“Great hotel with great staff! Food was excellent- interior decorating was incredible.”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Highly recommend - Great hotel with great staff! Food was excellent- interior decorating was incredible. Rooms are nice, clean, and very accommodating. Surprisingly quiet for an airport hotel- even with events going on.

• Stayed: May 2013
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel on this site. We appreciate your feedback and are happy you enjoyed your stay. It is a quite hotel! Again, thank you, and we hope to see you next time you visit St. Louis.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I was there for a conference. They have plently of room for to host a lot of people. The first room they gave smelled so much like smoke I had to move. They were very good about getting me moved quickly. From the front desk to maintanence people everyone was great. The rooms are somewhat dated and the lighting is not very good. They have transportation to places close and they will take you to the airport to catch the metro. Room service was very good, but the maid service was less than adequate. If you are on a family vacation this hotel might be less than desirable. When a large group heads to the elevators, there will be a long wait. The hotel lobby has some interesting furniture and you couldn't ask for better service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the airport or one that faces the front.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I appreciate your feedback on the positive areas and the areas we can improve in. I am glad you enjoyed the service. We will be updating our guestrooms at the end of the year and will address the lighting as well. Again, thank you and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Look, this is a very nice hotel. The lobby, bar, and common areas have all been redone. The furnishings in the rooms and all the appointments are wonderful. The staff are smiley and friendly. The proximity to Lambert really couldn't be better, but therein lies the problem. My room faced the main departure runway for that day and thus, I was awakened by what I initially thought was thunder, my entire room shook, and thus began my day (very early) after a very late night with a client. If you're looking to get a good night's sleep, don't stay here unless you absolutely must. I guess there was a reason the rates were so good. I won't stay here again. Ever.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am glad you liked the hotel and staff. Generally, we get positive comments from our guests that face the airport with the view and the low level of plane noise. There is a possibility that a military fighter jet was taking off. This is not typical, especially early in the morning. I apologize that you experienced this and hope you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Overall, very good for an airport hotel. It was nice to have a shuttle between the hotel and airport. Be aware you need to call ahead for the shuttle and the pick up was relatively slow. The front desk staff were competent but not overly friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and quiet. The catering was typical hotel catering but nothing to write home about

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. The feedback is appreciated and useful as we constantly work toward being better than the day prior. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Renaissance did a great job of renovation - Lobby is creatively decorated, with many nice seating areas, and rooms are comfortable.

Unfortunately, nobody "renovated" the service.

Tea and cups were not replenished after first use. It took 2 phone calls and 5 hours to get 2 tea bags.

Our family of 3 was checked into a handicapped room without a closet. When we complained, we were moved to another room (with a closet). The new room had a strong sweet candy-like smell, but at 1 in the morning we were not moving again.

Our new room required a card in the elevator. It worked only intermittently and sometimes required switching elevators.

Hotel charges for Wi-Fi - rather unusual for airport hotels.

Room Tip: Check if the room is handicap accessible - they don't have a closet, and bathroom floor is flood...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. We are glad you liked the renovation but apologize for falling short in delivering exceptional service. Your comments have been distributed to the management team and will be corrected. Again, thank you and we hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My family and I stayed at the Renaissance St. Louis Airport for a spring break getaway in March 2013. The rooms were a bit small and the extras such as in room Wi-Fi or internet did cost. The Wi-Fi was free in the lobby/bar area. Our kids did enjoy watching the planes land and take-off right in front of our window. Parking did cost extra also and at times was very crowded.

Nice exercise room and pool area, and the re-modeled lobby/bar area was really nice. We didn't spend a lot of time in our room so the small sized room didn't affect us too much. Staff was friendly and helpful. Overall, it was a good experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. We appreciate your comments and we are happy you enjoyed your stay. I am glad the kids enjoyed the planes! Again, thank you and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

This place looks nice, but is crazy to say the least. The young lady who checked me was less than pleasant, the housekeepers skipped over my room twice....I had to stop at the front desk at 3pm to request it be cleaned.....the rooms are extremely small, no outlets near bed for charging phones....I could go on and on.... I run hotels and was appaulled by the cleanliness of this hotel. Even during the stay over process, there was hair all over the bathroom floor, none of the counters we wiped off, I know their comforters are not washed which is disgusting for them to be a high end hotel. My hotel washes everything including shower curtains and quilts/comforters. There was dust on all of the lamps, Knicks on the furniture, black mold growing on my shower ceiling, the shower needed caulking badly, the glass had spotted stains from cups on them.....I could go on and on. Kids running and playing in the halls. Housekeepers banging on doors at 8am....but skipping mine.

They then charged me a deposit, which they did not tell me about ALONG with my room charges. The young lady who checked me in did not say anything about deposits being held in addition to room charges, had she, I would not have been alarmed about the extra monies charged on. My account unbeknownst to me. I definitely will be writing Marriott in regards to this hotel. No wonder they run such low rate specials. I could have stayed at the Budgetel ....and had a better experience. They are not far from it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.......
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank butterfly092970
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Dear butterfly092970,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. We appreciate your comments and apologize that your experience was not up to expectations. The review is quite concerning to me and I would appreciate an opportunity to discuss it with you. I hope you will reach out to me.

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
1 mi away
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 18 in Maryland Heights

Been to Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!