and bar, they need to fix the infrastructure. I stayed 3 nights, 2 rooms with my wife and twenty-something sons. Great location, easy parking (though they did charge $10/night). We did enjoy the recently remodeled bar area, modern decor, but cozy.
My room is in need of a face lift: paint peeling off the bathroom ceiling, lumpy old mattress, crappy pillows, non-useable door peep-hole. The first night our mattress pad popped off as it was too small for the king mattress. I told the front desk, they promised to fix it. Night 2, again, as soon as I got in bed, off popped the mattress pad. I spent two nights sleeping on bare mattress!! I asked for the Manager (was not around), and again advised the front desk clerk of the mattress pad issue. Night three they got it right, however no offers of compensation were made for the first two nights. One night, we had "visitors" knocking on our door at 2:30am. Not a huge deal, it happens, and they weren't noisy about it, but... when I tried to peer out the peep-hole, it was blurry/fogged up so all I could see was a blur of an image. My room was pool side (away from the freeway) and overall was quiet with a good view. My sons, across the hall, overlooked Interstate 70 and their room was quite loud. They should make you aware, and charge a lower rate. Internet access, a pet peeve of mine, should be complimentary for paying guests. They charge $12.50/day!! I was advised there was free wifi in the lobby. I hauled my laptop to the lobby, and while it was indeed free, it was abysmally slow and I gave up, ended up at a nearby St Louis Bread Co and used their wifi. I find it ironic that paying guests, in their rooms must pay for wifi, yet non-paying visitors in the lobby are given free internet access!!! What's up with that??? The fitness area on the surface looks very nice, it has potential. Unfortunately it is in dire need of maintenance and refresh. Leg press seat adjustment inoperable, about 10% of barbells missing from what used to be a very nice set, missing weight selection pins, rendering several machines inoperable, missing quick connectors on the pulley machines. Net, good progress with the lobby etc, they need to fix the rest.

Room Tip: Don't be on the freeway side, you won't sleep.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CulinarySnob
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear CulinarySnob

I appreciate that you have taken the time to write a review after your stay at Renaissance. Guest input is always appreciated because it helps us to resolve issues and avoid future problems. I am sorry to hear about your frustrations with internet, noise, bedding, etc. Our team is doing their best to resolve these issues, and we hope that we can earn your business again in the future.

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!