“Ideal for small meeting or conference near airport”

Hilton St. Louis Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Ideal for small meeting or conference near airport”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I can't recommend this place enough. I organized a small meeting of about 30 participants here and cannot find anything to complain about. On the contrary: the service, from the airport bus, to front desk, to catering and all the business needs were met with utmost friendliness. The rooms were beautiful and clean, the meeting rooms well equipped, the AV people extremely helpful, the catering food delicious and healthy, the restaurant extremely reasonably priced for the good food they served (which is great since there are no high quality restaurants nearby). If I had anything negative to say it would be the views, but that's not why we chose this place - it's as close to the airport as you can get and the convenience was unbeatable. Even the selection of music in the lobby was great (nice eclectic mix of alternative/indie rock/pop). Newly renovated, this Hilton was a great selection for our meeting and I'd recommend my work come back here again for meetings.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I stayed at the Hilton by the airport on business. The check in was friendly and honored all of my Hilton Honors Diamond preferences. I was put on the executive floor, but did not get upgraded to a suite. The room was nice, spacious and provided lovely Peter Thomas Roth bath products.

The evening reception on the executive floor provided fresh fruit, snacks, cheese plate, dessert and a selection of beverages. The service was excellent. I ate at the restaurant on both days and I had a great meal and service (both breakfast and dinner). The breakfast omelet was especially tasty!

It appears the hotel is going through a lot of renovations. Some parts look old and broken (like the elevator missing a panel or the broken doors I passed when I made a wrong turn to the other wing), yet my room and the executive lounge looked really updated. I would worry that some people may not get as nice of a room as others in the same hotel.

The primary reason this hotel received a four star rating was the parking charge ($10 a night). I stay in St. Louis very frequently and I was surprised the paying hotel guests are charged for parking. Because you cannot enter the parking area before getting your key card, you have to park near the front desk, check in, and then go back out and move your car. It's a hassle!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Michigan
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I stayed at the Hilton St. Louis Airport on a Sunday night before flying home the next day. The hotel is quite old and worn. From the lobby to the elevators to the rooms, the place shows its age. The Hilton executive lounge was closed on the weekends, and I was instead offered a voucher for breakfast the next day. When I explained I would be catching a flight before the restaurant opened, I was told there was nothing they could do, nor was there any other meal or snack that could be substatuted. My room was acceptable but not exceptional. My stay was not terrible, but it certainly wasn't outstanding either. I suspect I will look for other Hilton properties in the area if I'm going to stay near the St. Louis airport in the future.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MItravelerforbus
Hotel0925, Manager at Hilton St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, 23 May 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We take all of our guest reviews very serious and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I have personally addressed your concerns with the lounge being closed and breakfast the next morning with the appropriate departments. We at the Hilton St. Louis Airport strive to be the best hotel instead of average and I hope you will give us the opportunity to prove this on your next visit to St. Louis.

Adrienne Lathan
Director of Rooms
wisconsin
Reviewed 28 April 2011

We recently stayed at the Hilton Airport on our trip to St. Louis. We booked our room off of Priceline for much cheaper than the hotel website quoted. Check-in went smoothly. The staff was very friendly and always greeted you when they saw you. We had a room with a king size bed, which was comfortable. Our room was clean. However, there always seemed to be housekeeping carts or work carts with tools in the hallway. They were usually left right in the middle of the hallway too. The bathroom was very small. The room also did not have a refrigerator, which would have been nice. Also, I didn't like having to pay $10 a day to park. The location was good and it was an easy commute into the city or other attractions. Overall, the hotel was nice for the price we paid, but I would not pay full hotel price.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Stayed again at the Hilton Airport St. Louis doing an annual conference and admired how nice the lobby and bar area looks now after their remodelation a couple of years ago...it is a great improvement.
This time I accepted the charge for an upgrade and got a suite in the executive room for additional $25/night. The room was large with a living room area that had a sofa bed, a TV, and a round table with 3 chairs plus a minibar with free cold water bottles; in a separate environment, there is a very comfortable king size bed, a tv and a desk area with all the connections for a laptop and other electronics. Indeed, a nice and large room.
The only disappointment was the bathroom which was very small; actually, so small that you have to close the door to use its facilities.
Perhaps another disappointment could be the lack of High Definiton TV and programming. but that is still typical of many hotels.
I had to call maintenance since my Air Conditioning unit was not cooling enough and to my surprise, they came almost immediately and fixed it within minutes...great service.
The executive lounge is very small although never crowded since the floor was half empty; the breakfast buffet is small but that is good enoug to me since I am not a big breakfast eater; they also have a happy hour in the eveing but I was busy with the conference.
The gym area is large and well equipped.
The only are with free WiFi is the lobby; internet at your room will cost you up to $15/day.
Overall, I had a very nice stay, end enjoyed the hotel facilities, except perhaps for my tiny little bathroom.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Illinois
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Just stayed at the Hilton St.Louis airport with family members, and had great experience. Very friendly staff, clean and nice connecting rooms with comfortable beds. Did a Park and Fly package which was very reasonable and was very happy with the location and quality of the parking lot at the hotel and the efficiency of the shuttle service. Hotel is very close to airport so convenient plus lobby is a fun, relaxing spot for the night before a flight. Would totally recommend this hotel and their park and fly packages.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ETravel
West Palm Beach
Reviewed 4 March 2011

What a gem,,,the staff is incredible all have a attention to customer detail which being a business traveler means the world to me. I know that there are some disparaging comments on here; however...ignore them as the majority of people that take the time to write a review are not business travelers but priceliners looking for the cheapest deal.

Great place; convenient for early flights and if you travel to STL often you know the airport is a mess so you need to check in early due to the inefficiencies of the TSA folks at Lambert...the hotel offers shuttles every 15 minutes

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hilton Garden Inn St Louis Airport
Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport

Been to Hilton St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!