“Eclectic Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Sherwood, Arkansas
“Eclectic Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

My family came to St. Louis for a vacation and stayed here. The staff was warm and welcoming from the time we arrived. They were attentive to our needs throughout our stay. I believe I called the girl at the front desk three times (roll away bed, ice bucket and extra towels) the first night and each time she was patient and courteous. The gentleman who brought the items smiled, and was apologetic when it took him awhile. The decorations are what you would see if this hotel was on Melrose in Hollywood...very neo-stylish. We had fun taking pictures of the kids throughout. Breakfast buffet was delicious, plentiful and amazing. The same server was there the three times we dined and was very welcoming with our little ones. Other servers found extra Froot Loops and Cheerios for them. I had eggs with cheese and salsa (the salsa was superb), bacon, sausage, potatoes with peppers and oatmeal daily. All were excellent.
Our room was clean, and the bed was Marriott comfortable. The room was smaller than what I am used to at Marriott properties. Also, the mirror on the closet door was cracked and toilet paper was not refilled during our stay though it needed to be.
It was quite busy the evenings we were there. The first and second nights consisted of proms. This was not an issue and it showed how popular this hotel is for these occasions.
The hotel was located minutes from the places we wanted to see which included the St. Louis Zoo, Del Mar Loop, the Gateway Arch and the St. Louis Galleria. The outlet shops were less than 1/2 hour away.
The actual location of the hotel is not the best. A store called Hustler Hollywood is across the street and the neighborhood does not appear to be the safest. This is not a location for walking around.
There is a 10 dollar fee for parking which I was not expecting. I understand charging people for parking to avoid individuals parking their vehicles and then taking flights (the airport is across the freeway), but it was a bit pricey.
Again, the location is great for its proximity to activities you want to do, the staff is outstanding, the decorations are unique and the breakfast is wonderful. If you plan on staying in St. Louis to explore all there is to do, this is a great choice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RenaissanceSTLouisAp, General Manager at Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I appreciate the detailed review and it is great that you and your family enjoyed the hotel. I apologize for the cracked mirror and lack of toilet tissue. These issues will be addressed with the team. Thank you again, and we hope you stay with us again soon.

Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed at the Renaissance for six nights while attending a training course. I was most impressed with the amazing staff here. I usually stay at smaller properties because I enjoy the personal touch, but the Renaissance staff was as friendly and helpful as anywhere I've stayed. It started with the driver of the airport shuttle, who knew the name of the conference I was attending and welcomed me to St. Louis. It culminated with the bartender/waitress, who - seeing me, a female diner eating by herself - came over twice to talk to me. In between, every member of the staff with whom I spoke went out of their way to be helpful.

The property itself is fine. Rooms were comfortable and very quiet, particularly given how close it is to the airport and the highway. There were a few minor issues (public areas were very cold, main floor women's washroom had no hot water), and there seemed to be a problem with the elevators. Although I personally had no issues, I spoke to several other attendees who were stuck in one for a few minutes. I took the stairs for the week and had no problems.

The food was quite good, both at the conference and in the restaurant. The restaurant was no pricier than you'd expect at a hotel. The gym is small but good.

Overall the hotel itself probably rates a 3 or 3 1/2, but I've given it a 4 because of how terrific the employees were.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bakery
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am and happy you enjoyed the hotel and particularly, the staff. We have a great team and they enjoy delivering hospitality. The air conditioning and cold water will be corrected and the elevators are currently being renovated. We hope you will come back and enjoy the improvements in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a very colorful and elegant decor. The staff is always nice and friendly. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. For the most it's a place a return to every time I visit the St . Louis. I enjoy the lobby and the bars are great. There are 2 places I stay in St Louis with relatives and here . Therefore I will be returning soon and Keep up the good work. Marvelous service always

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rodney C
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site; and, thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. It is great to see the positive comments regarding the team’s service. They genuinely enjoy what they do and I am happy you enjoy their hospitality. We are looking forward to your next visit.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights and it was relaxing. Food is a bit pricy but it was good. Room was very modern and very well kept. Had problems getting towels and soap but other than that it was a pleasant stay. I would stay again only if prices would go down a bit

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. I am happy you enjoyed the hotel yet apologize for the delay in getting towels and soap. Your feedback will help us improve. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.

Wadsworth, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I only spent one night at the Renaissance but found it to be a good hotel. The check in was easy and fast and the hotel staff was very friendly. The room was spacious and comfortable. The work station was well equipped with multiple outlets for the computer, phone and iPad. I had lunch at the hotel, and while the food was overpriced a little, it was good. The work out facility was better than average with a lot of cardio equipment as well some weights and weight machines. I was attending a conference so the room rate was reasonable for what I got ($94). If I could get the same rate all the time, I may stay at this hotel again, but I am a slave to the Hilton points.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. The positive comments are appreciated and I am glad you enjoyed the hotel. Hopefully we will see you again and you we can earn your business with the Marriott Rewards program!

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this property for a quick overnight after flight was cancelled. The hotel does have 24 hour shuttle service which is very nice.
The room was nice and big especially for having two beds in it.

Did run into a few issues with a mini fridge request and the AC. At checkin requested the fridge and it took two additional calls and 2 hours for it to arrive. Additionally the AC was not working and it took two calls and over an hour to get a maintenance person up to correct the problem.
The lounge was very nice and the staff extremely pleasant and friendly. It overlooks the run way which was entertainment for my 6 year old. The evening offerings were more than sufficient for a lite meal.
Overall I would recommend this hotel for a nice stay near the airport.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on this site. Your recommendation is appreciated. We strive to ensure our guests have a positive experience and will work to improve on the response time for requests/repairs. I hope you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to St. Louis.

Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Sure its old, but its been rennovated. Elevators are slow (they are still working on that) and some parts of the hotel still need to be updated. But our room was nice and the complimentary breakfast (we are gold level guests) was fine. Location is next to airport. No problem with noise though. And VERY convenient to airport (this is an airport hotel after all). Parking can be a bit of a problem and they do charge ten dollars a day for it. But we had no problems finding a parking space on this trip. All things considered, this hotel is fine.

Room Tip: Higher floors are Nicer