“Crib deficiency”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Bettendorf, Iowa
“Crib deficiency”
Reviewed 31 January 2013

We stayed here as a park and fly before a winter escape to the Caribbean. Very nice location and reasonable price, considering that a week of parking was included. The lobby bar and restaurant were very stylish and served wonderful food. This was a much better option than the numerous fast food choices around the hotel. Our only complaint was that a crib was not available for our daughter, which made getting a good night's rest before our flight difficult.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Dear fluidkarma,

I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and restaurant. However, I apologize that there was not a crib available during your stay. I understand that this must have been a great inconvenience. Please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel if you would like to discuss this issue.

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Grayslake, Illinois
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I usually wait to post my review until my stay is complete, but I am writing this mid stay in the hopes that someone at this hotel will take action to address their numerous flaws. Before I go into the problems, I will point out the positive elements: the room is up to date, nice beds, flat screen TV, and free wireless. On the downside, I've never been in a large hotel that had such poor service consistently, which started before we got to the hotel with the shuttle. We called in from baggage claim upon arrival and went to the designated area as directed and then waited more than 20 minutes after assurances that the driver was on his way. When we tried to reach the hotel to get an update, our call went unanswered. Upon arriving at the hotel, we had to seek out somebody to check us in, which took nearly 10 minutes to get someone to the front desk. (I've never seen anything like this before). When we took a break later that afternoon, the server in their "Starbucks" area was not to be found and finally after opening doors and looking for people in the operations areas of the hotel, we found somebody to come provide coffee for us. When we ate lunch as the hotel, it was incredibly slow and we had to press out server to provide basic service items like provide us our check. The most recent disappointment came this morning when I got up early to use the gym, which looked pretty good for a hotel. Unfortunately, my initial happiness that I found an unused treadmill turned once again to disappointment as all 3 (of 6) unused treadmills were not working.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else unless all you want to do is sleep in the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear gad38,

I apologize for the problems during your stay; these issues are completely unacceptable. I will be sure to share this information with my team so we can correct them for future guests. If you would like to discuss these matters further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Chicago, IL
Reviewed 27 January 2013

My family stayed at this hotel while attending a personal event. Arrangements were made by a local family member and the hotel was probably chosen due to its proximity to the airport. The rate we were given was very reasonable and we reserved several rooms. I found this hotel not suitable for a leisure stay. We didn’t find our room to be comfortable at all. The lighting was poor and the room was very dark, even with all the lamps on. The heating in the room was obviously not controlled by the thermostat in the room because no matter how high we adjusted the heating up, it remained cold in the room. It was only during the late night and really early morning that we were able to feel the heat. There is also no microwave or refrigerator, which only added to the room’s inconvenience. There was no complimentary internet access in the room and no business center in the hotel at all. Parking is not free and you pay each time you exit the lot. Also once in the lot, parking is very scarce and finding a park can be a challenge. My husband said that it appeared 40% of the available parking spaces were reserved for the valet service. On the up side, we did not have any negative experiences with the staff.
While the hotel as attractive to look at, it did not fulfill our needs. When in the area again we will probably choose another place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance a few weeks ago and did a park and fly. I've stayed there before and was really happy with it so I knew I would be just as happy this time. Check in was very quick and they were very friendly at the front desk. We spent less staying the night and leaving our vehicle parked for 8 nights there than we would have if we would have just used the airport parking-without the stay. I will be returning to this hotel in the future!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Dear love2travel7243,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Renaissance! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our shuttle service. We hope to see you before your next big trip!

St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I was meeting with someone for just a couple hours who was flying in for the meeting and the lobby at the Renaissance was PERFECT. Their breakfast was delicious and there were so many choices of tables, couches, and even private rooms in which to conduct our meeting. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear Januarybride01,

Thank you for your great review! I am very happy that you enjoyed our lobby and restaurant. Please stop by any time for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We would be happy to see you again!

Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Stayed here for one night pre park and fly in December and one night in January also pre park and fly....Really was impressed by their modernization since we had stayed one year before. The lobby, the bar area, the restaurant. We actually ate at the bar area and had the same waitress both times and she was wonderful...she was on it! And the food was good--mussels, hamburgers and all were tasty. The drinks were good too! The rooms both times were very nice and large and comfy bedding. Nice bathroom amenities...The best part were the drivers who took us over to the airport and who picked us up from the airport. Very friendly, very on time, helpful and it is a very short trip so you get there in a flash. When we got back we used our free ticket to drive out their gate and were on our way back home. We will definitely stay here again and will try to find a AAA special for the park and fly. Sometimes they have a really great rate on that on their website and sometimes it is higher...so just keep checking. My favorite place to go to park and fly in St. Louis currently!

Room Tip: If you like to look at the airport lights choose that side of the hotel. If trying to avoid that, c...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Birthday-Gal
Dear Birthday-Gal,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We greatly appreciate your input. I am pleased that you have enjoyed our hotel so much, from the rooms to the restaurant to our shuttle. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Please come to see us again soon, we will be happy to have you stay with us again!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 January 2013

If you are staying at the Renissance or just need a meeting place they stop by the hotel Lobby Bar / resturant and get a great bowl of French Onion Soup. I have stoped at this location many times and the soups are tops. They are fresh made and worth the price. I can always count on the French soup with lots of good cheese and great flavor without the salt taste.

mj

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank mj s
Dear mj s,

Thank you so much for your kind review! I am very pleased that you enjoy Norah’s as much as we do. I’ll be sure to share your compliments with our Chef and his staff. Please stop by any time, we would be happy to have you!

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St Louis Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!